Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who takes a Pregnancy Mulitvitamin?

squeeze Guest

Kim - I take two tablets at the one time, it says to take two in order to get your RDI of each supplement. I am also taking a separate iron tablet (combined with vitamin C to assist with absorption) because I'm vegetarian. Three tablets a day - I feel like a junkie.

The Blackmores does have fish oil in it, so it was a conscious decision on my behalf to start taking it and taking in the fish. About two days after I made the decision, a study was released and published in the paper about how important omega fatty acids are to the development of foetal and neonatal neural components, so I figured it was a sign!

I was taking Blackmores Pregnancy and B/F forumla, am now on Herron brand as it is cheaper usually.

I was also taking the Purlavit one, it cost me $2.99 for 60 tablets at Priceline but they were discontinued a few months back.

Will continue to take Herron for as long as I am breastfeeding for.

I always take two tablets. The bottle recommends 2. I must say though, they're horse pills, and I usually dry retch with at least one of them :feelsick: Oh well the things we do for our little darlins hey!!!

amalie Guest

I tried the blackmore one first but seem to make m/s worse, then Elivit which as a little better, when ran out of elevit went to buy it again but pharmacy had run out so started taking fabfol and i really glad i did because i have felt much better since then no m/s and more energy and told the OB that and he said that alot of other women he had seen were also reporting the same thing.
    also if you do take vitiamins and you feel nauseous, i found that if i took them at night i didnt feel as sick

So far I haven't had too much m/s instead I get n/s at the end of the day I 'm my worse. I don't feel sick after taking the tablet, is just trying to swallow it that I have trouble with. But good idea I might try a diff brand and c if that helps!!

mummy2B2 Guest

If you can find Nature's Way, (it's been discontinued too) that has ginger in it to help with m/s. I didn't really think it was that much different, untill I didn't take my morning one yesterday. I felt so sick I could barely eat to have the next one (so when I did, I cheated and had both at once).

I normally have one after breakfast/lunch (depending what time I get up lol) and one after dinner, because it says to take one twice a day with meals.

I took Elevit through my pg... the only downside is how expensive it is (for someone that wasn't working that is, LOL)!!!

my pregnancy was a complete surprise so i wasn't taking anything prior to conceiving.. i bought elevit and i found that it made me feel really queasy and nauseous, like it was forcing m/s onto me! so i stopped that and now just blackmores folate.. when i remember to..

[-o< ing for a healthy baby..

I'm taking Elevit - I started taking it about 6 months while I was TTC, but then couldn't be bothered after a while, as I kind of stopped thinking so much of TTC, so I wasn't taking them when I actually conceived, but have been taking them ever since I found out.

I still forget every now and then though...

Bertie

*Megan* Guest

I take the Blackmores preg and b/f one, Omega 3 and have just been put on iron tablets as I don't eat a lot of red meat.

Megan

i am gonna start taking them again over the next few weeks to get my milk supply all vitamined up, i think i took blackmores early in pg.

bumpymum Guest

Blackmores Pregnancy & Breastfeeding Formula.... another fan here

I am on Elevit one day and then Omega3 the next.

I was taking Natural Nutrition (same dosages as Blackmores), but it doesn't have enough iron for me, so I have to now take iron suppliments.

In fact I was quite shocked at how low the iron levels are in most pg multi's. Wish I knew that earlier, no one spoke to me about what I was taking until my levels started to get low. I think I will mention that to the midwifes at my next appointment.

Default multivitamins

I agree with Hayseed, take elevit, it has everything u need. O

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12