Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When did you/will you start buying baby gear?

After all my losses I was too hesitant to buy anything to around 20 weeks. I think the only thing I bought prior to that was a caddy of bottles that was really reduced and worth getting.

I brought a few outfits in sales before i was pregnant with Kimberley then once we found out and told the IL's MIL was out buy all the time.

This time i have not brought anything clothes i don't really need it is just bottles and things that i need to get. Will have to get sorted soon or we will not have anything.

Kirsty77 Guest

My family is like yours Min, we have a tradition that with the first child in each family a hamper full of stuff is bought for you and all nursery stuff.My mum and Dad are soooo excited that I'm pregnant and when my sister was pregnant that they buy us everything.My Dad bought me a stroller and is about to buy us a cot.My Mum's also buying heaps of baby clothes.Its just as well to cause at the moment I can't even go shopping for very long without feeling really sick and they both know my taste in things which helps!

We were lucky in the fact that my cousin had finished having their bubs and knew we were going to 'at some stage' (we never told anyone we were TTC), they kept all their stuff and sold the big stuff to us very cheaply and gave us the rest. Even though some of the stuff we didn't get to a couple of weeks ago... we did get a lot of it before getting pregnant.

I have bought a couple of outfits along the way, mainly when they were on sale or from ebay. Didn't do this until we found out bubs was a boy at the 20 week scan.

We have been buying nappies, wipes, baby bath, bibs etc with our forthnightly shopping, which I am really glad about now!

Well Im a bit of a shocker - Im yet to have a bub yet I have SO much stuff it isnt funny. Infact all i really need is the big stuff (furniture & pram). I even already have bought a car seat! For me, I worked at Myer so whenever things that I knew I would want were on sale I would get them... however now I have all this stuff and no bubs and doesnt even look like will be one for a while....

DH calls my cupboards that are full of the stuff - Babyco. When I get my website up and running I will be sure to take a photo of everything I have!

Anyway, i suppose I will always have a tonne of pressies for babyshowers if I dont get to use it all!

Keen

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12