Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy Symptoms in the First Trimester

Hmm...my symptoms so far:

Sore boobs *L* (I'm normally a small-B cup - I SWEAR they're already bigger)
    Headaches - don't normally get these; they were really bad for two days right before I found out I was PG.
    Cramps - arggghhh...combination of dull to intense period like cramps & intense wind cramps. Sometimes it's hard to tell which is which; of course it has made me stress out.

I understand the checking the undies thing everytime you go to the loo. In fact the moment (TMI - sorry) I feel any moisture, I rush off to the toilet to double check. Seriously, I think I'm going loopy! *LOL*

Beckibee, ur not going loopy. I think it happens that way with everyone. I'm expecting number 2 and I'm still doing it....I'm almost 12wks and I still get a lil worried if I get crampy and (TMI Warning) icky downstairs. I think ppl would be lying if they said they didn't check at least sometimes.

Hi, I know Im becoming a chronic panicker, but Im getting some weird pains. They're sort of cramps as well as short pulling feelings. My backs also aching. I really hate this, it is stressing me out so much. It's not unbearable, just enough to freak me out. Anyone felt like this?

Fire Fly Guest

Meg you need to stop stressing so much. Its not good for you for one and if anything is going to happen then stressing out is only going to make it worse.
    Sit down, put your feet up and enjoy being pg. Be positive and not negative. Honestly you need to chill.

Take it easy. It wont be long before you will be feeling little flutters and think how unreal. Then youll loose your waist line. Lol.

Enjoy

Thanks, Im starting to chill a bit more!! I think just that i had a miscarriage, and this is the first time I've actually planned a pregnancy, that Im more aware of every little feeling. YOu would think the second time I'd be more relaxed. Im sure I will be further along.
    I've also been to my natropath now, and feel happier with my diet and what Im doing.
    So you will only hear positive from me now, however this is the place where we can come and vent our stresses too.
    xoxo

Ok what about the skin thing. I have suddenly broken out in teenager pimples. Not happy jan. I can't recall if this went away at 3 months last time, anyone have any idea???

Sal Guest

Hi Meg, I second the break-out of pimples! I am so depressed at how my chin has become a pimple factory, and I'm only five weeks! I have PCOS so have a tendency toward acne anyway (...nice...in my mid-thirties and still have to keep on top of the pimple situation).

Apart from zits, I have tingly nipples. This is my first pg and I always thought I would really feel pg, but I don't. Disappointing!

Sal, Give it time. With my first I didn't FEEL pg untill I was getting kicked 24/7, with this one, as soon as I got the m/s (at 4.4wks) I knew and even now, sometimes it still amazes and shocks me, but once you start feeling regular movements, you start realizing u r pregnant and you start FEELING very pregnant!!!

I agree, I am 10 weeks pregnant and don't FEEL it yet. I feel sick that's for sure, but that could be a bug as far as I know, I am waiting for the belly to poke out a little. With my last one it wasn't until well after 12 weeks that I felt pregnant. This time Im hoping it's close to 12 weeks. Imsure the u/s will make it real! And you'll get there, time fly's! It feels like I was only 5 weeks yesterday!

Just a question has anyone had a bleeding nose during pregnancy? I have just blown my nose and it's all blood. I have NEVER had a bleeding nose in my entire life. I think I am just a freak!!!!!!

nose bleeds are VERY VERY common during pregnancy. The increased blood volume can cause the small vessles of blood in the nose to burst and there you go....a nose bleed. They can occur for no reason what so ever (eg just sitting down quietly and you get one). Don't panic, just use pressure and it should stop soon after it starts. If they get too bad, I recomend seeing ur GP/OB. But rest assured, a lot of women get bleeding noses during pgcy.

HTH.

Kerrie.

Thanks Katkins, relief to know!! It stopped pretty much straight away and I haven't had another. All the things that happen during pregnancy!!! I had it so easy last time that i think anything that is different this time around is a shock. Not to mention Im 8 years older, so it can't all be exactly the same! xoox

the worst one for me was cramps!! so painful, but more than that they were scary because i honestly thought i must be going to MC, but all was fine! (but makes me wonder how intense labour must be!!!!)

Pimples all over chest and back (still got them now)

TIRED!!!

just to name a few,

Linda

kerry Guest

Tired, I went from sleeping 4-6 hours a night to sleeping for 10-12.
    Sence of smell became a super power, I could tell you what the Riley's are having for dinner 2 doors down the road.
    Everything tastes like metal.
    Everything makes me cry.

Fruitwood Guest

Hi, this is my first pregnancy and I have been worrying about a clear discharge that I have been getting this afternoon. Is this normal ? I am only about 4 weeks along.

Thanks
    Sharon

hi sharon,

sounds very normal to me. your body is going into overdrive producing all fluids, i think this is why sometime you will have this more so than ever. if you have pain or bleeding it wouldnt hurt to call you OB, but try not to worry about it,

Linda

Shelbel Guest

I'm in my first trimester and I have been having very vivid dreams. I remember having them in my other pregnancies but I was further along. Sometimes they are quite distressing they feel so real.

Shelbel

DD 7
    DD 5
    DD3

i've got the metal taste (i thought it must've been my toothpaste or something similar!!)
    Pimple breaking out all over my nose
    but one thing i've been getting... After sex i usually go and have a pee. But now whe i do it, i have a massive cramp in my stomach. and got backaches. And very very bloated!!

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast