Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Too many photos?

Default Too many photos?

DP and I - well I, and I dragged DP into it - have decided to take weekly belly photos, in the hope keeping a bit of a record of my growing belly. I thought this would be interesting to look back on and for now might help me to see the early and quite subtle changes that I so desperately wait for even though I know I have some time before This happens.

Has anyone else done some thing like this or am I a little obsessive

I don't think your are obsessive at all!! I know loads of the girls on here are taking progressive shots, it will be a great record.

My DH has taken loads of me. We are currently building a house so as we are taking progressive shots of the house, I am standing in the photo and he takes shots of me! So as I am growing the house has been growing too!

I have been keeping a journal as well, just detailing how much I have grown, what the bubs is up to. Lots of my g/f's say that they tend to forget stuff like that, so you'll be glad you've made the effort now.

*Megan* Guest

I don't think that you are obsessive at all! We started to take belly photos from about 17 weeks as I really didn't show much until then...we now take them weekly! It is not only a good record for the 2 of you - but our family all life in other states, so it is great to send them through!

Happy photo taking!! \/

Megan

I agree with the others. I don't think you are obsessive. I think it is a very nice thing to keep track of and it will be nice for you and your husband but especially your child to later look back on.

I know that if/when I am pregs that I want to do the exact same thing and incorperate it into the baby book.

I think you will definately have fun doing it (especially when you can see how much your belly has grown), and you will treasure those pictures forever!!!!!!

Debbie Lee Guest

Go for it! Even though it may feel like nothing much is happening for the first few weeks, everyone is different. Some women show a lot earlier than others. It will still be an interesting reference point for you and anyone else who is interested. You are not obsessive at all!!

i dont think its obessive either, i lost my one from first pregnancy
    actually ive just put up a new one a few days ago if anyone wants to have a looksee on chloe's website

takecare
    Lesley

Thats so cool that you girls see it that way too. I feel soo much better now. I just thought that in the whole of our lives there is nothing quite so exciting, I just want to savour it

Thanks girls

Trust me - the number of people that are paying close attention to my belly means that I wouldn't be even a little obsessive to take weekly photos!!
    Its like everyone thinks they can see the tiniest little chnges, but all I notice is its getting harder to move around, and my pg clothes finally fit!!
    We have taken a few shots, about every 4 weeks or so? They are funny to look at!
    Fi

I didn't go it weekly, I had one taken every 10wks or so. Then that 10 wk photo continued (but with Kameron) till he turned 1.

Love

Canneil,

You can never have too many photos. I only wish I took more during my first pregnancy. I always planned to take one when I first went into labour and I'm so disappointed I didn't.

This time I will be for sure.

I say keep that camera snapping

Cheers,

Rachel

I've got lots of photos on munchkins website (see my WWW link). I don't think your obssesive

I've taken one photo of my belly at 18 weeks, but i've not really bothered apart from that! I think it's a lovely idea though..

Sarah, can your belly get any bigger? Wow!!!! O

LOL Gwen, it has!!! Going to put new photos on over the weekend.

8-[

I bet you can't wait for munchkin's arrival now - lovely to see the photo's shoing the progression of your pregnancy. I wish i'd made more of an effort now! O

Hey, i took a photo every month from 2 months on the same date each month to see how fat i was getting. Then when Ash was born I made an album with the photo's, plus my pregnancy record thingy from the doctor. Then, from her first day, i took a photo of Ashlea each month, wrote down her weight, height and the date, and also did her foot and hand prints in gold ink. The Album is a black background, with her pic, details and hand/foot prints on each page for each month until she was 12 months old. I love looking back on it, from me getting bigger and bigger, to having her, then her getting bigger and bigger!
    The foot and hand prints were a little difficult at first though!

I wish I'd taken more photos of 1st pg. I made an effort to pose 1 week before DS#2 came along and am very glad. I've got a bit on video too and I was massive!
    I like the album idea, Dee. I'm sure you'll cherish it as the years go by.

Hi
    I have been slack and havent taken any belly shots at all, must remember to get at least one before the end!
    My 7 year old was looking through his baby album the other day and seen a picture of me when i had just had him and he was on my chest, he said you didnt like me did you.
    I said why and he said because you are not smiling much, i said i hadnt been to sleep for 2 days i was tired!
    He is not convinced, so yeah sometimes photos can come back and bite you lol.
    So now i will have to make sure i do a depressed tired looking shot with number 2 so number 1 dont get jelous lol.

lol it is funny what children will pick up on.

Recentely I was at a friends place and her little boy wasa little naughty and was given a bit of a warning, he then turn around to his mum and said "MUM.... I can't believe you DID that!!!" then prompty stormed off.

I was a little stunned and ask what she did so bad.. I was told that he is quite fond if me and DP and was highly embarrased that he was chipped infront of us. I had to laugh, he is The tender age of 2 1/2 and so worried about his image 8-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast