Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need help with all day sickness

Question Need help with all day sickness

I desparately need some advice regarding how to get rid of the nausea. Dr put me on Maxalon took one last night and it made me worse. Have also been taking Travel Calm (ginger tablets) but need to take abt 2 tablets every 2 hours otherwise it doesn't help. The thing is the nausea is constant around the clock and even wakes me up for 3-4 hours a night. I can't function - any ideas would be great. TIA!!

What about seabands? God its good to you posting in here - even if its over bad nausea, lol!

Thanks Nat but excuse the dumbness but what are seabands and where do you get them??

they are travel sickness bands and you can buy them from the chemist..they apply pressure to the pressure point on this inside of your wrist and they really help!!

Also, try some ginger tablets from the chemist...drink heaps of water..and even try fruit tingles!

Taking Vit B6 can help with morning sickness nausea. Also acupuncture can help.
    Eating small amounts frequently is also good as (so I have read) when your blood sugar is low you are more likely to suffer from morning sickness (hence why it is often more pronounced in the morning).

mooshie Guest

ursula, sorry to hear you aren't feeling that well, i too suffer from all day sickness when preg and although i do everything in my power not to vomit (i have a vomit phobia lol) i sometimes think that i should just to get it over with, anyway some of the things i used to have where:

ginger tea - first thing in the morning
    i nibbled on ginger biscuits and ginger bears (like jelly babies), also i nibbled on dry biscuits and occassionally peppermints.

if all else failed i would go outside and do some deep breathing - like yoga type breathing and tried to relax.

i also found i felt the worst when i was hungry but it was a catch 22 cause i jsut couldn't stomach anything, however i found that if i snacked on something it did make me feel better, the foods i found made me feel better (even tho the thought of eating them made me want to puke) where sausage rolls and mcdonalds cheeseburgers.

hope it all subsides rather quickly for you, mine stopped at around 14 wks thankfully

I took a herbal morning sickness tablet and ate ginger biscuits. A friend said ginger tea helped her.

Thank you everyone. I have made a trip to the shops and have come back armed with Blackmore's Morning Sickness pills (have vit B6 & ginger in them), Twinnings Lemon & Ginger Herbal tea, Arnott's ginger biscuits and some spearmint chewing gum - I hate peppermint flavoured stuff. I couldn't find any fruit tingles. So far it has lessened a bit enough to let me do the ironing. But the other thing I need is a peg for my nose cos I can smell everything!!!

I found tic tacs and lime or lemon cordial (sip it only), was what made me feel better... I would eat like 3 packets of tic tacs a day

My SIL gets really severe MS (can't remember the tech term for it), but vimits at least 4 times a day for 9 months, and ends up hospitalised on drips at least 5 times a pregnancy...

So if yours is really bad, don't put up with it, (not that there is much they can do i think, although there are supposed to be some really expensive tablets which help), - go and see somebody.

Hope you feel better soon.

heidi Guest

I have totaly symathy for you :ms:

I have had bad m/s for the last 7 weeks. Only just starting to ease - i'm taking Pramin. They seemed to give me bad headaches at first, but now don't seem as bad.

I found nothing really helped nausea - but a few things helped to keep food down:
    • small meals regularly
    • going with your cravings (provided your cravings are for things which wont hurt you or bubs). I found once I got a little of something down, it was easier to get other food down. I do think it had a lot to do with the low blood sugar theory.
    • Sucking on frozen cubes of sustagen (and frosty fruits)
    • Not getting out of bed till I felt better (work and family life permitting...)
    • Keep your fluids up (so, so important to avoid a stint in hospital). It's not easy to do, but it's so vital.

Good luck - hope your m/s eases soon.

lindie Guest

Not too sure if this is of any help, Im now 12-13 weeks and its worse at around 4pm till I go to bed and if I wake up during the night (and I do I have an 11month old) I vomit for the world.

But spearmint leaves help just munching on one or two when I need to and heaps of water helped a bit at the start.

I REALLY hope it dies off soon, its awful.

Lindie

If you can stand it chew on a fresh ginger root (not the skin) I always used to take ginger on long car trips if I was in the backseat of the car and it helped immensley.

LizzysMum Guest

I have also been battling with the all day MS.

So far I have tried:

Ginger tea made from just the fresh root and water
    Fruity Tingles
    Eating a bikkie and a sip of cold ginger tea before I get out of bed
    NEVER let yourself get really hungry becasue it is 100 times worse!

All of the above have helped somewhat so I not a complete zombie.

And today I bought Seabands and I am totally shocked but I think they are doing something. Around $18 from the Chemist, I was so desperate I would try just about anything!

Good Luck! Let us pray the MS ends at 12 weeks!!!!!

Try Nux Vomica from the health stroe it is homepathic and helped me for constipation and nausea.... you take 10 drops under your tounge 3 times a day until you feel better then stop taking it ... once the reaction sets in your body.. google it ... and have a read...

SoonToBeMum Guest

Hi,

You poor thing! I know exactly how you feel as I had 'all-day-sickness' including nausea and vomiting (I would vomit 3-5 times per day).

Unfortunately nothing worked absolutely for me. I tried everything - including Maxalon, which also made me worse. But one thing that seemed to help a little was ensuring that I got enough rest. I found that when I was really fatigued (as I worked full time during this period) that my nausea was much worse than on the weekend when I was able to lie in bed all day.

I hope you are feeling better. I can tell you that once the m/s disappears you will feel like yourself again. It is really hard to get through(as I had it constantly until 20 weeks), but you will totally love being PG after this.

Just wanted to thank everyone for their advice. I'm surviving on the Blackmore's M/S pills and as long as I eat bland food regularly and remember to drink water it is manageable. Although I've become very sensitive to all sorts of smells.

I had the sensitivty to smells too, its really annoying isn't it? In my 1st pg Ihad a child in my class who would wet his pants all the time and his mum would just dry them, not wash them , and send him in them the next day- Igot to the stage Ihad to mark his work well away from him cause Iwould gag!

I get the smell thing too! My timetable is all over the place, there is a home ec (sewing) room) that has an awful smell, and a science lab that also makes me woozy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast