Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HELP!!! Worried about HCG levels!!!!!

Default HELP!!! Worried about HCG levels!!!!!

Hi,

I need help with HCG levels!!!

I should I am 9 days post ovulation, and have been getting VERY positive HPT - so went in for the blood test and the HCG level is 47,000

Based on some reading I have done this could mean;
    - multiple preg - but I think the levels are too high even for that
    - molar preg - (I think this is the most likely - as I have had two previous miscarriages)
    - Down Syndrome (but I am only 25 years old)
    - Further along than expecting (that isn't possible for me)

My normal GP is away until the end of January who knows all my history - so I want to get as much info as possible.... Anyone else seen level this high?? Any experiences here?????

Thanks
    Belinda

Default hope all is well

Hi there, hope all is well and you have got some help from your doctors.

Thanks so much Bettyboop and Fletch - I hope to goodness it is triplets - there are no multiples in the family though....

Anyway just off to the doctors now to see what they have to say, and I think I will ask for an early scan - they might be able to pick up something??

Thanks again,
    Belinda

Bindi, I have been doing some searching on the internet in regards to hcg and molar preg. Have you had any bleeding or anything else to worry about? Because it seems with molar pg there are usually other symptoms and its very uncommon.

Just thinking it could either be a multiple pg, which you already know. Or I'm just wondering why you say you definitely coudn't be futher along. Was there anything strange about the last period you had because I've heard that many women get withdrawal bleeding (they bleed when their period would have been) when they are actually preg.

Let us know how it goes at the dr, it's a pity they didn't give u a bit more info when u 1st got the results.

Also I read that molar pg can be picked up on an u/s apparently it would look like a bunch of grapes.

Best Wishes for a Happy and Healthy pregnancy

Awww I just pray its a lot a babies in there for you or you some how might be further along somehow!!!!!

Hope it all goes fine for you sweetie!

OOOH I'm hoping it's a multiple!!!!!

Fingers crossed!!!!!

Hi Bindi13,
    Looking foward to hearing how you are going with the hcg levels. If you know any info yet?

clare076 Guest

Hi Bindi
    I honestly think you are either a lot further along in your pregnancy than you thought, or they have the numbers wrong. It is posible for pathology errors to occur from time to time.
    I dont think even a molar pregnancy would give you numbers that high at 9DPO, most women don't implant until at least day 5.
    Fingers crossed for a multiple, but I would expect more than 3 with a number like that this early

bindi, why is it not possible for you to be further along than you believe? I seriously think that is the case also....

Hey everyone, thank you soooooooo much for your support and comments - I went to the free clinic doctor today - and the doc wan't sure what the next step should be so I asked for an ultrasound - so that is tomorrow. Also repeated the blood test today so will get the results tomorrow arvo.

The reason that I am not further along is my last period was the 1 Nov - and I did fall pregnant that cycle with pos HPT on the 24-29Nov - but then the HPTs started going negative, and I had a negative blood HCG on the 04 Dec - my normal doctor also got me to have an ultrasound to make sure nothing was being retained but there was nothing on the ultrasound.... anyway I never got a period... so I thought that maybe my body skipped that period, and I started using the ovulation test kits to see if I was going to ovulate anyway.... using the tests it looked like I ovulated on the 18 Dec.

If I am further along then oringinally thought then I don't understand how the HCG levels could be up, go to zero then go sky high????

In terms of other symptoms I had to go the the hospital on the 20th Dec as I had such bad abdominal pain I couldn't stand up - but after two hours it was all better so I went home before seeing anyone (plus I didn't know I was preg at the time). Also I had some spotting on 24-27 Dec but nothing that was worrying me.

I am sooo confused - and without my normal doctor here I have no one to ask all my questions to except you guys!!

Anyway I hope to goodness this is all a lab screw up!!!

Thanks again for all of your support!!!!!
    Belinda

Hi Fletch - I am in Canberra - not the best place in Oz but good for work

MUMMY4LIFE is offline .: ~ Don't regret anything that ever made you smile ~ :.

Hope everything goes well for you tomorrow Bindi....

Please keep us posted.

Thank you sooo much everyone - just back from the doc now - scan wasn't any help, so I have to go back for another one in 10 days. My second HCG level is 60551.... so it isn't a lab screw up, but it also isn't doubling very quickly (it is a 5.5 day doubling rate).

The doctor thinks that I may have ovulated twice in Nov - one could have been a blighted ovum which explains the rise in HCG then fall over 24-29 Nov- and a second egg could have been fertilised on the 25 Nov........ I don't know how likely this scenario is - but I like the idea!!!

Anyway there is nothing I can do except try to forget it all until the next ultrasound and hope that lets us know something. If I am six weeks pregnant a 5.5 day doubling rate seems a little slow????

Thanks again everyone!!!!!

Belinda

clare076 Guest

Once your levels reach that high they wont double every 48-72 hours. Why was the scan no help? Did they see the gestational sac, baby, anything??? I take it, they aren't thinking multiple or molar?
    This is all so bizarre, you have definately set the record for HCG levels at 9DPO!

Good luck with it all
    Last edited by clare076; December 30th, 2006 at 09:52 PM. Reason: I meant good luck not god luck

Good luck with everything,and hope you get some results soon to explain what is going on!

If it helps any,the 1st day of my last AF was November 1st. On December 4th,just as a whim and not thinking i'ld see any results(after 14 months of TTC)i did a HPT..and Bingo!A positive!!

Bindi, I will sahre my scenario as it kinda sounds similar!!!

After along time of TTC we finally got a +HPT & at about 5-6wks I started heavy bleeding which continued & after 2 days it got really heavy & so i went to Hospital, They did scans & said I was still viably preg but with a huge loss threatening Abortion & I was sent home for bedrest! about 2 days later on DH's b'day (Dec 13th) I passed a clotty matter & I believe this was the baby... as it was so close to Christmas I couldnt get in for a scan but booked in for early Jan about the 7th..?
    At the scan I was told baby had gonE & all was cleared & empty I was also told I had ovulated from my right side about 2 wks earlier ??

I continued to have painful breasts & they were just growing crazily & my tummy was swelling at a fast pace... Late jan I POAS & got a +,I panicked & called my OB I went in & told him & he siad Congrat's he didnt do any tests but asked me to go for a scan within the next 3-4 wks when I went in I was told I was 8ish wks preg which I found hard to understand as it then would have worked out I O'd within a few days of losing baby...
    there was exactly 4 wks (to the day) in their scan EDD...????
    But i went on to birth a very beautiful little girl (the apple of Daddy's eye) & also her big sisters little toy!! hee hee

I wish you so much luck....

Wow that is a high hcg level. Hopefully what the doctor said is what has happened, or that youre carrying more than one bubba. good luck for your next scan!

Smile hope all is well

Hi there wow life can be stressfull, hope thing are going well for you and you get some good answers soon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast