Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sign of a multiple pregnancy????

Default Sign of a multiple pregnancy????

HI guys, just a few quick questions that I am asking on behalf of a friend.

Last week she did a HPT, an early one which showed a BFP(yah). However she had been feeling quite sick and tired a couple of days before. Acording to her approximate due date she is only just 4 weeks and 1 day today. However she is feeling really sick consitently, has gone off food and is really tired. On talking about it we were both suprised as usually morning sickness doenst really kick in until 6 weeks(our thoughts). Also she is having light pains(nothing severe) in both ovaries, not just one. Does this mean that she could be pregnant with twins?
    The bad sickness early on, could it be due to high HCG levels?
    Also the pain in both sides could this mean that she has released 1 egg from each side and indicate the growing luteum cyst on each ovary that it sustaining the pregnancy?

We are probably both being over the top, but seriously she feels awful. Does this mean that is will be a hard all day sickness type of pregnancy?

Many Thanks

Love

I can't answer the question about multiple pregnancy, but I can say that when I fell pg with Nina I was extremely sick from around 3.5 weeks. It was too early for the test to show positive even. I had m/s with her for the entire pregnancy and labour. So I really hope she doesn't go through that.

Yeh im pretty sure you can have morning sickness from whenever inplantation occurs.
    Re multiples.. my girlfriend is pregnant with twins (non identical so seperate eggs) and her HCG levels were normal.. they didnt find out she was having twins until her scan at about 7-8 weeks to determine the EDD. Does twins run in her family? I think the non identical type usually do. But yeh no idea really.. i think the only way to find out is via a scan. Maybe she can have a dating scan to see?

Every time I get preg the MIL starts yapping about twins cos I get sick just like your friend, but no, singles all the way!
    I lose weight in the first 10 or so weeks usually. I hope it goes for her soon.

Hi,

I was sick from 3wks and vomitted AT LEAST 20 times a day from about 3.5weeks didn't end until 26weeks. Pain in ovary posibility. I had pain in my left side when i was preg as well as around ovulation time and I had a very early dating u/s and I had implanted and got preg from the left side so it is a possibility the sickness could possibky be from multiples.

Jodi-Gosh you poor thing, I can vaguely remember some problems you had. I dont know what she will say when I tell her tomorrow. Hopefully she only has it for the first trimester.

Kell-Wow so from implantation, makes sense I guess as that's when your body starts produccing hcg. Wow on the hcg levels for your girlfriend. I guess it is only a guideline.

Lulu2-PMSL at your yapping MIL. Ugh bad morning sickness for all of yours. I agree hears hoping it settles.

Jas-OMG you poor thing. She isnt vomiting yet that I know of, so I cant imagine how bad it must of been for you. I think I will pass on your story and she might feel a bit better.

Thanks for all of your help, she is booked in to see the dr in a couple of weeks so I will update you all if she gets a dating scan done to let you know what happens.

Love

Ok guys here is the update. The truth is, it is me that is pregnant I just wasnt at the stage where I was ready to tell, so here's the news on the scan this morning.

I have just come back from my scan and OMG it's twins. We are earlier than we thought and only one of them has a heartbeat, the other one is about 2 days behind so we could not detect a heartbeat there yet. I have an 8cm cyst on my ovary which is why I have been in so much pain. I ring the dr this afternoon to see what happens from here, but the ultrasound lady said that most likely they will want to do another scan in 7-10days to check on both babies and the cyst again. No wonder I have been feeling so tired and sick. I still cant believe we have managed to fall pregnant with twins again, sticky vibes for these ones.

Love

You funny bugger CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Fingers crossed for the other twin to catch up. Could it be they were concieved on different days?? Since your 'friend' had pains in both sides??

Wow, congratulations to you! Hoping all goes well at your next scan

Congrats on the twins Helen!

wow hehe "My friend" LOL too funny! Amazing that you picked it could be twins!

Thanks guys. Yeah the ultrasound lady was sure that they are fraternal so I guess I released a 2nd egg a few days after the first.

Love

Queen Fertility!

I would love to see 2 HB's when we have our scan but I doubt it.

Congrats, I have to agree fertility queen and king most definately. Hope all is well next scan and the cyst sorts itself out soon.

Hehehe at fertility Queen and King. I guess so, I just feel so blessed to have even fallen pregnant so fast as I suffer from pcos and DS was concieved after 2yrs of trying and then finally using clomid, so this truly is our little miracle(s).

FionaJill-Hope you get a perfect scan and a bonus baby

Love

I think my Papa was a twin but thats it.

Any twins in your family?

congrats on the twins

i was just wondering whats the latest that twins have been picked up on an u/s? has anyone had it that the twins were missed on their first u/s?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast