Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maternity Clothes

Default Maternity Clothes

I am sure that this has been asked before but I couldn't find a discussion on it.

I was just wondering where some of you bought your maternity clothes from ie. maternity stores or retail stores like Big W, K-mart etc, or did you just buy bigger non-maternity clothes?

Thanks for the input

Supre!! Love it there, so cheap and it's not "maternity" but has HEAPS of long tops, elastic skirts etc. I got three great tops and a belt for under $50. Im going back to get some of the summer flowy skirts. Great thing is we can wear it all after!!
    xo

Melody Guest

Nadine, for all your 'get around the house' stuff I suggest K-Mart, Big W etc but there is a shop in Killarney Heights called "Just Maternity" (39 Tramore Place 02 9452 3066) that I cant reccomend highly enough.

The ladies are fantastic, the range is very stylish & affordable.

Well worth the trip from wherever you are in Sydney.

ohhh Melody, can you believe I live within 3 minutes walking distance to the maternity shop in Killarney Heghts and still have not been in!!!!!

I got my maternity stuff from Target, Myer and Pumpkin Patch. (though I read somehwere that Myer aren't stocking them anymore?)

I was in Pumpkin Patch the other day, and they have the most GORGEOUS range of maternity stuff atm... I was saying to my sister that I wish I could be pg again just so I could wear some of their stuff, LOL.

Lee-Ann Guest

Well I bought two maternity tops from Target, we don't have any maternity stores down here, so Big W and Target are where I have a look, although I've been checking out some on e-bay. I'm wearing size 14 Levi's & size 12 stretch jeans, that I think will fit me until I'm just about due and I'm still wearing my size 10 track pants (I have 3 pairs) to wear around the house, I just wear them under my tummy.

Melody Guest

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessT
    ohhh Melody, can you believe I live within 3 minutes walking distance to the maternity shop in Killarney Heghts and still have not been in!!!!!
    Go in! They are fantastic! I also forgot how wonderful (& well priced) Pumpkin Patch is.

Melody Guest

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessT
    Go in! They are fantastic! I also forgot how wonderful (& well priced) Pumpkin Patch is.

i have bought jeans, trackies and black pants from target, and tops from target, k mart and big w. although i am in a small town and they are my only options!

but the way i look at it is that you wont really be in them for more than 6 months max, so i would rather have the basics and save money for when i am in my old size again! fingers crossed....

Linda

I got my ripe maternity pants from One fish two fish in balmain. That is a great store. I got most of my tops from supre. For trackies and stay at home comfie stuff i went to Target, but the best trackies are bonds ones (they arent maternity) but i just got them in bigger sizes, i lived in them once i finished work and was at home heavily preg.

Hi,

I have bought the majority of my maternity clothes from Pumpkin Patch.
    I find that the clothes from PP wash and wear extremely well.
    I have also bought a few things from BigW and Target.

Take care Leah

I bought most of mine from Kmart, Target and Big W, plus I usually just bought clothes a bit bigger than normal, like t shirts etc...

I have brought a few things from Pumpin Patch & JK Kids websites... they have lots of cheap sale stuff & it is good quality!!!

WOW, great response. THANKYOU for the input girls.

I think for now I will just buy ordinary tops that are longer, my tops already don't fit around the tummy or the boob area for that matter (which DH is very excited about)

In the next month I'll have to shop around and see what fits best an it is great to know where everyone else shops/shopped. Thanks again

Fletch- I will definately take a trip out to Penrith plaza. Maybe Trish can come out with me one day and we could meet you there.

Does anyone know where you can buy maternity swimwear?

Wishful- I was actually wondering that myself. I guess maternity stores would have them, but maybe someone knows exactly where.

I got a couple of gorgeous tops from Pumpkin Patch, but I had major wins from Target and Big W. I refused to pay $70+ for maternity jeans but was frustrated because I really wanted a pair. Well I went to Big W to get something specific, can't remember what now, and took a detour through the maternity section and found a pair for $25. I also got two tops which I lived in and they washed well.

I got most of my favorite stuff from Pumpkin Patch and wear around the house stuff from Target.
    Try looking on ebay too if you want a bargain.
    Its good to have some normal cloths in bigger sizes because you will use them after you have given birth too, while you are getting back to pre-baby size.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast