Thread: Yeah! Made the 12 weeks!

Smile Yeah! Made the 12 weeks!

I hope that when others read this they feel the same way I do! Or remember how exciting and relieving it was to make it to the magic 12 weeks! I had my scan yesterday and iot was perfect! Everything was great and have very cute photos to show off to everyone! So for those who have been bleeding (as I did between weeks 6 - 9) or are stressed - this is a good news sotry and htere is hope! Thanks to those who were so positive for me.

Can't wait for the next few weeks and looking forward - kind of - to buying new clothes - have to cause my belly is starting to pop. Thoug is that baby or lots of fried chips!!

jordiec how good is reaching 12 weeks??? still havn't had my scan but yeah pretty exciting stuff so yay for us

Wow that is great new , i have been there and it is a great felling, now you can enjoy the rest of your pregnancy.

jordiec, my wife and i have reached the magical 12w mark today. it is so relieving. can't wait for our 2nd ultrasound next Tue!!!

best of luck for you until big day in sep!!!

That's great news!

congratulations...

i dream of 12 weeks! the next 3.5 weeks will seem an eternity. :ms:

Thats excellent news! Only a couple of weeks to go for me until i reach 12 weeks, and it seems like an eternity! Like you I have been bleeding all through this week, it had me so worried, but I have had an ultrasound this week, and all was fine. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I reach 12 weeks a couple of days ago I have my first US tomorrow Very exciting...

I reached 12 weeks today, but won't relax till after the scan on Wednesday.

Good luck with your scan Sally - I had mine today was perfect I can stop worrying now!

cassie82 Guest

i'm 13 weeks this week and haven't had an ultrasound.. is that unusual.?

Hi Cassie

I dont know if it is unusual but the only reason why i had an earlier scan was because i had some bleeding. Otherwise my first scan would be the one coming up in the next few weeks (14 weeks-ish) after i have my first antenatal (this friday, 13 weeks) The reason for the delay for me is that where i live there are lots of pregnant ladies and so there is a longer waiting period (im public). Have you had an appointment with your GP & have they given you a referal for your antenatal? If you're like me and are having a later first antenatal appointment then you will probably find out when your first ultrasound is then.
    The other reason i know of for an earlier scan is if you are at a higher risk for abnormalities and need to have a NT Scan. I didnt, so my second (which really should be my first) will be around 14-15wks. Have i confused you as much as ive confused myself??? sorry!
    I might have more to say (and a more knowledgable answer after my first antenatal!)

Hey Cassie
    I only had a scan because I asked my dr for a referral during my last appt so I could put my mind at ease! So I don't think its unusual that you haven't had one yet! You can always ask your dr though

cassie82 Guest

jessy - lol you did confuse me, but reading it twice, i think i got it :-) my dr actually wants me to wait til 18 weeks for my first u/s.. he has given me a referral though, so i guess i could go sooner..
    i'm not sure what the difference is between antenatal and u/s

nella - when i asked my dr for a referral, i had to push him to give it to me.. he said it was unnecessary at 13 weeks and not to rush things.. lol being pg, hormonal and alone, he's lucky i didn't hurt him

wow! you'd think if you wanted one there would be no problem! geez...hope the scan went well

gina Guest

well done for making it to the hardest point darling!! good going. I am 5 weeks tomorrow and i cant wait to get to the 12 week mark with no dramas as i did ivf. I amvery happy for women that reach each week well. congratulations on your little pea.

xoxoxo Gina