Thread: Help - Loose stools - 5wks pg

Default Help - Loose stools - 5wks pg

HI All,

I know it may seem a silly question, but I am wondering if I should be concerned about having really loose bowel movements starting up. I am 5wks today and when pg twice last yr m/c at 5wks yet I also had doses of loose bowel movements as well. I was a bit worried that, that is what is causing my m/c's. I have a DR's appointment tomorrow to check my HCG levels again, which yesterday they were 815. I was hoping that I wouldnt get it this time yet it has happened twice today. I never had it with any other pg'cys apart for last yr and now this one.
    Have any of you experienced this. I am worried to eat any fruit JIC it gets worse, I just dont know what to do. My Dr prescribed some antibiotics to help with it, but the pharmicist said not to take it while pg, so I never bought it.
    Has anyone any ideas on what can help with loose stools.
    Now I am hoping that my levels have risen tomorrow just so I can feel better about this. I really don't feel any symptoms atm, so I am in a stage of the pg that I have no idea what is going on. HUgs all and Thanks
    This really is starting to worry me..

Cheryl, I don't think it is anything to worry about. I kept hearing about how many ladies were constipated and I was, and still am the opposite. I don't have the runs or anything, just very regular and softer than normal, eeeeweee TMI.. I just put it down to me eating heaps of fruit and vege.

Thanks Nic, yet I havent been eating any fruit at all as every month since my m/c in June I was getting loose stools from around "o" until AF. As well as because of the m/c's I keep wondering if it was from that. SO I have been nervous about eating it JIC. Yet I seem to be getting it anyway.

I got the runs from a couple of days after O on the cycle that I got pg, that's what made me twig that I could be pg. In the early pg symptoms thread it says that the runs are a symptom.
    If you are worried I would just get it checked out anyway.

csab - i have found each time i've been pg i've had loose motions due to the hormones causing a flare up of IBS - one thing to keep in mind - stress will often cause your tummy to become upset, so it's possible the change in hormones together with the stress of the previous losses might be causing it.

make sure you keep up the fruit and veg - it's going to do you a whole lot more good than anything else you could eat.

good luck hun

Nic - I am seeing the DR tomorrow, just hoping that I am worrying over nothing. I have noticed even with the m/c's years ago I got the runs just before. I have read a few people getting the runs thru out pg. Just hoping that it gets firm again, and all is well. I thought that today was such a good day, no stressing felt good about everything, until that started up again.

Brigsy - Thanks hun, I will see what happens tomorrow when I see the Dr again. I told one of the Dr's I was seeing about it, and that I wasnt gain to eat fruit in case it made it worse, he didnt really say much unless I forgot you know with pg brain and all.

csab -- I like Nicambhar was always loose rather than constipated with each of my pregnancies - again its a way that I realise I am pregnant cause it continues for days on end. I can see why you are concerned given the previous circumstances but I'm sure the doc will be able to let you know tomorrow that everything is fine. Thinking of you.

Hi Cheryl,

Just wanted to let you know that I had the same thing early in my pregnancy (around 5-7 weeks) and a few of us discussed it in our "Due In..." thread. It turned out that there were quite a number of us experiencing the same thing, and all worried about it at the time. It seems like such a distant memory now....

Good luck with the doctors appt today!

Cheryl, it is true a lot of women have loose stools just prior to AF. I believe this is due to the drop off in progesterone.
    Having said that, an awful lot of women experience loose stools in the early stages of pregnancy so this could well be due to that. The fact that you have had it prior to miscarrying before does not mean you will miscarry this time.

Please stay positive (I know that is easier said than done!).

Big hugs to you.
    Debbie

HI Cheryl me too....and i had only ever read about people being constipated but I am more like Nicamber, softer and more frequent TMI I know but...

Morning All,

Thanks for all your replies and support. I really appreviate it.

Jaspen, MT and star - Gee I am glad I am not the only one. lol. Yet I had never suffered with it before, with my other successful pg's. Thanks for sharing.

Angel - I know about the loose stools before AF, as that always happens, yet I have been suffering it from the time of "o" until the time AF is due. DR doesnt believe it has anything to do with the m/c's which is a good thing, yet he also said there are many reasons for this to be happening and wants me to give a sample of it? Yuckkkkkk. Just don't think I can do that. lol.

Well, got my BT results back yesterday and they had gone upto 1732 from 815. He still wants me to do another BT on Monday and then after that he would prefer to go by U/S to see how things are progressing.

Thanks again....

Don't stress about it. I had a number of loose ones early on, it seems to be a hormonal thing. Things went back to normal and now I have the joy of greeny black ones (sorry if that's TMI) as I've been put on iron tablets and constipation will probably come soon as well as they tend to cause that too.

I am 7 weeks preg and having same problem except I am getting cramps also. Had a blood test on Fri waiting for results to come back.
    I am worried my last preg was nothing like this....

Hi everyone, thanks for your support this week. I had my BT done on Monday and it had risen to 3309. So now the Dr just wants to monitor my pg with U/S. My first U/S will be on Thursday, when I will be 6wks exactly. Thanks again everyone I really appreciated your support. Hugs