Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: when do you get a maternity bra????

of course it is, it is onle thing being comfortable, it is another thing to look like you have a set of cow udders under your t-shirt!

Hi,
    I went up a cup size at about 12-14 weeks, and it was amazing. The most comfortable thing ever! I went for an underwire, but a softish stretchy cup - touched by Berlei is the name of the bra. Super comfy.
    Then at about 24 weeks I bought two maternity bras because I had started leaking, and was told that mastitis (which is what you can develop from blocked milk ducts) is about the worst thing around.
    I still sneak into my old bras sometimes, I'm waiting til my milk comes in before I buy anymore - although I might by some cheaper maternity bras for sleeping in. The elle ones are $55, and too nice to kill by sleeping in them.....
    Fi

what is a mat bra??????
    nikki

Hi Nic,

I think you will find they are refering to a Maternity Bra

Cheers

I just went for biger sized normal bras cos my boobs just kept getting bigger & bigger! I have gone from a 12A to a 14C :shock:

I do have 2 maternity bras now, but they are packed into my hospital bag - the last thing I want is for them to be in the wash when I go into hospital.

Are the maternity bras supportive enough for exercise??? I'm a dance teacher and will have to teach for the majority of p/g but I don't want to wear underwires if they are not good for you.

Perhaps a mat bra teamed with a sports top???

I was a 12dd or a 14D depending on brand, and have just this morning (at only just over 4 weeks pg) had to go out and buy a couple of 14DDs. I really hope they don't get bigger than this! I got underwire just cos I've never felt supported in a soft-cup, but maybe the mat ones offer better support? Next time I'm at shops I'll get fitted properly...

Anybody else still wondering about when to get maternity bras in pregnancy ?? Kelly did an article for the new main BellyBelly website about this very topic. It talks about when to buy one, how many you need to buy, underwire bras etc etc. Check it out by clicking Buying a Maternity Bra for Pregnancy

Love

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12