Thread: Feeling Pregnant

Default Feeling Pregnant

I feel so strange after the emotional rollercoaster of the past few days.

When will it hit me? When I have the first ultrasound, when I start to grow out (when will that be, I cant wait?!)

Melinda Guest

Hey Jess,

It's different for everybody as to when it sinks in emotionally that you are indeed PG and having a baby, as well as when symptoms kick in!

Personally I didn't have any symptoms at all until exactly 7w - prior to that the only physical thing that was different was the obvious lack of AF! Emotionally my situation is a bit different having suffered from m/c, so the emotional aspect has been way up there!

As for when you will start to see your lovely bump - again, it's different for everyone as we all carry differently! It also depends on your size and whether you've had previous PG's or not, as people who are having a 2nd or more PG usually show a lot more quickly.

Hi Jessica!
    Good question. At first it felt totally unreal for me too. My only symptom was larger boobs and huge nipples. Other than that felt fine. Every now and then I felt some tugging in my belly, which made it feel more and more real. And then since I've been about 6 weeks I've been feeling nauseous. Intellectually I know I'm pregnant, but it's not like I can 'feel it grow inside of me' or something like that. It's all a bit surreal still. I will tell you how I feel tomorrow after my first u/s!

Snowy

Orkids Guest

I still dont feel pregnant a lot of the time, despite seeing the little vomit-maker a couple of weeks ago. Although we saw the baby I still find it hard to believe that its in me. Maybe it'll hit home when I feel it moving.

I first felt my tummy above my pubic bone at about 13 weeks and now at 15 weeks its definately expanding. I can feel it now - not a bad feeling, just an awareness that its there/heaviness.

It still hasn't hit me... LOL #-o

What I mean is being pregnant has, but the fact that an end result is going to come out in 2 months hasn't entirely hit me yet, maybe if we get that nursery done!

Christy

Well, Jessica, I can tell you after the U/S it has sunk in a little bit more that there is something growing inside me. I had to cry when I saw the little fragile heart pumping away like crazy!

I have something with an aerobic heart beat living inside of me that looks like a space shrimp!

I already love my little shrimp so much and I can't stop looking at the slide with all the U/S pictures with our snowmonkey from all sorts of angles. :smt049 :smt049 :smt049

Pietta Guest

It's still hitting me that I am pregnant... slowly. Sometimes I wake up at night and I think, I dont know if I am ready for this and I get really scared. I dont know how my life is going to change or anything. When I feel him/her moving it reassures me that bubs is ok, but sometimes it is just so much more real than others. Don't feel as though you're strange or anything. I have felt quite distant from my bub for a couple of days, but I am sure that will pass!
    In regards to when do you see your bump, I agree with the other statements of it is different with everyone. I seem to have bumped out the last few weeks. But I have a friend who is 37 weeks and she looks as though she is 20 weeks.
    Keep positive, it'll all happen soon enough and you'll look back at this time and go, I wish it was that easy now!!

Thanks girls, I am, very much looking forward to the 1st ultrasound.

It's funny, now that I know I am pregnant, I am not noticing the symptoms. When I wake up in the morning I wait to feel the symptoms and I feel a bit wierd that I am not noticing them.

My boobs are sore, but not much, nausea is very minimal. And thats pretty much it.

DH thinks its so funny, I want to have sore boobs and vomit! But being a first time I stress that some days I have no symtoms at all and maybe something is wrong. I just gotta take one day at a time and stop stressing I guess!

I told my sister and my best friend the great news yesterday, and I almost felt like I was making it up coz I dont feel pregnant!

Jess, I am just waiting for your post in December saying 'Get this thing outta me!!!' when you have a huge belly and only a few days to go LOL.