Thread: Line now fainter

Default Line now fainter

I am hoping someone can help me. I am going out of my mind with worry.

I am 4w 6d today, and did three positive tests over the last week, the last one on Wed and it was a very dark line. Anyway, I just did one this morning and the line (on the same type of test from the same packet) is really faint.

I am terrified I am losing this one.

Is it possible that all is ok? I am thinking this must mean falling HCG.

Please help!!

I'm not sure Bun...sorry I can't help!

Can you get your bloods tracked over a few weeks to get HCG levels?

I was able to do this...though I was under a FS at the time...so I think they tend to do more tests...

Wishing you all the best chickie!

Hi Bun,

I've been wondering how you were going. I'm sorry, I don't know too much about how pg tests work and HCG level (I decided not to have my levels checked as it was just another test for me to stress and worry about), however I do believe that its all dependent of the time of day that you do the tests and your hcg levels in urine are stronger at certain times of the day.

As mentioned by Monnie, the best and only way to check your HCG levels is via blood test, not home pg test - they are just there to pick up the hormone in your urine, not to measure the strength of it.

As I said, I'm no expert but I really don't think it means too much - it could just be the concentration of urine on the last test you did was less than the other test or something quite simple!!

My advice would be to STOP testing - you know your pg and it's just another thing to make you worry!! I think I would make an appointment for next week, have your blood test done and have a good chat to your GP about everything. Then book in for an early scan at 6-7wks. Remember you have NO control over this and as hard as it is, you do need to try and think positive thoughs and just get through every day!

Take care and please let me know how you go!

Kelly xxx

I know you probably used FMU to do the test, but when was the last time before that, that you went to the loo? If you went in the early hours of the morning, then technically that would have been your FMU, and not what you used to test with, so the result would look feinter, kwim? Or it could be possible that the test was faulty, even though it was the same as the others you've used. There could be tons of different reasons why the test this morning wasn't as dark as the others.

Bun, I agree with all the others, HPTs are not an exact science. The only way to be sure is to track your HCG levels via BTs. Like Kel, I didn't have this done, cos I knew I would stress about it too much. I was guilty of doing a HPT per week until I had my first scan at 8 weeks. Sometimes the lines were darker than others, as long as there was one there, I didn't stress.

I would definitely advise that you go to see your OB/GP ASAP to have your first BT, and then have have a follow up one two days later. Also discuss when they think you can have your first scan. It is a tough time until you see that galloping heartbeat, but I'm sure you will get there. Think positive thoughts sweets!

Let us know how you go. If you're going to a GP, maybe you can get in today?

Hi Bun ((Hugs)) to you, I'm hearing you are terrified, and I hope you get the confirmation soon that everything is OK.

A quantitative HcG blood test is the quickest way to determine whether your HcG levels are where they are supposed to be right now. Like the other ladies said there are many reasons why your urine might be more or less concentrated on any given day.

In the meantime, perhaps you could do something nice and nurturing for yourself (bubblebath, foot massage, girly get together, watch a funny movie) cos it sounds as if you need a boost!

Thank you so much guys, I don't know what I would do without you.

I didn't really use FMU, as I woke up at 5am and went then, and then tested later when I got up at 9.30, but the last test I did before that (that was really dark) I did in the afternoon, so I would have def expected this one to be darker, esp as it is now 4 days later and HCG should be much higher.

I had my BT done on Fri and will ph my dr tomorrow and see if he can give me the results over the phone. I just hope all is ok, I am so worried.

And Kelly, I think I will stop testing now, although I was tempted to just drive to the pharmacy and buy another one! I thought maybe it would be darker again and ease my mind, but I will try to stay calm and just wait and see what happens.

DH is really worried too, I think he doesn't handle things as well as he pretends to sometimes, as he feels he has to be the strong one. We were at a wedding last night and he actually opened up to me a bit about how concerned he is too.

I still have all the symptoms- I feel sick, have a funny taste in my mouth and my bbs still hurt, but then I had them all last time and found out my baby had died a week before I had my scan, so I know I can't trust my body not to trick me.

I already have the form for an early scan, but haven't booked it yet as I feel that I am somehow jinxing myself if I make any plans, so I will just see what happens.

Marydean - that's a good idea. DH is out sailing, so I might watch a fave DVD and chill out a bit and try to forget about the mountain of housework I had planned to get done.

Thanks again guys - you are lifesavers.

Bun xx

Bun
    HPG's do not measure how much HCG is in your body they only check that there is some there. A faint line means that you are pregnant. A dark line also means that you are pregnant.

No more HPG's. wait for the BT

sajemsha Guest

Smile How's things going?

Hi Bun, I've been reading through your thread and was wondering how things are going now, did you have a scan or blood test or anything like that?
    I hope all's well with you

Hi Rose,

Thanks for your thoughts. Unfortunately I went and got another BT done and found that my levels were dropping, and I miscarried naturally Thurs last week. I am going to get some tests done now to try and find out why my babies keep leaving us so early.

Bun

sorry bun i hear of your loss, big hugs to you and DH

Default so sad

:frown: Sorry to hear of your loss.

Oh Bun - I am so so very sorry hun xxxx

Bun
    I so very sorry to hear. Sorry i couldnt offer you any advice re: help in Perth, but am thinking of you, and hope everything ends up working out for.
    Many hugs

sajemsha Guest

Unhappy

awww Bun, that's so sad, I feel so sad for you :frown: {{hugs}} I hope you get things sorted out and you have a baby on the way soon. Take care of yourself.

Bun I am so sorry. Wishing you a very soon