Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Excercise

pandora315 Guest

Default Excercise

Just wondering who's doing what to stay in shape for their pregnancy. I rode my bike to pick up my son from daycare instead of driving or going to on the tram and I realised how out of shape I am- I was exhausted aftewards! Also if anyone is in the melbourne area and would like to meet up to play a couple games of tennis I'd be really up for that. I'm not excellent, havn't played since uni but it seems like a good way to run around for an hour or so and get a good yet social workout.

NOTHING!!!!

It's way too cold to swim or walk atm as I get home when it's almost dark. But as soon as it starts warming up again I'll be back into the walking & swimming.

Me either, absolutely nothing. Well, running after a toddler is exercise I guess, but that's it.

Kazz & co \/
    Nicholas 26/10/02

I did nothing either during both my pregnancies, but might be starting a pram push with some other BB ladies from Adelaide in the warmer weather to get BACK into shape LOL

Love :smt049

When I was pg with Em I walked heaps, also did a little swimming early in pg (when It was warm). When I was pg with Alecia I played netball till I was 6months, and walked heaps! With this one I haven't started any excercise as yet, but plan to swim and walk, and maybe a little yoga if I can get my hands on some good at home instruction.

Tanya

I try to swim twice a week and do Yoga twice a week and walk the other days.

I can personally recommend staying active as so far my pregnancy has been without severe back aches (only when I slacked off and didn't do sports for 2 weeks) or other problems (fingers crossed, touch wood, say a prayer).

Snowy

Debbie Lee Guest

I haven't done anything either Have been feeling to icky. I have to get up for work at 6am so that rules out getting up early (no way am I getting up at 5am! That's insane!) and because I have to drive 45 minutes to work, it is dark by the time I get home. I am like Sarah, once it starts warming up and staying light, I will start walking again. The Dr. told me to take it easy because I have high blood pressure. If I start off too hell for leather I can do more harm than good. I want to looking into water aerobics for when it is really hot too. I figure at least by then I can blame the pregnancy on my whale-like appearance in togs,

my exercise has been to the bathroom and back 30 times a day sometimes having to drag myself so I think thats strenuous enuff. When the m/s goes away Im hoping to do a fair bit of walking but right now I couldnt even contemplate it

i dont do anything really either, excpet being on my feet all day at work and walking to and from the bus stops.

i didnt do anything with josh either

take care
    Lesley

I have just started walking Nicholas for 30 mins a day, as the weather is finally becoming nice. Yay.

Kazz & co \/
    Nicholas 26/10/02

I walked three times a week and swam twice a week! For the first two trimesters and then I walked maybe once a week and laid around like a big whale during the last trimester....lmao!

pandora315 Guest

Now I remember why I didn't exercise at all last pregnancy- its because morning sickness makes you feel awful! I having a great time walking everywhere, taking bike trails, and enjoying streatching and yoga until last wednesday when the morning sickness (aka all day sickness) started. Now my attitude is totally different and I don't seem to care about much of anything except hoping I'll manage to make it to the toilet instead of throwing up on the carpet.

FijiDad-2-B Guest

Default Exercise

Bula!

My lovely lady and I have been going for walks along the sea wall basically every week day for the last 2 weeks. (We've only known for a tiny bit longer than that). So far we've only been going for about 1/2 and hour, but I'm a bit nervous about doing too much more than that.

When the weather gets warmer, we're going to start swimming. That should be interesting, as the distance I can swim usually depends on the depth of the pool However, she likes swimming, so that's what we're going to do.

Oh - by the way (and y'all from the southern states are going to hate this) when I say "when it gets warmer"... the minimum lately has been about 20, but that's a bit cool for us

Week 11 and counting.

swimming & walking are fantastic exercises!! I was told to swim at least 3 times a week and the only concern is if your heartrate gets above 120 (?) and if you overheat, so its great just not to go to hard. I also found that walking was fantastic, near the end a bit hard to do, but it was great for relaxing tight muscles...

I attended Pregnastics classes at my hospital twice a week from about week 23...
    They were run by physiotherapists and were a combination of low impact aerobics, stretching, pilates, and excerball... We also had to take our heart rate at the beginning and middle of each session, and it was recommend that if your heartrate was above 120bpm, but staying below 140bpm, then that was a good rate to excercise at.
    Maybe you should check to see if your hospital does anything similar???

Leah Guest

AMBAH

Wow thanks for telling us about Pregnastics that sounds fantastic. How many times a week do you do it?
    How did you find out about it. Did the ante-natal clinic inform you?
    I will be asking at the hospital where I will be going if they do Pregnastics. Hope they do as it sounds like fun and is great to keep us fit.

Catch you later Leah

Leah Guest

AMBAH

Sorry just realised you said you do Pregnastics twice a week. Must be that Pregnant brain again.LOL.

Hi Leah,
    I found out about the Pregnastics classes from a hospital brochure the midwife gave me at my first hospital appt.
    And the physiotherapy dept continues to hold classes for mums after the birth - to help get them back in shape... only I can't go to those ones because now it is too hard with Aidyn and the pram to get public transport all the way there...
    I went to the Royal Brisbane Womens Hospital. I don't know if they are one of the only ones that hold classes like that or not?
    But best of luck finding something similar for yourself, because it really is fun! Even if there are no classes held near you, I'm pretty sure you can get excerise videos/dvd's for pregnant women?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast