Thread: Pets - can they tell?

Default Pets - can they tell?

Hi, does anyone know if your pets can tell your pregnant? I have two labradors and my boy lab in particular has become quite clingy over the last few weeks and won't leave me alone. Has anyone else experienced this?

I don't know if it's true or not, but both times I've been pg (now and with Nina) my border collies have been very clingy and protective with me.

My dog is the same, She always comes for an extra snuggle when I am pg. It's interesting that they can sense something though isn't it? Even when we bring bubs home from hospital, she is very interested in the baby, not in a bad way at all, but she stays extra close when I have them outside.

I have heard that dogs(and cats) can get a sixth sense about it and act very clingy/protective etc.

I'm not sure but our cat seems very keen to get loads of cuddles and I always say she's trying to show us we don't need a baby If I'm holding her and start telling her that we'll soon have a baby here and she'll have to share cuddles she always gets annoyed and jumps off...

i was told by my vet that our smell changes - we let out different pheromones and they can tell we are carryign by the smell difference and them becoming clingy is them beign protective - especially dogs

My 2 kittycats are super clingy to me lately. It's like they just can't get close enough and try to snuggle in to me as much as they can. It will be interesting to see their reactions once I get a belly and can see the baby moving.

My dog sniffs my tummy all the time when I'm preg. With my 1st he started about 20 weeks and with this one he started about 8 weeks. I think he knows when bubs is moving! My cat is always clingy whether I'm preg or not so can't tell there...

my dog is very much my partners dog. she normally wants little to do with me. But over the last few weeks ive noticed her hanging around me alot more than usual. I actually had to get my boyfriend to make her stay with him, she was so clingy she was annoying me! I normally whine that she doesnt love me as much as she loves him, but now its irritating! lol

I reckon they can. When I was pregnant my border collie x started this new thing where he would always try to crawl into my lap. Of course I didn't let him, but it was interesting as he had never tried this before and did so my entire pregnancy, both of my dogs were also really clingy and became my shadows and followed me everywhere.

Spring

yes with all my pg both my dogs became like another shadow one of our dogs who is more mine than DH's wouldnt even let me go to the loo without her following me and waiting out the door until I had finished, plus our cat who never went near me normally would sit on my tummy from about 8 weeks.

yeah i have read lots of stuff about it. oh and another thing r flies stickin to u like crazy that is ment to be another thing. they r really p!ssing me off at the mo.