Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy Symptoms in the First Trimester

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Default Pregnancy Symptoms in the First Trimester

This thread is for members to discuss what symptoms of pregnancy they experienced during the first trimester. Pregnancy symptoms can vary greatly, from having almost no symptoms at all to the worse end of the scale, being hospitalised for severe morning sickness.

For more information on Early Pregnancy Symptoms, read the BellyBelly article HERE or to read about Common Pregnancy Ailments and Side Effects, click HERE.

What symptoms did you experience? If you have any different than what is listed below feel free to share them.

Light Headed
    Dizzy
    Sore/Tender/Fuller Boobs
    Nausea/Morning Sickness
    No Period
    Bright yellow urine
    Increased trips to toilet to pee
    Low blood pressure
    Drinking lots
    Sensitive to smell
    Constipation
    Fatique
    Excessive Saliva
    Metallic taste in mouth
    Stuffy/Blocked nose
    Eating alot but still feeling hungry
    Period type cramping
    Sore and dry eyes
    Headaches
    Hot Flushes
    Indigestion
    Reflux
    Mood Swings
    Gassiness
    Bloating
    Cramped Legs
    Slight Spotting
    Dry Throat
    Pimples
    Emotional
    Cravings
    Hungry
    Increased CM
    Easily Aggitated
    Bleeding Gums
    Sore Throat
    Loss of appetite
    Dry Skin
    Crying at drop of a hat
    Pins and Needles
    Back Ache
    Runny Nose
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

i had pretty much everything thats mentioned so i cant add anything, the main one i had though was tender boobs and had fluro yellow urine, and of course no period

take care
    Lesley

sfischer Guest

Default Symptons in first trimester

Well, after one pregnancy with absolutely NO symptons, apart from some tiredness I got the bonus this time. Last week I was in bed for about 8 days, feeling extremely nauseous and tired. Thankfully just nauseous, not throwing up. But that was bad enough. I consulted my homeopath and she gave me Sepia and Nux Vom remedies, they worked wonders.

We need to add EXTREME VAGUENESS...

Kirsty77 Guest

hehehehehe.....your right Dee we do!!!!!!!!!

Fire Fly Guest

I didnt suffer anything with the first. But this one im light headed, no appetite, still love coffee which is the first thing i went off with DD, and im getting headaches which is annoying cause thats not something i get often.

Hopefully i wont add to the list but its early days yet

Kerrie

Custardtart Guest

Default symptoms

One of the things that is starting to bother me is that my tastes have changed drastically - foods that I normally love now just taste 'wrong', and I can't eat them. I have to have a very plain diet, anything else brings on indigestion and stomach cramps, but the main thing about it that annoys me is that so many foods just don't taste good anymore.

Kerrie

Fire Fly Guest

I have to add bleeding to the list now. Im actually a bit concerned about this. Ive got my doctors appointment tomorrow so ill soon find out if its bad news.
    Fingers crossed its not

kerrie

Hi
    Kerri I have had some bleeding too but have been assured all is ok, I have also got very bad morning sickness, I will be keeping everything crossed for you but I am sure it will all be fine.

Julie

Hi,
    Im starting to worry. My period is due in two days, but I am pregnant. However Im beginning to worry as my back is killing (just like in build up to my period) and Im getting some period pain. I don't know if this is normal. I do know the EXTREME and very embarrassing vagueness is pregnancy, plus sore boobs and tiredness, however Im worried about the other. Can anyone say they had these symptoms and have had a successful pregnancy.
    I have a 6 year old and didn't know I was pregnant until 6 weeks, so this is very different. I've done everything right but can't help worrying....

beck.o Guest

hi meg. the same thing happened to me. i had my normal period pain and had decided that i was not pg this time but then after testing, i was. i had that discomfort until recently and have been told that it is the uterus stretching. i was checking my knickers for weeks after my bfp!

beck

THanks Beck, good to know. It's also now definite, but because it's such early days, I do tend to worry. My nausea has got so much worse and Im just so tired. It's all good though, and at the moment Im able to eat what I want (just 10 times more of it), and am hoping that when I go off certain foods, they wont be my favourite. With my daughter, EVERYTHING I ate in the first 3 months, I couldn't touch afterwards! I hope that doesn't happen again!!

clare076 Guest

Default symptoms

I actually started getting symptoms from 5 DPO. My GP thought i had gastro, but after 10 days with the same symptoms (extreme nausea and stomach cramping) I knew she was wrong.

Luckily the nausea has settled down now and only get it occasionally when I get a whif of raw meat or something like that. Still getting the cramping and a stitch like pain in my left side.

I haven't been to the GP yet for confirmation (waiting till 6 weeks) but have now started crying at the drop of a hat and sore BB's.

Does any one know why you would get fright yellow wee??? I assume its hormones but doesn't make much sense to me

Clare
    4w 4d

I dont know the answer, but I too have the bright yellow wee!!
    I was just wondering about going to the Doctor. Do most people go around 6 weeks to have the pregnancy confirmed? I was in London for my first pregnancy and went to the hospital there at 7 weeks and they did an ultrasound. What do we do here? Do they do an ultrasound or does that come later? I feel a bit silly asking...

Meg, they don't always do a confirmation of dates u/s unless u ask for one. I am having mine at 13wks (or 13wks from the only period i got between pgs) so that I know approx when I'm due (I'll prob have to have another c/s due to falling so soon after last c/s). so if they don't offer you one for around 13wks ASK for one. It doesn't hurt! Ur allowed 3 per pg I believe.

As for the back/period pains. I too had that when I fell pg with Kat. It was sooo bad that for days I was commenting to my dh that I was going to have a shocker of a af. Even tho I was days late, the pains convinced me I was going to get AF. When I finally tested (this was my honeymoon BTW) I got a +ve, drove around trying to see a dr, then did more tests in shopping center, +ve and FINALLY saw Dr and had BT which was +ve too. So the pains are normal, they are just the uterus stretching to make room for bubs. U may also get pains from tummy down into thigh which feels like a muscle spasm/pulling, that's just round ligament pain. I'm experiencing it earlier this time.

A symptom I need to add is nose bleeds! been bleeding at the drop of a hat. Emotions, evening sickness, off foods, placenta brain BIG TIME, very tired, nesting instinct started early again this pg...umm...bright yellow pee (tho not as often this pg thank god!!), headaches/migraines, receeding gums (yay...not)....when I think of more I will add them..

Oh OH OH!!! SNORING!!!! Don't usually snore, but when PG I snore so BAD! Poor DH

Hi,
    I have started to have some period pain type cramping today. Haven't had that for a while. Im only 5 weeks, did anyone else have these symptoms ? I just can't stop worrying. I think this waiting to know everything is going to be ok, is FAR worse than waiting to find out if pregnant. I dont want to talk myself into something being wrong. Any advice, any similar symptoms?
    thanks xoxo

Megg, That is very common in pregnancy to cramp for the first month or two after finding out. It's the uterus stretching. It feels like bad period pains. PPL often mistake it for the onset of their period, but don't get the bleeding then find out they r pg. It is usual and nothing to worry about unless accompanied by moderate-heavy bleeding.

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast