thread: Line now fainter

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Registered User

    Dec 2005
    In Bankworld with Barbara
    14,222

    I know you probably used FMU to do the test, but when was the last time before that, that you went to the loo? If you went in the early hours of the morning, then technically that would have been your FMU, and not what you used to test with, so the result would look feinter, kwim? Or it could be possible that the test was faulty, even though it was the same as the others you've used. There could be tons of different reasons why the test this morning wasn't as dark as the others.

  2. #2
    Registered User

    Jul 2006
    Melbourne
    3,715

    Bun, I agree with all the others, HPTs are not an exact science. The only way to be sure is to track your HCG levels via BTs. Like Kel, I didn't have this done, cos I knew I would stress about it too much. I was guilty of doing a HPT per week until I had my first scan at 8 weeks. Sometimes the lines were darker than others, as long as there was one there, I didn't stress.

    I would definitely advise that you go to see your OB/GP ASAP to have your first BT, and then have have a follow up one two days later. Also discuss when they think you can have your first scan. It is a tough time until you see that galloping heartbeat, but I'm sure you will get there. Think positive thoughts sweets!

    Let us know how you go. If you're going to a GP, maybe you can get in today?