Thread: Ultrasounds

Default Ultrasounds

Hello all, only just realised this section! der..
    Anyways, I am noticing alot of you have already had ultrasounds done.
    DH is asking when I will go & get one done & I figured I will go at 12 weeks. But if I was to go before that whats there goin gto be to see? Will a gp even send me for one?
    Gwen, your due the day before me!

Fiona - I had an early ultrasound at 6w5d because i was paranoid of another m/c(already had 2) So i explained this to my GP and she gave me a referal. Some people also need one to check for EDD as they have long cycles or irregular cycles etc. All i saw at 6w5d was a small blob and something pulsating which was its heart but you couldn't see the baby moving at all and that was with the internal ultrasound all she could see with the external one was the sac. So if you were tog et an early scan i'd say about 7-8 weeks would be better.

Thanks for that tegan, I had to kick & scream to get a 12 week one done with Glenn. I think I will wait till 12 weeks this time round also.

Fee Guest

I had a scan at 9w6d and bubs was about 3 cm! So cute! He/she looked very much like a little baby. Not a blob.

I then had my NT scan at 13w6d.

Hi Fiona!
    Yay at close due date!! \/
    My scan's are early because of the last pregnancy nightmare, and because I had stomach pains. I basically wanted to make sure bubs was OK...!
    Are you going to wait for your 12w scan?
    Love Gwen x

I had my first scan at 5 weeks 4 days, but only to determine dates and to make sure it wasnt an Ectopic Pregnancy as i was on the pill. All we saw was a black sack with some white specks in it.. there was no visible heartbeat as it was still too early.
    Ive been told i possibly wont have another until about 18 weeks when we determine the sex as i dont want to test for d/s.

I will wait till 12 weeks. I want one done then, but after the fight I had to put up to get one with ds#2 at 12 weeks, I know I will probably need to fight again. I just wantt o make sure it has 2 legs, 2 arms & a head! Call me crazy but I don't want to get to 18 weeks & find there is something horribly wrong. I mean I would hate to see something wrong at 12 weeks too, but I do think if I had to make a decission on the out come of the preg I would rather do it at 12 weeks.
    With #2 The midwife said they wouldn't send me but just go back to my GP & ask for a referal. She thought it was a fair enough concern & just to put my mind at ease. But no GP sore it that way.