Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First symptoms of pregnancy

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Default First symptoms of pregnancy

Everyone can experience different symptoms when they first fall pregnant. What were the first signs of pregnancy for you?

Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

A blood test that was positive for Pregnancy - all the urine ones were negative, but, in hindsight, they were done too early.

When I think back to how I felt before the positive result, I had tender boobs and really felt like af was on the way!

Seeya

My symptoms were the same as Kelli, I had sore/tender breasts and was feeling very pre-menstrual - so I think that was another component of the surprise! I also had a few pimples (which I thought was eczema) on my chin. I NEVER get pimples! I asked the doctor to prescribe me some eczema cream and he said it was more like a bit of pregnancy induced acne and how much more convincing did I need that I was pregnant? LMAO!
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

My nipples were EXTREMELY sensitive and were like flashing beacons (sp?) !

And I was starting to get nauseas.

I had 2 bloodtests and 4 urine tests before it actually showed up positive on the last bloodtest LOL!

*hugs*
    Cailin

First time around. I was tired and extremely dizzy all the time before the HPT turned positive. I put that down to (well dizzy bit anyway) very low iron levels. Had no idea about pre natal vitamins then lol.

This time around, still waiting to find out. HPT has been negative and get crampy feelings like AF is around the corner but no sign yet and 2 days late.

Love

Hi all

The first time I was PG there were no symptoms at all, apart from the sides of my boobs ached. I had had a really nasty infection that cycle, so was fully expecting my cycle to be out of whack. Plus DH and I had both been away with work, separately and in different states, around my normal O time, so I fully didn't expect to be PG. A week after AF was due DH nagged me into doing a HPT........and it was positive. It took about a week after that to start feeling nauseous.

However, now that I am PG again (I am so excited to be able to write that!) my symptoms are:

• Sore boobs
      Constipation
      Mega Nausea
      Hunger
      Knackered: really really tired mid mornings
      Very high temps (much higher than usual post O temps)
      Creamy brown pinky mucus spotting on about 10 DPO

DH keeps worrying that I am really sick.........but.......bring it on I say! I am just so glad to be PG again, I don't care how crap I feel!

First signs for me were my temp stayed up (I had been charting for 6 months) & my boobs were tender.

There were three things for me starting all at the same day, Sore boobs, increased thirst and (blush) drooling on my pillow .

I was extremely tired and headachey... I would take my lunch break at work and just fall asleep out the back or in the library!
    My emotions were also completely haywire, I remember having a few mini out-of-control breakdowns...
    I also felt H-O-T!!!

I fell pregnant by surprise with Marisa, so I wasn't really looking out for signs, but it all started with an emotional outburst at work (I quit!) and for the rest of the day (poor woman in the carpark). After that day, I saw the doc and I was 5 weeks when that happened. Then I remember being really tired and as the days went on, morning sickness crept in...

With the second, I was trying and I noticed I had heartburn, which I only had when pregnant last time, so I knew! I was lucky not to get any other symptoms, just felt like my body was normal, which freaked me out! Morning sickness until around week 11 (weird!) and it lasted a couple of weeks.
    Kelly xx

With this pregnancy, I didn't notice ANY symptoms at first. I think I was close to 3 months when I started getting the sore breasts, tiredness and all that.

However, with my first pregnancy, between 1 and 2 weeks after conception I had an extreme unexplained emotional swing; became very tearful for no apparent reason. This didn't last longer than a day, and I couldn't work out the cause of it. When I found out I was pregnant, it was a relief to realise it was probably the hormonal flow causing this emotional upheaval.

My 1st symptom this pg was lots of creamy cm that started up right after O. Then I started getting some odd food cravings LOL.

Kirsty77 Guest

My frst symptoms were extreme tiredness :sleeping: , creamy cm and really sore boobs

No AF, feeling sick all the time, vomiting, off my food.

There is an article on the main BellyBelly website that talks about Early Pregnancy Symptoms that some of you may be interested in, specially the girls that think they might be pregnant or have just fallen pregnant. If you want to check it out click Early Pregnancy Symptoms

I hope everyones symptoms dont get too bad, specially that dreaded morning sickness one

Love

Mine were creamy cm straight after ovulation, '*lumpy* breasts, mood swings (poor DP!), feeling hungry all the time (although this didn't last), and no dip in temps. O

NatG Guest

I got extremely sore breasts at about 4-5 weeks pregnant. At first I thought it was just a sign I was about to get my period. Which, obviously, didn't show up. Penny dropped about 3 days later.

The sore boobs were really my only big sign at first.

Sore and swollen boobs, very emotional, tiredness and being really thirsty.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast