Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weird Pregnancy Symptoms?

Talking Weird Pregnancy Symptoms?

Hi all,

Just thought it might be interesting for everyone to share their weird and unexpected pregnancy symptoms.

The weirdest one for me so far has been having strong food aversions to very specific foods, e.g. apple skin. I'm finding that I can eat the flesh of an apple, but I gag when I try to eat apple skin. I've also gone off a lot of green vegies, esp. if they're a bit undercooked and crunchy, like snow peas and brocolli.

What other weird symptoms has everyone else been having?

Cant stand the smell of popcorn, thats prob not so strange though....

i cant eat and drink!
    i can eat, but have to have a few hours in between before i drink
    otherwise it all comes up
    i suffer severe m/s so most things set me off- like opening the fridge (even though it was cleaned from top to toe by dh yesterday), looking at a can of dog food, and wiping my DS bum!

ah the fun of it all- ok gotta stop as my mouth is watering now!!!
    odette

Yes! I have some weird symptoms!

I am getting revolted by really weird things - like watching TV - I just can't stand the thought of it at the moment. If I think about watching TV I feel sick. Lots of things just feel revolting and dirty to me. If there are dirty dishes in the kitchen I feel utterly revolted when I look at them. It's really strange.

Lol, yep and they havent stopped. I cant eat dip(something i usually love), i got some wasabi peas off mum for my birthday a while ago- i cant even look at the can and i have this massive obsession to clean nearly everything!

SugarDust Guest

I'm craving Pop corn and cotton candy

Out of the normal things
    became lactose intolerant for 6-7 months
    Cant stand smell of nuts
    I got hives for many few weeks to start with

previous pregnancy's couldnt eat yogurt yet it was my favorite and couldnt stand of red meat cooking.

hi

Can't even think about the idea of ham, knew I might be pregnant when I chucked up over a Hawian Pizza.
    Gone of Latte's, used to have one every day before I was pregnant, you'll be hearing on the news that Michel's profits are down, lol.
    Craving mushrooms, mushrooms and more mushrooms.....

Green mucus!

A very bad cough that makes me feel a bit queasy instead of morning sickness.

I find that I am craving foods that I don't normally like, Honey on crumpets, Jam on toast and sultanas.

I can't stand cream or anything with cream in it. Makes me wanna... well you know, lol.
    But sour cream is so yum can eat it all day.
    Go figure!

I only had MS for about 3-4 weeks and only chucked 3 times, but the things that set me off mainly were bad Body Odour on people (specifically garlic breath, smokers breath and coffee breath worse still if they are mixed). I cant stand smoking. And the one thing that still makes me gag is trying to swallow those big nasty multivitamins, there huge and they often get stuck in my throat and I almost gag on them.

when i was UTD with DD i couldnt drink WATER of all things! it made me gag so much, could tolerate it if it had cordial in it though

SugarDust Guest

Would anyone class being sick at the sight of a dirrty nappy a weired symptom??

Excessive flatulence!! Poor DP is too scared to sit next to me on the couch at night

My nipples are sooo incredibly itchy, sore/sensitive and hard!! Grrrrr!! Not sure about weird, but certainly annoying and painful!! I also keep getting weird stitch-like feelings in my tummy and cramps as well. Oh the joy....

I have a friend who says that she can tell she is pregnant because her urine smells funny. I asked her did it smell funny or was it increased sense of smell. She swears it smells funny.

My armpits itch!! Heaven forbid I change any body-grooming products, still use the same roll-on, still use the same soap, still use the same type of razor, same washingpowder, same softner, but they are itcy as hell and it started about 5 weeks pg. And just under my arms, no where else. I have tried putting on some bio-oil, just incase they are maybe a bit dry (can't seem to get the light to fall UNDER my arm to see if I see anything and DH is no help at all), but have not helped so far. All that is helping is not indulging the itch

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast