Thread: Why am I dizzy, I am worried?

Default Why am I dizzy, I am worried?

Last week after a business trip to Melbourne for 3 days I started getting dizzy. At first I thought it was because the elevator in the hotel was so fast and they always make me feel a bit dizzy. But I am still dizzy a week later. I have never had blood pressure problems or sugar problems either. It has been mostly happening in the afternoon and into the evening but this morning it started as soon as I got out of the car once I arrived at work.
    I will be seeing OB for the first time on Thursday so will ask him about it. But wonder if anyone has any ideas or have had similar experience?
    Thanks

Maybe your iron lavels are a bit low.
    Happened to me. My blood pressure was a bit low too, so didn't help. Iron supplements helped.

it common hun. i was told a few reasons why i was dizzy. the one that was most spot on for me is the increased blood flow in ur body coz of bubs can make u abit light headed.. and not eating enough nutrition. try and up ur water intake and vitamins (such as fruit, veg and red meat).

HTH

Yes well I am only little and have always struggled with drinking lots of fluids. I am trying to finish my water bottle each day it is 750ml and most days I can finish it, plus have a bit more. But I can never drink litres of fluid it makes me feel sick. Plus I have to travel on the M5 from Mascot to Campbelltown everyday so drinking fluids between 2pm and getting home is a no no, cause there is no way to get off when your crawling along!
    As for red meat, yes I think this is something I can definately do better at. I am bored with steak and have gone of it, so DH created a lovely beef stir fry but we only have that once a week other than that, I don't eat any other red meat. I might try and find some easy, fast but yummy ideas for red meat. Any ideas?
    I love my vegies, but I must admit the work trip consisted of dinners at restaurants and I really didn't get my intake that week, so perhaps if i just get into them this week and see what happens. I love mash and vegies. But tonight i have already pulled out some chicken. maybe will have chicken with vegies. Grhhh trying to eat right while working is so hard cause by the time I get home I am starving and just go for what ever is easy and quick, otherwise I will be cooking all night and not eat till late!

Yes, very common. I get dizzy all the time since I have been pregnant. Often times seeing "stars" or kinda getting black and I have to wait for it to pass, usually happens when I have gotten up quickly or standing for a long period of time. I work in a hospital, so I have taken my BP when this has happened and it is low! Need to keep up the fluids, since our bodies need more blood flow to send blood to the baby we need to drink even more than usual. But I am with you, it's harder than ever to get in all the recommended water because too much water makes me feel sick too.