Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NT u/s Gave High Risk

Default NT u/s Gave High Risk

HI All,
    I guess I am looking for some hope atm. My NT u/s came back at 1 in 28 chance of my bub having downs. To comfirm they are going to do a chorionic Villus samplling on Wednesday. I am so scared of losing another bub, it is just breaking my heart atm. I feel so helpless and all I wanted to do was protect my baby, and it just seems to be getting harder and harder to do. The fluid at the back of bub's neck was 3.4. So doesnt look promising to me. The baby was moving around so well, I just cant comprehend what is happening.

Any encouraging news would be greatly appreciated, I really need something to hold onto right now. Hugs

Oh sweetheart, I'm so sorry to hear that... My prayers will be with you on Wednesday for your testing

Cheryl im so so sorry hun (HUGS) My thoughts and orayers will be with you Wednesday also.

Did you see that thing on the morning show on channel 9 yesterday? about the testing for DS and they had a guy on there saying how inaccurate it was? Hold tight to that thought until you know for sure hon.
    Wish you lots and lots of luck

Thanks ladies, I didnt see that about the NT. Yet it just seems like one battle after another. My head and mind as well as heart are in so many different places I just dont know where to turn. I was so hoping for better results than that, and it has been such a shock to my system. Now I just need to work out how I am going to get thru the next few days.

Csab i agree with Mel. I am hoping so bad that it is wrong and everything is perfect with your little bubba. Thinking of you

Oh no cheryl, you are so not having an easy time.. I am hoping that all goes well for you on Wednesday and we hear some good news. xx

I wish you did see the program it was quite good. There was a couple there who was given a 1 in 8 chance of child being DS and he came out completely normal. One of the scanning guys said that if you use two different types of scanning devices during the ultrasound, it can produce very different results...
    so try to hold on to that hope - and don't think about what could happen, just keep safe and well until you know what WILL happen.

There's a thread about it Here
    I know it wont stop you worrying, i'll be thinking of you on wenesday xo

Thanks Everyone. I am trying to think positve. I am nervous as anything about the CVS on Wednesday. it certainly wasnt the news I wanted to hear today. I just want the stress to end.

Cheryl, you are having way too hard of a time, it's not fair
    I am praying that your results are good and I'm sure they will be. I have been reading about the NT scan and how inaccurate it is when trying to decide if I was going to have it myself.
    be sure to let us know how it goes.

Thanks SJ,

With my age it really doesnt help matters. I will let you all know, I am just not sure on how long it will take for the results to come back. The hospital is trying to have it done as quickly as possible. Hugs

cheryl, I am so sorry that all this is happening to you hun, what a stressful time I do have to agree with the other ladies, i have heard that the NT scans aren't very accurate, I know of a few people that have had not so great results, yet their babies are born H&H. Try to keep calm and stay as positive as you can, I know that it is easier said than done, i will say a prayer for you and bub right now.

So sorry to hear that you have been given a bad result. But perhaps you can think of it more as 27 chances of your baby being just perfect too.

I am praying for you that you get a great result come the cvs. OR.... you could just not have the CVS done.

Oh Cheryl, I don't know what to say HUGE for you! You have been through so much and really don't deserve it. I will be another that will that the results will come back good. It's only fair with what you have been through that you have a healthy bubba growing inside of you.

Take care of yourself

I know exactly what it is like to be waiting for possible problems. It is heartbreaking. I was told at one scan Kane was 100 % perfect, then told he may have problems just a few weeks later

There are no words, just the knowledge that we can only wait and pray for now. I wish you and your family all our love and thoughts, and fingers crossed for the best result for your little bubba bean. Good luck csab

Hun. I was going to say the same thing as Trish... It is 27 / 28 chances that all is ok.
    Try not to stress too much till after the CVS. Which I know you wont, but I had to say it anyway...
    Thinking of you and sending all the positive vibes I can.

Hi Cheryl

Keep the hope darl - we are the same age (I think I am older!) - and I know that isnt a good starting point alone cos they use age in calcs.

There is a thread in general discussion - what was YOUR nuchal fold results (I dont know how to put the link in) - I felt better when I read that. And I have seen results from a 41yo woman whose results came back 1/38 (I think from memory) and nuchal lucency measured 3.8mm and she had an amnio and all was fine.

Just keep in your mind and heart it is screening, not diagnostic - so it just looks at markers, not actual bubs

From my reading (too much googling ) 3.4 is only just above the high end of normal.

Good luck and keep talking to bubs about staying put

Stress - I am convinced our bubs thrive on it now

Hope it all goes well.

Sam

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast