Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What was your morning sickness like?

Default What was your morning sickness like?

I know it's a strange question, but just wondering if people were just nauseous, or actually sick.... or both.

I am worried that my symptoms are stopping... (prob just stressing over nothing!)...

This morning and just now, I felt more nauseous rather than being sick, and when I am sick, if I haven't eaten dairy no food comes up (Sorry I know TMI), it's just bile sorta stuff...

:-({|= I am stressing over nothing I am sure... but woul like other opinions/stories!!!

*L* I pray that no-one again has to go through what I did - although I'm sure I'm just a gigantic wuss and women have suffered much worse than I did!

M/S kicked in (full on, all day throwing up in addition to killer migraines) at 7wks and continued through til about 16/17wks. It didn't seem to matter whether I ate or not, I just could not stop throwing up even when it was just water I was trying to consume.

I hear you on the bile thing. There were some mornings where I just couldn't eat and sure enough, i'd throw up that gross yellow bitter bile.

Try not to stress too much about something being wrong if the M/S seems to be changing or is not as severe. At some point it eventually needs to slow down and go away! *L*

Nausea, Nausea, Nausea, Nausea and then some times a little spew....but as you can see the nausea is what stands out to me....

22weeks of this feeling - but well worth it I'd say.

So don't expect to vomit all the time, you may just get the yuck feeling without the sense of relief - sorry if that's TMI 8-[

di

Like a 3 month hangover with the munchies. Couldn't eat, and then would crave something - noodles, subway, sausage roll etc... Then would eat it (pretty much my one meal for the day) and would feel sick for hours.
    Just like a hangover.

Melinda Guest

PMSL Fi!!!

My m/s didn't kick in until 7w. When it did start, it was constant nausea. Feeling like I had to eat, yet couldn't manage to eat too much, or discovering that what I felt like eating, once I took a mouthful or get a smell of it, was the most disgusting thing on the planet! LOL I didn't actually start to vomit until 11w and I'd vomit once or twice a week until around 23w I think. But I definitely had all day nausea from 7w - 23w. Not nice!!!

I only ever felt nauseous for the first few weeks i have never been sick with any of my pregnancies.

angel_eyes Guest

I started to feal nauseous at week 6 then at weeks 7 and 8 I was physically sick (not every day) and only at night.

I began to feel nauseous at about 7 or 8 weeks. It was a constant thing, and the only way to make it stop was by eating (which I did LOTS of). I never actually threw up at all, though would gag occasionally...

Mine could be best described as feeling carsick all day, especially if my stomach got empty. Unfortunately that happened often, coz like someone else said, altho I was hungry, I couldn't decide what to eat, and once I did decide I couldn't bear to eat it. I didn't actually throw up at all tho. I think mine started around week 7 as well and went thru to about week 12 ish. But then I had 2 weeks of really bad sinus headaches.

But the last few weeks, I've been feeling great! Still very tired, but any sickness has gone.

Hope it eases up for you soon

i got mine the morning i found out, AF wasnt due for a few days but I woke up feeling waves of faint sickness washing over me and decided that this must be it!- and it was ofcourse, we got our positive that day.

Mine was nausea, all day most days. I couldnt decide on any foods to eat, which is a big problem as when you get hungry, it gets a million times worse and after that point, anytrhing i put in my mouth felt like it was going to come back up- but, alas, it never did!!

Only ever vomited once, that was when i felt so bad i couldnt bring myself to eat untill about 2pm, one sniff of my food and i was running for the toilet.

Lasted till about 13-14 weeks but it still comes back for the day every now and then.

Mel, with Nicholas I was sick right through, I couldn't eat first thing in the morning, actually at all during the day and if I did I will throw it back up again
    (sorry TMI) with this pg I felt a little off colour at the start, but that was it. Actually I did throw up a bit of bile stuff at the start but that was all.

Don't stress matey, you might be one of these lucky ones that have no/hardly any m/s at all. Enjoy it, I say.

I started getting nauseous a few days before AF was due! It started off as slight queasiness and I didn't feel like eating. I have had nausea ever since to verying degrees (not throwing up...yet!). I find that I really get turned of by food and drink! I tend to be sticking to bread and 2minute noodles. All plain stuff! Its hard to eat correctly when the sight of vegies etc make you want to hurl! I found the other day I was craving a pasty with lots of tomato sauce, so I had one and my nausea went away for a few hours! How weird!

Lisa

WOW... we are all very different... that is reasurring (sp)...

I am normal!!!! (Well to a point anyway!!!)

LOL

Thanks for sharing guys!

Well I have thrown up everyday from 4 weeks, and it is mstly bile stuff. I am really ina catch 22 situation because I usually start being sick about 4 am when I get up to go to the toilet, because I have an empty stomach it is just bile. I normally eat something then go back to sleep and then get up at normal getting up time and am sick again. Once I finally eat breakfast I am fine during the day, just feel nauseous. Then dinner time comes around and I force myself to eat, most nights I have then thrown this back up, and cant face eating again, so once again I wake in hte middle of the night with an empty stomach and the whole process starts over.

I have found my saving grace to be salt and vinegar chips, I am just craving salty foods all of the time.
    Having said that I have had my first good day today, so hopefully I am on the up and up.

With both pg i only ever had the feeling that if i didn't eat i would be sick. I never even got to gagging when i coughed or anything!!! \/ . I found if i ate constantly when the feeling of light headedness or nausea hit me i would be fine.

Although this may sound good to those of you currently cursing me........due to no actual m/s and eating to help prevent the nauseas feeling i did put on a bit of extra weight that i can assume is nothing more than due to the amount of picking i was doing in order to feel better. But as i can't stant being sick i am more than happy to shed those extra kilo's once bub has arrived.

My M/S didnt start until around 7 weeks or so and up until 12 weeks was allday everyday, no matter what I ate, everything came up. It settled down a bit after that till just the morning then came to nothing.

Cristina23 Guest

Default nauseous all day everyday!!

Nauseous ALL DAY everyday!!! it started to kick in when i was a little over a monthand went away when i was like 3 months!!! i didnt like it at all!! LOL i was nauseous all day and had headaches all day everyday! i only actually threw up like 3 times.. but i still had nausea all day! Im 26 weeks pregnant now and im soooooo glad im not sick any more! it seemed like those first 3 NAUSEOUS months went by so slow!!

I think i started feeling nauseous around 5-6 weeks and only a week or so later started throwing up. I would be sick of a morning regardless of whether I had eaten or not. At some point I started vomiting any time of the day, morning, noon or night! It was bad when you would think you were over the m/s for the day, only to have dinner and not be able to keep it down!

At 12 weeks, it all stopped for a couple of weeks then started back up, not sure for how long? probably only a couple of weeks.

If I smelt onion, I would actually be sick, which was a bad thing considering I had to pick up the lunch order at work and another woman who had just had a baby was always craving toasted steak sandwiches with onion!!

Also had bad headaches, but i think it was mostly due to the fact that I went cold turkey on my 12-cup-a-day-at-work coffee.

Nic

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast