Thread: When did you tell...

Default When did you tell...

Hi girls,

just wondering when you told your parents. I don't want to tell ours until I am 8 weeks at least due to the fact that it is DP's 1st grandchild and I don't want them to be devasted if anything happens and I don't think I can handle them fussing over me or us until we (DP and I) are ready for it!!!

1st pregnancy, we waited till 12 weeks, but sadly I lost that baby
    2nd pregnancy (Olivia) we told my 2 best GF, and no one else until 14 weeks
    3rd pregnancy (Charlie) we told everyone at around 7 weeks after we had seen the heartbeat
    4th pregnancy.......didn't tell everyone till about 20 weeks!!

So it has really varied for us......

We'd planned to wait til later but at about 6 1/2wks it was PIL 30th anniversary - and being the 1st grandchild we thought it'd be an approriate moment to tell

I wanted to wait until 14 weeks, but we told at nearly nine weeks because I had to cancel my cousins Hen Party and we'd had the scan so had seen the heartbeat - that was the main thing I wanted to wait for. Plus if I left it until 14 weeks that would have been my cousin's wedding day... not great timing! People had to find out before they saw I wasn't drinking and guessed and we usurped the wedding, even if only a little!

I can't handle the fussing, which is why I'm happy my parents live hundreds of miles from me! LOL, I love them but only visits in small doses.

1st pregnancy we told everyone immediately - miscarried at 9 weeks
    Emily - we told my mother and best friend immediately, everyone else at about 10 weeks when we had a scan and everything looked fine
    3rd pregnancy - only told my mother because I knew something wasn't right. Miscarried at 6 weeks
    Toby - told mum immediately (there's a pattern here LOL), everyone else around 10 weeks because I couldn't hide my belly otherwise I would have waited a few weeks longer.

When it's hopefully my turn, I plan on telling my parents right away because if anything (God forbid) should go wrong I would want them there for support (and they're not the sort of parents who fuss anyway). I'd also tell some close friends right away for the same reason. But with the PIL I'm gonna wait as long as humanly possible (and I think DH will agree with me) because they are the biggest fuss pots ever and if something were to go wrong they wouldn't be much support.

goldilocks Guest

I couldn't wait to tell my family when I fell pregnant...and ended up telling everyone within days of getting a BFP! LOL

Sadly, we lost the baby and didn't find out until I was almost 13 weeks pregnant. But I don't regret telling everyone. The support we've received from our families and friends has been absolutely astounding and I couldn't imagine going through this pain without them.

A pregnancy is a pregnancy at any stage and should be celebrated! Don't hold back, hon...make the most of every single moment!!!

Love
    Belle
    -xxxooo-

I told few family members and friends at 6 weekz, i had already seen heartbeat n couldn't contain my self!The rest can wait untill they see me.

we told close family at 6 weeks. And we are announcing it at our engagement party on the 5th Aug to all our friends. we dont have our scan till the mon 7th aug. but like someone else said you want all your friends and family to support you if heaven forbid somehing should go wrong..........celebrate.

goldilocks sweetenss I 100% have to agree with you, at least if anything does go wrong you do not have to feel alone.

I told everyone I love straight away, Hm wonder why I still have not told my MIL! My mother also doens't know this time as we do not talk anymore, but I think it's great to have support for such a joyess occasion, so for me for the good and the bad it's great to share and feel loved and supported.

Love and light,
    soul

Goldilocks - I am in such admiration of your wonderful attitude.

We told parents and my grandparents the same day we got the +ive HPT (because I had a BT and got those results the same day). I also told my closest friends that day. Have slowly told everyone else. After letting it slip at work on Tuesday have decided it is now ok to be common knowledge. KI've had a scan and the Ob says everything is good (although I am still anxious since I didn't see the heart beat but the Ob assured me it was only because the baby was moving too much to get the heart beat on the screen). It is really up to you when you tell people and which people you tell. We wanted to share our joy but also have supports in place if anything (God forbid) should happen to our baby.
    Good luck with your decision.

MG

Told my friend who was ttc via IVF when I was 6 weeks (she knew I was on fertility treatment and we're pretty close) and told my family when I was about 13 weeks. Told friends after then.

Told Mum straight away at 6 weeks, which started chain reaction... she wanted Dad to know so we told him then told one brother because he is becoming a doc and knows about medical stuff and hospitals so then had to tell other brother and then it was only fair to tell hubby's immediate family.

I have close friend doing ivf and had disappointments and wanted to tell her at a time in between ''tries'' so when this time works her news is special... so told her about 7 weeks.

On Monday at what I thought was 11 weeks had scan (and found out it is only 10 weeks) and saw baby for first time so now ready to tell the world as ''he'' was dancing around and showing off in there so now a lot of my fears have subsided a little so we will tell my extended family.
    My hubby's extended family will all know before mine as my sister in law is pregnant with first as well and due same month as me... two first grandchildren due in same month... so we decided we wanted the news shared at the same time.

However I am wanting to tell my work but am afraid of losing my job. I am a office temp in an ongoing role - they think i am there for the long term, i have only been there about 2 weeks and know i will only be there 6 months so am frightened they will get someone else who can stay long long term if i tell them soon.

hI,

I also told everyone right away with both pregnancies,i amnot one to hold my excitment!!,with this bubs i was overseas at the time of conceiving and when i found out i had to wait a WHOLE day to get through to australia so i could tell the family!!!lol

We told our parents last night....8wks5days....we were going to wait until 12 weeks but i started asking questions, mum joked if i was pg....i said no then felt guilty so we told everyone...but we don't plan to tell anyone else until 12 weeks (we want the scan and all the testing done before we do), but i want to tell everyone....then i can stop pretending to be tired all the time! It's so exciting and it certainly make it all the more real now they know! I'm sure you'll work out the best time to tell. Rachel