Thread: How did you cope with your Morning Sickness? Tips and Tricks!

Default How did you cope with your Morning Sickness? Tips and Tricks!

Hi ladies!

I'm putting this to all of you out there - How did you cope with your M/S??

What foods worked for you to keep help it at bay? What Liquids worked for you? Any other tips or tricks that you have?

I'm currently playing the fun game of trying to work out what works for me and I'm open to ALL suggestions!! lol

Lots of icy poles in the freezer! I lived on them for the first 16 weeks! Calipos were my faves. When my appetite started to return, crumbed chicken was my next fave. I loved schnitzels!

I also had a banana and some dried fruit and nuts on my bedside table at night so I could have a munch when the nausea struck throughout the night. That did help quite a bit. Fizzy drinks helped me too. Sadly, I did actually find a lot of my 'hangover cures' helped. Not that great for the diet but eating something was better than nothing at all in my case

Some people say you shouldn't drink juices from juice bars but I did and was addicted to Banana Buzz from Boost Juice. It helped SO much! Actually, anything banana flavoured was really good.

Oh, and Cheds crackers too! You know the old cheese flavoured crackers? Worked a treat!

I found the Blackmores Tablets helped. They're B6 and Ginger.
    They take a few days to kick in, kind of the longer you take it, the more effective it is?

And keeping something in your belly, small frequent meals instead of large spaced ones. If you can.

I found eating just before bed helped a lot. So I wasn't so hungry in the morning. And having some bikkies beside the bed to eat before I got up.

Also...twisties!! Yum. LOL.

I have had nausea on most days but not vomiting. I found fizzy drinks (although I have to keep rotating what I have as I begin to associate it with feeling nausea) and small snacks have helped. Nothing takes it away completely, just momentary breaks.

Kamarine - I'm assuming they are safe to take if ur under 12 weeks - would I need to check this with my GP first or anything?

I have heard Ginger is good - Ive tried Ginger biscuits but no luck as yet.

Taurean - lol Love the idea of the Banana's and Icy poles! I might have to give them a try! Like I said Im willing to try anything!

At the moment its hitting me as soon as I open my eyes in the morning. Id much rather get up and vomit but no...its just leaving me with bascially the hangover feeling...(except I dont drink hardly ever so have no hangover cures of my own)...the constent Im going to be sick if I move feeling. I tried eating as soon as i woke up...but it just seemed like it was too late.

I'm thinking of maybe setting my alarm and eating in the middle of the night to try and help??

food wise carbs seemed to settle my tummy...

breaky was usually a eglish muffin and vegemite
    hot chips
    potato chips

drink wise i couldnt take fizzy drinks but i lived on powerade and water...
    oh and red cordial!

Quote Originally Posted by KristyG View Post
    Kamarine - I'm assuming they are safe to take if ur under 12 weeks - would I need to check this with my GP first or anything?

I have heard Ginger is good - Ive tried Ginger biscuits but no luck as yet.
    The ginger didn't work with me, but the tablets did lol. I tried gingernuts even!

My GP recommended the tablets for me at about 5 weeks. I took them up til about 14weeks. I had to drive from Alice to Darwin at about seven weeks so I was really glad they were effective!

If you're concerned you can ask your GP or a pharmacist, but my GP was pretty good and never said there was any issues with them.

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet View Post
    food wise carbs seemed to settle my tummy...

breaky was usually a eglish muffin and vegemite
    hot chips
    potato chips

drink wise i couldnt take fizzy drinks but i lived on powerade and water...
    oh and red cordial!

Yes! Powerade! I bought the powdered stuff and drank it on the bad days. Just to help with rehydration.

vegemite toast as soon as I got up
    apple juice
    just lots of little snacks through the day, as soon as my tummy got hungry i would/still feel nauseous

Vegemite & melted margarine smeared over hot toasted turkish bread..... Mmmmmm!!!! That really helped. Crackers, lemonade, ginger ale and just snacking alot helped me. And when I really couldn't stomach much, I would get a fresh vege juice from Boost as I knew I would be getting my vitamins etc that way.

I didn't get a lot of Ms but with Dd I did.. Ginger nut biscuits and a cup of tea worked great for me..

deleted

Default How did you cope with your Morning Sickness? Tips and Tricks!

Great Ladies!!!

Keep all the suggestions coming!! I'm determined to find something that helps me deal with his nausea if its only helping a little bit!

I'm going to try and each and every one of these until something clicks with me!