Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What kind of snacks do you eat?

Default What kind of snacks do you eat?

Okay so the hunger thing has hit me. I'm starting to feel hungry virtually all the time (even at 5am!) but can only manage to eat small amounts at once and most of the time I can't be bothered preparing anything too fiddly. So I was wondering what kind of snacks everyone else munches on throughout the day? Thanks!

Hi Angel

When I was feeling nauseous 24/7 I would often have some yoghurt and jelly, seemed to settle my nauseous feeling anmd keep the hunger at bay.

I must admit I have been a bit naughty lately and have been snacking on the wrong foods like jatz, salt and vinegar chips, biscuits if we have any which I like. I never used to eat like this, guess I have an excuse now and I`m always hungry.

I try to have some yoghurt everyday for my calcium boost as I know I don`t get enough so lately I`ve been having it as desert.

Take Care

Deeanne

mmm I ate heaps of yogurt throughout PG... and english muffin pizzas. I wasn't sure about the cream cheese factor but I loved eating bagel's & cream cheese too... but I'm not sure about listeria & cream cheese either... I still did it 8-[

I eat what ever I feel like at the time. I can eat a big packed of crisps if that's what I fancy.
    But i should really watch what I eat as I am already over weight.

ICYPOLES!!! All sorts of them - fruit, yoghurt, lemonade, milky ones! Absolutely love them, and with summer coming, they might be great (although you are in tassie.....) I keep a couple of boxes in the freezer.
    Also I drink alot of milk mixed with quik - usually strawberry flavour.
    Cherry tomatoes, yoghurt, and I drink heaps of water with yummy lime cordial (schweppes or bickfords) mixed in.
    I might sometimes cheat with small bags of chippies.....

Fi, just watch your Milk with quik in it. I drank heaps through my first pregnancy and I was borderline of gestational diabetes. I drank none during my pregnancy with Lachlan and my GD levels were fine, so I still put it down to the nesquik and its high sugar content, as my other foods hadn't changed.

Love :hbeat:

i am at work full time, so i have to pretty much eat what i take that day. i am right into oranges at the moment, they really settle my stomach. also saladas. i have a supply of carrot sticks in the fridge and some french onion or hommus dip to have them with. also cheese corn chips i love at the moment. if i am feeling really seedy a chocolate milk or a chocolate yogo fixes me right up too

Re the flavoured milk... I alway drank sustagin (sp?). It's like a food drink and its yummy!! Very good for you.

Tanya

There are a few things I feel I have to have every day, apple, banana and yoghurt, they are my standards snacks. I love dried apricots and prunes as well, yum!

Another snack I love is rice crackers, salsa and tasty cheese and cheese corn chips with tazitki dip, very yummy! I don't have these every day though!

Thanks for the tips re: flavoured milk. I'll keep an eye on myself.
    Nellbe - you sound way too healthy for a pg woman!!

Melinda Guest

I used to snack on the 'Premium' biscuits which have a little bit of salt on them, or 'Wheatsworth'. I also had to have yoghurt every morning, between 5 - 7 am as it was the only thing that would get rid of the hunger and allow me to continue sleeping! I also ate english muffins a bit....

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone!

Ellen, I think some dips are okay but you have to eat them quickly after you've opened them otherwise there's a listeria risk. There's an article on the main BellyBelly site about listeria. Not sure if that mentions dips, but you might want to check it out anyway.

Fruit, fruit and more fruit!!! Glad all the good summer fruits are coming soon, peaches, necatrines =P~

Other than that, muesli bars or dried fruit (hmm fruit again!)

With Nicholas I ate fruit, fruit and more fruit. LOL I also snacked on dry biscuits as I suffered from m/s.

Fresh & dried fruits, loads of milk and cheese. Museli bars, yogurts, dried crackers. I can't really remember what else?

yeah, they are ok if you buy them from the fridge section, i mean not buy them fresh, and i would always keep them in fridge in coldest section for a max of two days.

Ohhh I'm so with you on the peaches and nectarines, Sarah. I would love some right now! We saw some at the shops last week and I was so tempted to get some but it was a bit too expensive at nearly $13/kg!

OMG at them being $13/kg. I love peaches and nectarines as well. The price should come down for summer i think.

I'm going to start to snack more as everytime i eat a big meal at night i feel sick.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast