Thread: Staying warm

Default Staying warm

It's been cold in Canberra but this week I am finding that by mid afternoon my feet and hands are like ice-blocks and I just can't stay warm. DH is running around in a t-shirt at night and I'm on the couch with three layers on...

I've read you can feel the cold more when you're pg but this is ridiculous. Going for a 15 min walk helps slightly (as long as I really rug up) but I have to work at my desk most of the day and can't really afford to keep nicking out for 15 minute walks. Besides I'm pretty knackered after one.

Any tips?

Kar, I love you! Thanks for having all my "not-real" symptoms too - though I think I need to sit DH down and tell him what constitutes a "real" symptom.

It's our summer, about 20-25 degrees, and I'm shivering like mad here. Over 25 and I'm ok, under and brrrrrr. I make myself a lot of mugs of hot water and put my hands around that, as well as wearing jumpers (like you, my DH is shorts and t-shirt and can't understand why I want the patio door shut). Sorry, no real help, just a bit pleased that it's not just me that's cold.

It is not just you too, My hands and feet are like ice lately too!!

I'm not crazy! I have always felt the cold and even more so since being pregnant - I thought I was imagining it! I am constantly in jumpers and the heating has to always be on if I'm home. I'm so cold I've been taking a hot water bottle everywhere with me!
    I have no suggestions on how to stay warm (especially since my DH keeps telling me I'm imagining it!) other than a blamket to take everywhere (so not practicle!), or a hot water bottle. I actually have one of these heat pack thing that you press the button and it solidifies and heats up. It lasts about half an hour and then you boil it for 20min and let it cool before using again. I take mine to work and use it when I'm getting off the train. I just press the button and stick it in my pocket. They come in various sizes but I can't recall how much they cost or where to buy them - I got mine at the show years ago. I did recently see them at one of those "stalls" they have around the shopping centre.

I never thought I'd look forward to Summer so much!

I'm so glad it's not just me! My DH thinks I'm a bit nuts. Those heater thingies sound so goood!

I was worried that I would be really feeling the heat in Jan/Feb - but now I think it will be fantastic.

I'm always cold lately too and often spend my evenings under a blankie on the couch

Hi Kar

I have a circulatory problem so have cold hands and feet all the time and this Canberra weather doesn't ever help.

The best thing tha tI can recommend is that while sitting at a desk at work I bought a wheat heat pack that you can warm in the microwave and then just kick your shoes off and place your feet on top. For hands you can buy reusable heat packs at Kathmandu that you just squeeze and put in your pockets. Both these options provide a gentle heat which takes the edge off.

Hope this helps.
    Taff

thanks Taff.