Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who takes a Pregnancy Mulitvitamin?

katkley Guest

Default Who takes a Pregnancy Mulitvitamin?

Just wandering how many of you take multi vitamins and if so which one?

Cheers

Kat

:smt039 Hi there kat. Yes i do, I think its blackmores, it's just one that states for pregnant women, I haven't eaten meat for the whole pg (unusual for me!!) as has made me everytime. figure it can't hurt, and want to know that little one is getting all that important iron, folic acid, and calcium. I have taken a pg vitamen with all my pg's, but never take one any other time?

I started taking Elevit about 6 months before munchkin was conceived & am still taking it now. It's supposed to be good for both pregnancy & breastfeeding.

I never took any. I only did the 3 months of folate etc and iron tablets.

Love

Kirsty77 Guest

Hi Kat

I've been taking blackmores pregnancy multi-vitamin since I found out I was pregnant.I also took folic acid for the first couple of months but have stopped taking folic now.

I started taking the Blackmores Folate after my last loss, not knowing I was already preg again, I try to remember to take it every day, but I am not very good at that! So I probably remember afew times a week!!!

But I didn't take anything with DD!

I also take the Blackmores pr tablet each day (except if I have an "Up and Go" as they have folate and vitamen A both of which are necessary in small amounts but can be harmfull if you have too much) I haven't met my antenatal midwife yet, this happens at 10 weeks, so I intend to ask then if I should continue what I'm doing or take anything else. I'm not huge on certain vegetables so I figure the tablet is a good supplement.

I'm taking the Blackmores Pregnancy and Breastfeeding Formula - hardly had a rest from it in the last 3 years between pregnancy and breastfeeding lol!!

I'm taking the Blackmores Pregnancy and Breastfeeding formula too. I find that if I forget to take it for a few days I get really tired - so the iron must be helping. Up to 14 weeks I was also taking additional folate and iron (Fefol capsules).

katkley Guest

Thanks for the replys everyone, I bought some of the Blackmores Vitamins yesterday and just wanted to make sure it was safe to take.

Cheers

Kat

I alternated between Elevit & Blackmores PG throughout PG & breastfeeding... what ever was on special

mummy2B2 Guest

I took Blackmores from when I found out I was PG last time, did try the Herron brand, but found I felt more washed out on that, so switched back.

This time around I've been taking Nature's way brand since January 1st, because I found 5 bottles at coles for $2.10 each! It has much the same as the blackmores, but also has ginger in it to prevent m/s. I saved around $16 a bottle, and they weren't out of date or anything, just discontinued. The Pluravit PG was the same price, but there were no bottles on the shelf, but it didn't say discontinued line. Has anyone else tried/seen the Pluravit brand?

I take the Elevit.

Hayseed

colleeg Guest

I take Blackmores multivitamin for pregnant women- very good was taking centrium until i found out it had too much vitamin A in it was can cause birth defects.

colleeg

lulusmum25 Guest

Hi,

I take the blackmores one when I can remember. I try and take it everyday but somedays I forget. I pray this baby is healthy anyway and that the supplements are just that.

My pregnancy was a suprise one, so I didn't take the folate for the 3 months before hand, but as soon as I found out I started taking the folate. I may have missed a few days but overall I have taken it.

I take Elevit, but its out of stock at every chemist I've been to in Mlebourne lately. I finally found one that did have some & bought 5 months supply.

Blackmores is suppoed to be very good, and has fish oils too! Elevit doesn't have them, so I take flaxseed oil too.

I too found some natures way cheap. Wasn't pg, but still BF.
    Yep I've been taking PG/BF multivitamens for 2 yrs non stop, so has become a habit, and don't forget very much. I put them with the glasses, so when I get a glass out to have a drink I see them!!

kim Guest

I have been taking the Blackmores Preg and BreastFeeding Formula too and was wondering if people taking this have been having one or TWO tablets a day ---- or just whenever you remember?
    KIM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast