Thread: Lack of energy - Advice sort for "pick me ups"?

Default Lack of energy - Advice sort for "pick me ups"?

For some reason this pregnancy has really hit me hard. I have no energy whatsover. I havent been doing anything to overly exert myself, in fact quite the opposite. Most of this long weekend as DH has been home, I have spent lying in bed but once he goes back to work tomorrow thats not going to happen.

I cannot recall feeling this way in my other pregnancies, even the joints in my arms hurt.

So does anyone have any "remedies" or ideas for some quick pick me ups to give me some boosts of energy?

Roll on second trimester I say!

Hi Gabysmum,

Poor darling, I know how you feel. I was absolutely pooped during the first trimester. Unfortunately they say you shouldn't have too much caffeine, have you tried having a berocca in the morning? Sometimes I found that a boost of vitamins helped me out. Apart from that, I pretty much just struggled along with it all!!
    I hope it gets better for you soon!

Hi - I know how you feel - I think you just have to listen to your body and rest, especially during the first trimester - things will taper off and your energy will return bit by bit. My best cure for morning sickness if Minties - they do wonders for me, and give me a bit more energy too!! Worth a try........

Lee

Ooh I like the sound of the minties (even if they dont pick me up just the thought of them will!) and I hadnt thought of Berocca either - I havent had that in years, I used to use it as a hangover cure so that just might work. Thanks heaps guys .

Keep the suggestions coming if there are any more, every little bit helps atm!

I dont have caffeine because I am breastfeeding but when I am really tired I have peppermint tea. My husband (qualified in TCM) says peppermint acts as a pick me up like caffeine but without the negative effects. If you dont like tea try and peppermint lollies (but probably not mint slices - LOL!)

It is hard when you have to run around after other kids, but I found a nanna nap each afternoon while ds had his sleep was the only thing that helped me. I'd put him to bed at noon and be asleep myself by quarter past! It did improve for me around 14 weeks, but I still have a nap every now and then...

Definately get some In-Liven (there should be a banner ad at the top of the page sometimes for it) - 100% organic and perfectly safe to have in pg. It really will make you feel fantastic.

kirsty_lee Guest

haha gaby's mum.. i thought roll on second trimester too, but im in my third with only just over 10 weeks to go and im still exhausted LOL

Try little naps? It's really hard to make yourself get up sometimes, but try napping for just 20-30 minutes at a time. Once you do get up, you'll be refreshed. That's what I had to do 1st tri. Several small naps a day. Hope that helps you.

After lying down for an hour whilst DS was asleep and having a Berrocca I feel MUCH better today - even good enought to muster up the energy to make some yummy apple muffins with DD.

Thanks ladies for all your advice.

Yay!! That's brilliant!!
    Not too long to go until you be full of beans again though

Can I come around for some apple muffins by the way??