Thread: First Beats Fetal Doppler

Default First Beats Fetal Doppler

Hi,

i have just hired one - I am 9 weeks 5 days do you think it is still to early for it.

Im scared i might not be able to find the heart beat and then make myself worry even more.

I didn't think you could hear the HB with a doppler until 12wks. I know most DR's or m/w won't use one to check until you are passed 12wks just in case they can't find it.
    It should say on the paperwork or online at what stage you can hear it.

It says 10 - 12 weeks but who knows how legite that info is really

I think you should check the paperwork as Michelle suggested. It probably is too early. I know my Ob wouldn't use his on me last week coz he said it was too early to hear anything. I can't wait til he does!

I'm sure there will be girls on here who will have an answer for you. Good luck

ETA I'd probably wait for a bit then, just so you don't give yourself a fright if you don't get anything at first.
    Last edited by Janie; November 16th, 2006 at 09:06 AM. Reason: Posted at the same time!

I found a HB with this PG and the last one between 11-12w. It can depend on a lot of things though and if not finding a HB is only going to make you stress then I'd say hold out as long as you can. Sometimes it can be hard to locate the HB on the doppler until the 2nd tri and some people find it difficult to get a reading with the doppler even later into their PG.

Meegm - definitely wait. You can read my about my doppler nightmare here ---> http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/showthread.php?t=19987

I was 15w6days when I posted.

Thanks Kar, just read it - im just not even gonna bother using it(waste of money) , i have my ultrasound in 12 days so i just gonna hang out for that.

Thanks

Meegm
    Agggh! I didn't mean to put you off completely!
    Danni uses one all the time and loves it. So do many other girls on BB.

Na Na you havnt - i just am going to wait until i know its ok to use it - i dont need the stress of not being able to find it..

Meegm,

I'm counting down to my us too, 10 more sleeps for me!

It's a hard wait this time in the pregnancy, but it's worth it, and they before you know it you be at your 19 week scan!

Try and busy yourself and help time go quicker by not thinking about it. After the first scan you'll be right to use your doppler.

How much are those things anyway?

either 39$ for basic one or 49 for one with an LCD screen soyou can see the heart rate...

Plus a one off 17$ courier fee and they give you a sacthel to return it in once you have finished.

www.firstbeats.com.au

Meegm,

So it's like hiring it? Like a breast pump?

Ok, I might see about that one myself. Just want to get the all clear next ultra sound, 8 more sleeps to go! Then I might get one for my son to hear the baby.

Keep smiling, thanks for the advice.

Yeah you can buy them for about 395 $

Good luck with the U/S ive got 10 days till mine....

Good luck with yours too.

I've had a 7 week and 10 week scan already, so I'm sure it'll be OK, but as I lost my last one at the 13 week scan, I just need to get over that "hump" if you know what I mean.

I'm doing really well since the 10 week scan, very similar to the 13 week one, little bub with 2 arms, 2 legs and a big head swimming around. It was great to see!!

But I am getting nervous if I let myself think about it too much. See my new Obs for the first time tomorrow morning, which I'm looking forward too. Hopefully he's nice. Not using my normal Obs as I have moved and he's a bit far now and doesn't deliver in my area.

Let me know how you go OK.

You too....