Thread: need some reassurance

Default need some reassurance

Hi, I am totally new to this and feeling really aprehensive.
    I Have a 16mth old daughter through the wonders of IVF
    and we have been trying for bub n2 and have found out after 6 attempts that we are 6 weeks pregnant had a scan on Monday all was well and in the right place but couldn't see foetal h/b am due to go back to ob on following Monday for 2nd scan.
    Totally freaked out today when I noticed light bleeding whilest at work and came home in tears.
    After talking to my IVF doc he reassured me that their was nothing to be done until my next scan, just the wait and see game i guess.
    Problem is I guess that deep down I know I don't feel anything like I did when I was pregnant with our princess so i keep jumping to the worst case .
    On an emotional rollercoaster at the moment with hubby having started a new job that involves shift work, working full time my self, active toddler and hubby away feeling a little alone and just needed to bounce some thoughts off some one before I explode!!!!

((hugs)) I hope you get good news on Monday.
    I am no expert, but I think I have heard that it is normal not to be able to see the heartbeat on scans before about 7 or 8 weeks - just because it's difficult to detect? Maybe someone else might know more about this.
    And of course, we've all heard stories of bleeding in early pregnancy that have happy endings.
    This must be really tough for you right now - I'm not trying to downplay your concerns - just trying to give you some hope that things could still be ok.
    Good luck!

Oh hunny im sorry you having a hard time. I really hope all works out for you.

Smile thanks for support

thanks guys, talking really seems to help, have had a rough day giving Princess Paige heaps of cuddles also seems to bring things back into perspective
    allie xxx

We actually found out we were 6w pregnant at our first IVF appointment!!! Didn't find a fetal heartbeat either, but it certainly was there, larger than life at the 8w scan ...

Fingers and toes it goes the same way for you ... being our first preganacy I've discovered that the maternal heart attacks about bub's start very early!

Unhappy

thanks guys, have put in a fairly average day don't think things are progressing so well symptoms have been getting worse but Diva and Dan so many wishes for you for your pregnancy , Zac and I know the rollercoaster ride of the ivf cycle only to well but we have got our miracle bubba and she is amazing and as hard as it is what ever happens now we will be back in the race early in the new year.thanks for the support I really appreciate itAllie

Hi Blizz, fingers crossed here for you that everything will be fine.

Has the bleeding stopped?

bleeding has slowed over night but not stopped will see what today brings
    allie

Oh darling ... Iooks like I need to truck out my other story ... when my MIL was pregnant with my lovely hubby she didn't even know she was pregnant until she was 7 months! ... had her AF every month regular, had no baby belly, there wasn't clue as to what was going on under the surface ...

It was only when she hit the 7 month mark that she started to get a baby belly ... the doctors and herself honestly thought she had a stomach complaint because she did not display a single pregnancy symptom ... but they made her do a pregnancy test before sending her to radiology, and lo and behold she was preggers!!! ...

Was even a bigger shock when they found out how far along she was ... as she only looked like she was 3 months not 7!!!! There was certainly a scramble to get everything ready, but my hubby was born happy and healthy 2 months later ...

I seem to be going down the same road ... still awaiting my baby belly ....

thanks that's a little ray of sunshine, feeling a little happier today who can be sad on such a glorious day as today sun is shining, Paige is laughing and life really is good

Thanks to everybody for your support over the last few days, I have definatlely m/c and am booked in for a D&C in the morning. We will have a break to absorb this news over christmas and will consider where to from here in the new year, My DH is home tonight yay!!!!
    thanks guys

Blizz im so so sorry hun (HUGS)

sorry to hear your sad news, sending you a big hug.

oh Allie (hugs) So sorry to hear your news. I was so hoping it would all work out ok.

Good luck with the next IVF attempt next year. I hope it is smooth sailing.

i am so sorry to hear of your loss huge gentle hugs

sorry to hear of your loss. I hope you have a good christmas break...
    Thinking of you..

So sorry hun:hugs: