Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When will i start to show?

Jed Guest

Default When will i start to show?

I'm 8wk2days and want to know on average, what stage do you start to show and know it's baby and not bloating?
    My belly is bigger than normal but i don't think it's baby yet as i'm not going you know what regualry as well as being bloated. I'm finding it unconfortable wearing jeans, especially when sitting down. I don't know if it's woth getting marternity pants yet as i've got a Hens Night party (which i'm a bridesmaid) in 1 1/2 wks and we're wearing jeans as part of dressing up, i don't know if i'll fit my jeans then.

Jed

Hi Jed, congrats on the pregnancy!

I know what you mean about being bloated, I'm 8 1/2 weeks and already can't wear my work pants. If you feel you need to get some maternity pants I say go for it (I tried some on yesterday, they were so much more comfortable!). You can get some really nice mat. jeans that don't even look 'maternity'. Just remember by getting them so early, they'll be a big part of your wardrobe for the next 9 months!

Good luck

Bel

P.S You should come join us in the April babies forum, we'd love to see you there!

Hi Jed, with my first pregnancy at 19 weeks I stopped looking like I had a fat gut and started looking pregnant. This time around I'm 12 weeks and my belly is just starting to pop. I think that it happens at differant times for differant women.

Jed Guest

Cheers for that belgodfrey, i thin i'll check some out on the weekend and i know my mum would LOVE to come shopping with me, she's a very happy nanna-to-be.

Jed

Sal Guest

Hi Jed, congrats on your pg. I started showing at 20.5w (it happened overnight) but was bloated before that but still in my normal pants. I still don't fit maternity pants that have the gusset thing for the preg bump, so I'd recommend you buy a pair of pants that sit below the belly, that way they can be worn before you have a big bump and are very comfy.

I have got the bely belt I think it is great a lot of people doen't like them because you can see the fly undone but you can buy these belts (theyre not really belts) like a material that is oh 30 cm in width I wear this over the top of my trousers and you can't even tell plus they are sorta the fashion at the moment anyway so know one even thinks twice about it. you can get bely belts from any good baby shop and the material belts I got from JayJays have seen them on ebay too and Kmart

my belly started to pop out at around 10-11 weeks. however people could be forgiven for mistaking me for a girl with a pot gut (like so many other girls at uni). by 18 weeks it was obviously a pregnant belly and if anyone had of thought i was just fat then i would have slapped them.

Uterus doesnt actually rise above the pubic bone until after 11-12 weeks, so showing before then would prob only be belly fat (nice to know huh !!!). Lke Misty said, i think thats when people have to think 'is she pregnant, or just eaten too many big macs'......

Im nearly 17 weeks now and beginning to show. With my first 20 weeks is when i started to show - although at 35 weeks i still had to tell people i was pregnant.
    Depends on YOU - body shape, size, health etc.......dont worry, it will happen. !!!!

mbear, some women do show before 11 - 12 weeks, I've known plenty! Usually they are not fat at all quite the opposite. I think also you've got to remember that whilst the uterus is not above the pelvis, its still double its size and everything else gets moved around to make way for it.

I am starting to show slightly now. But nothing you would outwardly notice if you weren't me or DH if that makes sense LOL!

Everyones different, and you do start to shower quicker with subsequent pregnancies.

*hugs*
    Cailin

For my DS i grew out of normal clothes about 18 weeks this time at 10 weeks my jeans needed the smallest belly belt and by 12 weeks would not fit at all. I am showing so much quicker with this one than the last, but i am also a smaller size to what i was then. I think the saying is you show faster with each child you have.
    Kas

12 weeks with both of mine! but im a bit of a chubba 2 start with 8-[

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Because of IVF, I got a big progesterone belly at 4 weeks from the additonal hormones, so I looked about 6 months on, and it has never subsided completely. I have had to buy bigger clothes already.

But it wasn't until I was wearing a tighter fitting top with an elastic skirt that people at work starting to raise their eyebrows. My tum is more than just a pot, and despite being a chub to begin with, everyone says I already look pg. And I'm only 8 and a half weeks!

With no 2, I showed at 12 weeks and with no 3, I showed at 10 weeks, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Plus the tum isn't soft either!

love
    sushee

it was at about 18 weeks for me, but the first person to actually know for sure without being told was at 23 weeks (although people would have suspected for a while, just not game enough to take the chance - LOL)

Linda

angelique Guest

Hi everyone,

I am heading towards the end of week 5.5 and my husband thinks my belly has gotten bigger. Does that mean I hold to much fluid already? What can you do to get the fluid moving (if you can that is)? I am a bit confused because I look out of proportion hehehe. One day someone is going to tell me I am looking fatter when in fact I am preggers (that will be the early giveaway at work).

I started showing at about 20 weeks too. I remember lying by the pool at 15 weeks while on holidays and wishing I looked more pregnant.

Like others I still had to tell some people up to about 30 weeks ... my response was usually :shock: "Did you just think I was fat??" and pretend to be offended

Pearl

Jed - my friend katie from work was showing at 6weeks - by 12 weeks she had the same size belly as another girl at work who was 20weeks... it was quite impressive really. then Amanda didn't show till about five months - when she had bubs she only looked about seven months. So i guess it depends on the baby and your body type....Hope that you feel better soon....

ms_fluffy Guest

I started feeling uncomfortable around 9-10 weeks too. I think I bought my maternity jeans when I was around 12. They are definitely more comfy than my normal ones. If you want something fairly trendy, try EGG. I have their jeans with the elastic band, and they are so comfy and mostly look like normal jeans (unless you're wearing a crop top).

Fruitwood Guest

Hi, I am 16 weeks and not showing yet. No one has noticed that i'm pregnant lol. I've been told though that the taller you are and the stronger your stomach muscles are the longer it will take for you to start to show. I've been putting off buying maternity clothes as so far I haven't been able to find anything I like, lol.

Sharon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast