Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this how my life will be?

Default Is this how my life will be?

I know I'm being a bit dramatic but honestly, this first trimester stuff if really taking its toll! I guess I'm just looking for people who have been int he same situation as me to give me some sympathy - of course I'm getting heaps of that from DH!

Not that I've been physically sick but I have felt queasy on and off for 3 weeks now. I'm tired or lack energy. I don't do ANYTHINg but watch TV! Am I doomed to be a TV junkie forever? My house is never clean enough, my clothes don't look right and the only thing I like to eat is chips! Of course I'm excited about being a mum and I know I sound a bit down but in between worrying about spotting and ultra sounds as well as having NO energy it's all a bit crazy!

Hope there's some wonderful advice for me out there! I feel like signing off - THE BLOB! LOL

You poor thing :hugs: I felt like that too in the first tri. Worse this time round tho. There is light at the end of the tunnel Things we go thru hey, but its all worth it in the end. Best of luck xxx

I hear you too! I've been there for two pregs now but it does pass. In my 1st preg i was soooooo sick for 5 months i didn't even get out of bed til 1pm each day. Mid 2nd trimester and the way you feel now will be a thing of the past. Enjoy the blobbing around and t.v watching now before bub comes along and you're absorbed with him/her.

There is light at the end of the tunnel. I'm 13 weeks and feel soooooo much better, I even had the energy to go for a walk after work tonight. The first time since finding out I was pg. I completely understand the whole watching TV eating chips (had to be chicken) but it does get better. I can't believe how good I feel, when a few weeks ago I couldn't believe how bad I felt.

Hey Jordie

Hearing you too girl!

I've just graduated from the first trimester...and it's certainly better!

I, like you, just felt queasy all the time...hangover + jet lag combo, it felt like...

I was also incredibly tired...and ate LOTS of chips!!!

This started to improve after about 9-10 weeks...and now I only have occasional nausea and the tiredness is much better...I only really notice it when I haven't had enough sleep or I'm needing to eat...

I think the best thing I did was just take things really easy...I did spend nights/days/weekends on the couch, eating what I could stomach and having regular nanna naps...I didn't push myself that hard and just accepted that the baby was zapping my energy because it needed it to grow...that seemed to help...

I'm still trying to deal with my changing shape...I'm someone who has also had issues with weight and it feels strange to be putting weight on (and not being able to control it...though the chips didn't help me!!!)

I've been a little surprised with my reaction to pregnancy...we were TTC for 3 years before our first BFP...and I thought I would be totally esctatic....I'm excited, but like you, worry about how it's all going...

Apparently, second trimester is a return of energy, a little less worrying and happy hormones galore...

Hang in there!!!

I felt like that at first too. After about 13-14 weeks I was actually able to do stuff other than sleep and spew!

I'm definitely with you on the couch and telly thing. Haven't gone for the chips tho, does that mean there's something wrong with me?? (But ooooooh I remember the salt and vinegar chip cravings I had last time round - with ginger beer, yuuuuuum)!

It gets better, I promise!

clare076 Guest

Yeah it gets better, but your house will never be tidy, you will still be absolutely exhausted and the TV will still be on, only you will be watching ABCTV, the wiggles, Hi5 and playhouse disney, singing all these songs you never knew existed and making things out of old toilet rolls!

Welcome aboard, You'll love it!

Peita - this is exactly how i've been feeling lately!! and i'm a week behind you, so at least you'll reach that light at the end of the tunnel faster than me, if that makes you feel better )

i get home from work in the evenings, get straight into my PJs and go sit on the couch with some food. i only leave the couch to get more food and to make my regular toilet trips!! i sometimes fall asleep whilst watching tv as well - because watching tv and eating at the same time is SUCH tiring work!!

i used to come home in the evenings and do heaps of stuff, and now i just feel like i'm wasting my life away on the couch, but i can't bring myself to do anything about it!! my house is absolutely ferral (my DH is upset about it, but i just blame it on his child!), and i never have any clothes to wear because they're either not washed, or look terrible with my bloated junk-food-filled tummy!!

i feel guilty for not being more excited, but it's difficult when there's a parasite inside me sapping all of my energy!! i'm sure it will pass soon enough, and we'll all be flying high on the happy hormones, and might even consider going for a walk in the evenings and eating something healthy for dinner!!

hang in there - you're not alone!!

Hi Jordie
    I'm with you sweets. Tired non stop and just wanting to bludge on couch in fron of tv and eat [email protected] Even told DH that I was gonna to pull the car over on the way home from work for a snooze. (I have a 45min drive to and from work, on a good day) It's just so draining. I love the thought that I am pregnant but can't wait for this trimester to be finished with. Bubs has surely got enough of my energy and goodies to keep him/her going for a while now.
    Just keep with it and take it easy. You have the best excuse in the world for doing nothing and sleeping all day. You are growing a living being inside of you 24 hours each day and that takes a bit of work. Forget about the house for now and enjoy the sleeping and relaxing. I'm thinking of bribing my mum to come around to do a clean of my house. It's feral and I'm disgusted just looking at it but hey as long as I don't have too many high profile visitors (unlikely) then I'll survive.
    Good luck darl and remember that we are only a keyboard away if you ever need support and sympathy.

hey!
    this is my first and i am only 6weeks and feel exactly the same! thanks for posting i can now show my DH, hopefully he will believe me when i tell him all i want to do is lie on the couch! i do get up and do stuff but it is such an effort!and i cant seem to eat much cause i am always feeling yuck(no spewing yet!)!
    so glad i am not the only one feeling like a useless blob!
    good luck hope it gets better soon!

It does get better. I never really had the 1st trim tiredness, but, i dont have a stressfull job either, and only live 5min from work, but i did have a few days when i had a 1/2hr nap after work, but that was about it. Beginning on 2nd trim, it hit me for about 2weeks, but passed. When i was really tired, dh was good, and helped out alot, but, i would say "well, you would be tired if you had to make toenails all day" Thanks to the book 'Up the Duff' for my weekly excuses of what i was making all day
    Salt and Vinegar chips was my favorite. Would quite happily eat a packet of those and a large bottle of water for lunch.

cassie82 Guest

Unfortunately, i'm feeling a little abnormal compared to the rest of you lol.. I'm 8 weeks this week, have not been sick and have had no cravings.. I still get tired, but try to motivate myself every night to go for a walk.. I give in to the occasional junk food binges, but otherwise eat healthy.. Does this make me unusal, or extremely lucky.?

Extremely lucky!!

I guess i'm lucky too because although i feel crap all the time i haven't actually vomitted yet... i hope it stays that way!!

yep it's normal & once you hit about 12+wks you should start to get your MOJO back....
    I work fulltime have 2 kids to get ready & hated life for about 6wks, but now I feel a zillion times better!!!!

Enjoy the relaxing now!!!

I hope that it eases up for you soon Jordie.

Jordie - I am just like that in first tri. In fact today has been my 'magic' day. I feel alive again. I have just spent 2 hours cleaning, & went to the gym before that. I am FULL of energy. But the last 2 months were horrid.

So my only advice is: go with it. Your body is working super hard ATM, so rest up. And no you are not doomed to be like this forever! LOL

Oh it does get better!! I found I was great until the 6wks hit and then from 6 wks until 14 wks I was queasy, throwing up, falling alseep at 8pm every night, not doing any of the cleaning!! But now at 16wks it is soooo much better! I still love my sleep but I am not going to bed as early as I used to and I am still slack on the cleaning but there are better things to do then cleaning! AND I am back at the gym!

Things will get better

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast