Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi I am new here

Default Hi I am new here

Hello to you all,

Hubby and I just found out we are pregnant on thursday 28/5/08 and it is possible I am 4 weeks but the doc wants to get a scan done for me. With the scan is it internal or an external one??? This is our first baby and it feels soo weird already even thought its only like 1mm big lol

Hi Rinnie, congratulations on your news!! I would say that due to it being so early on that it's likely to be an internal scan. I've never had a scan that early but my friend had several due to some complications and they were all internal early on.

Ps... Landsborough is a very nice area I'm just down the road in Burpengary.

Hi Ozzy,

thanks for that. Yeah Landsborough is ok but we have recently moved to Mooloolah which I like alot better and I can have my horses in my backyard. Did you get any of the really crippling cramps at all. I been getting them for the past week and it bring tears to my eyes and I cant move???

We were in Burpengary not that long ago. I dont mind it there lots of big properties where we were anyway

Oh my gosh Rinnie - snap! I did a test at home wed 28, and then confirmed at the docs on thursday 29th. My 'levels' were around 600, so did another blood test yesterday. Doc thinks im about 4-6 weeks. My pain is so bad ive been waking up in the middle of the night crying - doc thinks its my uterus growing and pusing onto my bowel. I also have varicose veins behind my uterus, so im worried that thats causing the pain too. Doc will ring me tomorrow to tell me about levels, and see when I need the first scan - she knows I wont do an internal tho, hurts me too much!

Congratuations on your pregnancy!

Thanks Pepa.

Fortunately my pains dont wake me up during the night they have slowed down a bit atm but they let me know they are still there lol. so how did you find what your levels were and what "levels" are they? sorry new to this whole pregnancy thing so not sure what to think. having the varicose veins behind the uterus thats the first time I have heard of that. that for sure wouldnt be helping with the pain

Rinnie, can't say I remember getting crippling pains, but having said that it wasn't my first pregnancy either and I can't remember back to the first...lol...he's almost 15 - so I think that I was probably a little different cos already been stretched...lol. I hope that it eases off for you

Thanks,

It has eased a bit since monday so I am finding it easier now ecept for waking up at 4 am and cant get back to sleep. It sucks so bad. and i am starting to feel more sick in the tummy this week. As this week I would roughly be 5 weeks tomorrow YAY!!

Good to hear your pains have eased - mine have too now that I have more fibre in my diet!

Im waking up a million times during the night, not so much to pee, more that im getting overheated and am wide away when i wake up. Are you like that too?

The levels, not really sure, thats doctor talk. All i know is the 2nd blood test showed that they had doubled, so apparently thats good? Means baby is growing, im pretty sure. I was about 5 weeks last Thurs & Sat, so im guessing im 6 weeks now.

Hey Pepa,

Yeah I have been waking up sweating a bit lately too. Yeah I am wide awake but only seems to be around 4 am though not any other time and it doesnt matter what time I go to bed or how tired I am always up at 4 and cant sleep again. I am going to try having a cup of chamamile tea when I do wake up again and see if that settles the little monster lol

Sounds like your definately coming up to 6 weeks wahoo! I am not far behind you. Hopefully I can get a scan tomorrow and that will give us a better estimate on how far along I am.

Default Hey Rinnie!

Hey Rinnie!

A big congrats to you guys on your pregnancy! It's our first too (but fiance already has two from previous marriage)!

We're at about the same, as I've just gone 5 weeks as well. This is only my second post on this great forum and I posted a little intro here from me sharing my story as to where thing are at with us.

It's all very exciting isn't it?

I've been quite fortunate because I haven't really had cramping and no morning sickness (as yet!!). I have had lethargy, sweats and sensitive boobs! Other than that, just light nausea but yeah - it's all good hey!

I look forward to getting to know you and everybody else here who's walking this exciting road too!

Talk to you later!

Lots of Love,

Ange
    Last edited by Ange1979; June 4th, 2008 at 07:58 PM.

Hi Ange and welcome.

thank you and congrats to you too well I will be finding out exactly how far I am along on Friday at 4:30 I cant wait.

Also I got doc to send a referal to Caboolture hospital does anyone know what they are like. I have the choice of them or Nambour Hospital ( preferably not Nambour lol )

Well we all look forward to getting to know you too and go through the experience together YAY!!! I already have an expecting mum around the same time as me lol

Talk soon
    Rinnie

Quote Originally Posted by Rinnie View Post
    Thanks,

It has eased a bit since monday so I am finding it easier now ecept for waking up at 4 am and cant get back to sleep. It sucks so bad. and i am starting to feel more sick in the tummy this week. As this week I would roughly be 5 weeks tomorrow YAY!!
    Hi Rinnie,
    We're just about 6 weeks preg with our first, I'm so excited but so unsure. I haven't felt unwell at all but since about a week before we found out I've been waking at about 3am and not getting back to sleep! I'm a thinker and over analyser anyway but this is freaky!

Congrats on the preg too!

Hi Emmalou,

Yes it is a pain I know lol. Well last night was the first time I slept right through YAY!! And what I did was changed the sheets and they were smelling so nice and clean and felt so confi that knocked me out! Also if that doesnt work try a cup of chamamile tea when you wake up it sooths and helps relax your body and mind. I just make it with 2 teaspoons of sugar hotwater a little of cold water and NO milk leave the tea bag in there and its done!! You can also try having the tea before bed.

Yes it is weird that we are waking up at roughly the same time lol but it just means we all get to share somehting else in common lol

Talk to you all soon

Hi Rinnie,
    How funny is that! I slept right through last night too. How nice. Felt a bit queazy all day today but that's a bit exciting since i really haven't had and concrete symptoms! So can't complain! Hope your well

Hi Emmalou,

Wow thats great to hear that you slept right through I did again last night it must just be a week thing I dunno. Yes I am doing ok now I am very excited as we are going for our first scan today to determine how far along we are but its not till 4:30 and I wish it would hurry up lol bring on the litre of water damn it!!!

Hey girls! I just got back from the scan and we are 5 weeks and 2 days the doc wants me to go back in 2-3 weeks so we can actually see the baby this time as all it is is the sack right now.

Smile

Hi

I am relatively new to BB and love reading other mums 2 be stories!! Its such a hard time because most of us are trying to keep our secret from alot of people but you can get on here and share whats happening.

I am about 9 wks with bub 1, soooo excited for my first ob. appt 24th June which will be when I have a scan and find out just how far I actually am

Not too many unpleasant symptoms, really really sore boobs, little bit of nausea but thats bout it. Just really tired and starving hungry!

I look forward to chatting with you all on here.

hey just want to say congrats and look forward to getting to know you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast