Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Showing at 4 weeks

Default Showing at 4 weeks

Hi everyone,

I am 5 weeks pg today and have been showing for a week. I went to my doctor and naturopath yesterday and they said it is normal for some. This is my first and I thought I would be showing from 12 weeks. I was about 10kg overweight before conception.

I don't want to tell work yet or family and friends but it is obvious that I am pg. Any advice for how to hide it and if it is normal would be appreciated.

Gemma.

Hi Gemma, my sister started showing really early on, but that was her second pregnancy, so I am not really sure how 1st pregnancies go. I started to pop a little at about 10 weeks. Have you had any scans or anything, maybe there is more than one bubs in there!

If you want to hide it, try wearing tops with a waitband that you can fold under and it makes them puff up a bit and a little cardigan over the top with only the top button done up hides a bum pretty well. Also chunky belts and v necks take focus away from your belly.

Your uterus doesn't actually rise up above your pubic bone until the end of the first tri in a first time, singleton pg. However it does start to grow quite a bit from early on and starts pushing up all the other bits and pieces in there, so that is probably what is causing you to show so early as well as bloating which is very common in early pg and makes you feel bigger than you really are. HTH.

Thanks for your advice.

Hopefully it settles down as I am in maternity pants because my normal pants are too tight and uncomfortable. Even some of my normal tracky pants are tight.

I thought I was imagining it at first. My generation in the family is due for twins and we want twins. DH and I always make reference to the 'babies'.

Gemma.

yeah, i have found some great stuff which isnt maternity that would look great for PG. i am not into the really pg looking clothing, some of it is sooo daggy!

I have so far only had one & was living in Bali at the time & came home at 21 weeks to have her in Aust!!!
    I had not seen a Dr or anyone, just knew I was pregnant, my breasts were ooozing through my bra's as the bra's in Bali would not have covered my nipple!!!! My breast were a firm C, cup bu by the time I came home I had to get an E & when I had 6 weeks of my preg to go I had to get a G Cup!!! They made the washing line spin fora week!!!!
    Anyways I got off the plane in Melb in a pair of hipster jeans & a kids size 6 T-shirt!!! My tummy was hard/firm, but definately not showing!! Noone asked or said anything! I was desperate to get into those Maternity clothes! Within about 4 weeks of being home I could not fit into my oloder sisters maternity clothes, I was humongous!
    Luckily I got a job at my old work during those 4 weeks so they could not now sack me!!!! But i was useless could not reach anything my belly was massive!
    My breast started leaking all the time at 7 months & people always stared at me out shopping, others even noticed! It was very odd, I was big, but obviously pregnant!
    I know my cousin got to 8 months without anyone really knowing & then balloooned! I guess there are just so amny various things that happen to each individual!!!
    I'd go with flowing tops too!!!

As soon as I get pg, I bloat. Must be the hormones.

Hayseed

Hi Gemma,

I'm a local, and suggest you go and have a look down in Boronia at a place called Best Direction. I'm not sure what size you are however they have a good range of these fairly trendy flowing tops. I got one from there, which was also REALLY stretchy which I wore to a wedding this week. It's just a good, fashionable top that hopefully help disguise your bump as long as you need to

Cheers,

Wardygirl

Well i went to try on two dresses today as we have two things to go to in December and i thought they would fit. Well they are too tight so now i have to go looking for something to wear. DH did ask if i could go on a diet so i could get into them #-o
    I said all i am going to do is get fatter as i will be 14 and 15 weeks by then.

Any ideas on the best place to buy stuff from ??

No ideas Tat as I am a shocking clothes buyer. My avatar is very close to what I normally wear - tshirts and jeans!

I'm finding my boobs are exploding. They seem to be popping out everywhere. DH thinks it's great, but I'm not so sure.

Hayseed

I wear the same as you Hayseed.
    Kimberley was pushing my boobs this morning. She thinks its a fun game to play.

I'm going to go window shopping this week to see what i can find.

Hi,

Thanks for the advice everyone and thanks Wardygirl for the info on the shop in Boronia. I will check it out on the weekend.

Regards,

Gemma.

Hey Gemma,

How did the shopping go? Did you manage to find anything that you liked?

I'll have to come shopping with you next time... Any excuse to go shopping and leave the family at home! \/

Cheers,

Wardygirl

Hi Wardygirl,

I bought a couple of pairs of exercise pants with good elastic waists. I tried on a few tops but they were a bit dressy to go under my business suit for work. I also checked out the maternity section in Kmart but they didn't have much of a selection. I'd love to go shopping with you sometime, just let me know when you are going next.

Gemma.

Hi Gemma, just got the target catalogue and they have 25% off maternity at the moment.

Gemma;

Target in the city have a great range of maternity wear at the moment.

Also Myer for the more "formal" wear.

Although these both stop at size 18, which was a problem for me, as I was a size 18 when I got pg, so they weren't all that helpful!

Mind you, another friend of mine just bought maternity jeans and lived in them. I bought one skirt and one pair of pants, and stretchy tops, and managed to get through.

However, I was also an E cup when I got pg, and had a lot of trouble buying bras. I was living in Shepparton (country Victoria) at the time and had to get them ordered in from Melbourne. I went up to a 20GG which was simply HUGE! DH was estatic!

There are also a couple of places to buy maternity clothes on the www. Check them out.

Regards;
    Divvy

Divvy,
    I was about a size 8/10 when I fell pregnant... Usually I was a 10/12, but I had been eating little & partying hard o/seas!
    When I came home at 21ish weeks, I was still in my normal jeans, but it was like as soon as i told everyone I just blew out!!!
    I usually had a full perky C cup, at about 7/8 months I got fitted & had to have special orders also for G cups... When my milk came in, I had no room in the bed for me anymore!!!
    I ended up going down to 48kg about 6 weeks after DD was born & my breast are now a flat, floppy, saggy, patty cake C Cup, I am now a 12/14... I hope my breasts don't get that big again, I could not sit at a dinner table!!!!

There is a good Maternity clothes shop along Canterbury rd in Heathmont... can't remember the name but they have specials regularly!!!

Thanks for the shopping places.

I work in the city so will go to Target & Myer for a look. I have bought a few things from ebay and have been very happy as they were all in excellent condition and fitted well. You can pick up some bargains on ebay. I'm only 7 weeks today so I should not be fitting into maternity clothes yet!.

Gemma.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast