Thread: freaking out!

Red face freaking out!

Help me please!

I can not sleep at night at all, last night i was crying on DH shoulder.
    Nothing to do with the actual pregnancy...
    all to do with the actualy labour.

I am freaking out... i do not want to go through that pain again!

With DD i had gas and pethedine (sp?) but it was too late by the time i wanted the epidural. It didn't bother me last time, i was very naive and didn't really think much about the labour - so no worries at all.
    this time i know what happens... a baby comes out of my vagina!!! LOL!

Oh god... anyone else having these minor panic attacks?
    Last edited by tellytubby; March 30th, 2009 at 10:40 AM.

calm down.. u are only 6 weeks.

Mayb look into hynobirthing or something.. a more calmer and beautiful way of giving birth. While its still early days research, research!! mayb a water birth? though about hiring a doula.

Ofcourse labour hurts, its excruciating. But remember billions of woman do it every year and im sure only about 50% end up being born in hospital with all the drugs.

Doesnt help your hormones are abit in overdrive atm, just take a deep breath, u will be fine.

enjoy your ppregnancy.

I know how you feel! I had a horrible, long first labour and I was very nervous about going back again. When I fell pg with DS2 I decided to learn more about how labour works and how I could work with my body to have a better experience. I found a thread on BB sooooo helpful and I give it heaps of credit for having a brilliant second labour.

The thread is here: http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/labo...f-methods.html. When you get the chance, have a read through it. It is a long thread, but if you read just the posts by the OP, blue daisy, you'll get lots of great information from it. I copied and pasted her posts and put them into a Word document and read it many times over!

You have heaps of time to prepare yourself physically and emotionally. You'll be just fine

Thanks heaps trish!
    I will definately be reading through it.
    Got ages before the big day, but it'll probably go quicker than i hope!

Have you thought about calmbirth or hypnobirthing? I did calm birth for my second labour and found that it was a wonderful way to prepare for the arrival of your baby, it helped me stay calm and relaxed and I actually enjoyed my labour and had a wonderful birth experience, it also helped deal with issues or fears that I had about my previous labour and impending labour. Just something to think about

I'm having panic attacks everytime i think about the whole birth thing. I've been at a birth before, and it's not so much the pain that scares me, it's the whole situation. I dunno, everytime i think about it i start freaking out and hyperventilating.

Don't think of all the negative things, think positive and think of yourself having a nice birth. Thinking of all the bad things will just make you stress which is what you don't need. I know we all think of the bad things that can happen but we really need to focus on all the good things.

Lightbulb

Hi there TellyTubby,

Can I make a suggestion that you & DH,attend a Birthing Class,which will help you learn to enjoy your pg,& relax,they are usually run through the hospital in which you attend,they are well worth it. You could always talk about your pain releif options with your Doctor & Midwife early so they are aware that you would like to use some kind of pain relief....good luck hun,try not to stress so much it`s not good for you or bub,hun.

mummy of many -

Thanks for the replies. Sweetpea - I think i might look into calmbirth or hypnobirthing. A friend of mine did hypnobirth and she had a completely natural birth, she said it was still painful, but nothing like her first. So they must do something!

Sopierose - good luck hun! Maybe you should look into hypnobirthing too? lol

I would definitely sign up for some parenting and birthing classes. I have signed up to mine and can't wait!

Serenitylee
    yeah i did them with DD and they were good
    just when it came to showdown i forgot almost everything they talked about! haha
    but the midwife who delivered kaili was the midwife who did the class, so she just kept reminding me things

What scares me is if I'm going to get to the hospital in time!!

I'm expecting this rocket to blast off in two hours this time - who knows, of course. But first DS was only a 4 hour birth/labour with no pre-labour of any kind and no waters breaking.

Trying to think of what the heck I do if DH is at work and everyone falls off the planet...... you know what I mean though.

Evie, i would definately be making sure family or someone was around as your due date gets closer! that would worry me too! Especially with your DS..

Good luck!