Thread: Sore chest?

Default Sore chest?

Does anyone else have sore muscles above their bbs? It's not actually my bbs that hurt, but the chest area above them. It's kind of a muscle pain - and if I press on this area, it hurts. Any ideas what it could be?

Anyone? It kinda feels like someone is sitting on my chest. Hurts when I breathe deeply. Is this a normal pregnancy thing?

Well, even though no-one replied, I thought I would post the answer - in case someone else experiences this at some stage.

Went to the Dr today & she said that the pain is likely to be muscular. My lungs etc. were fine. Apparently it's easier to pull a muscle when you are pregnant. Guess I'll have to take it easy when I'm cleaning out that spare room (aka the new nursery).

Sore chest is not a common pregnancy symptom, but some people do experience it because there are changes from the hormones to prepare your breasts for the future breastfeeding. So, there's a lot of things going on... Muscles are working up and there's an enriched supply of blood which I guess could cause your "minor" chest pain. However, the pain should not be excessive!