Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: traumatic pregnancy - update

clare076 Guest

Default traumatic pregnancy - update

Well we went for our CVS today, only it didn't go ahead. I have no idea what is going on but supposedly - using their words, "everything about this pregnancy is small, the baby has severe inutero growth restriction, the placenta is small, and thin, and with the bleeding it is too risky to do procedure" So we have opted for an amnio in 3 weeks, only using their words again "at least waiting 3 weeks allows nature a bit more time to take it's course" WTF!!!

I left almost in tears, my baby was jumping around, kicking feet and waving hands. I have no idea what date they used but talk about having a hard time explaining it to them. By my LMP I would be 14w2d, unfortunately I had long cycles and an early scan dated me at 9w3d. On Friday (2 weeks after scan) I was dated 11w3d. Today what should be 12w, (they couldn't get an accurate CRL due to positioning) the BPD measured 12weeks exactly.

Am I just going mad here or is my baby growing properly??? Surely if my placenta was buggered (although not buggered on friday at last scan) and bubs had IUGR it would not be growing to date? I really think they were taking it from the LMP date, not my actual conception date.

So here we sit, still not knowing what the hell is going on, bleeding had actually stopped for over 36hours, however due to walking to train station etc it has started again.

I have made an appointment with ob for tomorrow morning, I am not waiting 3 weeks to find out if I am losing this baby, I want answers now.

Clare

Oh Clare - what a terrible time you are having.
    Think of it this way. There is every chance that you will haver a perfectly healthy and happy little baby. Every chance!!!!!
    By introducing the risk associated with CVS at this stage, the drs are really looking after your best interests by potentially saving your baby from trauma. You dont want to be the stat that has problems after such a procedure. Having been through a m/c, I wouldn't wish it on anyone. The guilt may do your head in.
    By waiting 3 weeks the drs will have more confidence that they can carry out the procedure without the added risk, and thats got to be the best way to go for you.
    Your OB may not have any more answers for you than that. While its a science, mother nature has an awful lot to do with things, and the best OB in the world can't control life.
    It sounds like your baby is growing, so enjoy your pregnancy as best you can and hold tight.
    Big hugs for you - this all seems like a bad dream I'm sure.

Oh, Clare I cannot imagine what you are going through, but just wanted to give you a big cuddle.

Fi appears to have given you some sound advice.

Good luck with everything, I am sure you will go onto have a healthy bubs.

Julia

mooshie Guest

clare

omg you are going through such a hard time. i just wanted to share with you something similar that happened to my friend, she went for her normal 19wk scan, feeling on top of the world with no indication that anything was wrong (eg no bleeding or anything) well they found that the baby was measuring only 14-16 wks max, so was advised to have an amnio there and then - thankfully everything turned out fine and her ds is a now healthy albiet tiny 5 yr old.

wishing you all the best and am thinking of you

Oh Clare - i'm sorry i can't offer any advice but wanted to send you heaps of hugs and prayers
    From your dates it really does sound like you have good chances of having a healthy bub.

Clare, I am so sorry you are going through this. I really hope everything will be ok (although I am sure it will be).

Clare,

I'm so sorry for this continued anxiety you are facing. I hope the appointment with your ob provides a bit of reassurance and support for you while you wait for the amnio.

Mel

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Awwwww Clare, I'm so sorry that you are being buggered around. Hoping that in 3 weeks you will be able to have the CVS and that it shows a healthy baby. Good luck sweetie.

Clare, i cant imagine how traumatic this must be for you. I suppose the best you can do is have faith that you are carrying a healthy baby. I hope that in 3 weeks they are able to give you some more conclusive information. My thoughts are with you guys.

Clare, I am so sorry that you are going through this. I hope the O/b can give you some answers if possible. My thoughts are with you. ((hugs))

Clare, I can't begin to imagine what you are going through.
    they are probably going off your LMP date, as most medical professionals I have delat with don't like the notion of charting or the we might actually know when we ovulate

Going on this info you have it would seem that your baby is growing properly, just they have your dates wrong.
    Please know that you are in my thoughts. Good luck tomorrow and/or in 3 weeks time.

It does sound like they could be using the wrong date to me too.

The one thing I can think of that might help with knowing more earlier, is if you have another scan in 1 weeks time and you are then measuring another week along, ie 13 weeks, it could just be the dates?

clare076 Guest

Just got back from ob visit. He rang lady at ultrasound for info. She told him, that yes the baby was measuring small for dates and placenta was thin and long but she actually think we have what is called a mosaic pregnancy. Where the placenta has the wrong number of chromosomes and the baby has the right number. She said she really doesn't think it can be related a positive result for tri 13/18/21. It is possible however that the irregularity on the placenta could have affected the NT result.

Ob said that if it is a placental confined mosaicism, they recommend you continue with the pregnancy but have 18 week scan for an physical abnormality, he also said that bubs appeared perfectly fine on 12 week scan.

Yeah We still have to wait for amnio in 3 weeks, which will hopefully go in our favour.
    He also said he thinks I have a localised bleed due to the large surface area the placenta takes up. As no evidence on the scan.

Little less worried now, a big thankyou again everyone for your help and kind words.

Clarexxx

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Well things are sounding more positive Thinking of you and still sending you lots of luck.

Thats good things are sounding a bit more positive. Good luck with your amnio in a few weeks. I will keep everything crossed for you.

Clare, good to hear that you sort of got some answers. I hope all goes well for your amnio in 3 weeks time.

Please stick tight in there little one

Sounds like your Ob was very helpful. Well done - I hope the next few weeks aren't too hard.

JadeTara Guest

Clare, I have everything crossed for you. I'm so glad the your Ob was able to put your mind at ease a little.
    Thinking of you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast