thread: Follow up appointments

Nov 2007
    Off with the fairies.

Follow up appointments

Do GPs usually do follow up appointments to go through your blood test results and stuff like that?

I had my first GP appointment last week and they called to make an appointment for next week.
    They like to go through your results and all that with you, right...

I guess I was just thinking I wouldn't have to see the GP again, or anyone else until my first OB appointment next month.

I worry heaps.

Sorry.

2013 BellyBelly RAK Recipient.

May 2007
    Brisbane

Usually they'll only ring if theres something they want to get on top of right now. I'm sorry if that worries you more, but it is most likely something as simple as having indicators that could lead to anemia or diabetes, and they just want to let you know. Maybe she forgot to do something in the first appt. (do you have a referral for a scan... the hospital I am booked in to said to get a referral from the GP to have one done before my first appt....).

Nov 2007
    Off with the fairies.

Nah, no scans are anything like that. I think I have to wait and see my OB for that.

I was so worried and tears and stuff, my boyfriend called them back to ask more about it, and they told him it's just to go through the results, and it's nothing. The GP just wanted to get on top of the stuff before I go to my OB.

I guess if it was something serious, and needed to be sorted out, they'd want to see me straight away and not wait till next friday.

2013 BellyBelly RAK Recipient.

May 2007
    Brisbane

Yep, after hearing that from your GP, I'd say theres nothing to worry about.

Tenny.... If it makes you feel better, I had my BTs done at the end of November, and I keep worrying that theres something wrong and they've missed it and not called me back (complete opposite to you, but just as nerve wracking! lol!).

Jan 2006
    The Hawkesbury

Yeh you usually go back to your doctor to get a copy of your blood test to take to the hospital or your OB and keep with your records. THey may just discuss if you need a rubella booster etc sort of thing in the future.

Nov 2007
    Off with the fairies.

Oh, thank you too.

I was worried alot. Lol. I'm a worrier normally, but I was extra worried.

Did anyone find in any other pregnancies, they worry more and don't know why?
    This is my second pregnancy, and I'm so nervous and stuff about it, like it's my first. Lol.
    I don't get it.
    Maybe it hasn't fully sunken in yet, cause it happened so fast...

Nov 2007

that is what i had to do. After I got all my blood taken I had to make another appointment to go through the results. Nothing to worry about at all!

Sep 2005
    South Coast NSW

I had my dr go through all my results too, if it was serious they would want to see you sooner than friday.
    I have found that each pg i get worried more coz im feeling things differently and comparing more to the other pregnancy!! Hehe. Dont worry!!

Sep 2006
    Sydney

I had to make an appointment to get my results too, my doctor doesn't do them over the phone for privacy reasons. Nothing to worry about, it's just standard!

All the best

Nov 2007
    Off with the fairies.

I have found that each pg i get worried more coz im feeling things differently and comparing more to the other pregnancy!! Hehe. Dont worry!!
    Lol. Sooooo trueeeee!

Thank you all for replying.
    It helped put my mind to ease.
    xx