Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: are you starting to show?

My lower belly is fine, it's the upper belly that grows with every mouth full, and the part that I am really finding hard to hide now I'm 8 weeks!!

I'm finding I still have the really low aching that I had last week with the brown discharge. I'm seeing my Dr tomorrow and will probably ask for another u/s just to put my annoying demons in my head to rest!

Everything is normal again now, boobs are still huge and sore, belly is getting bigger and no brown discharge, but still the aching. I know it's all OK but I need confirmation this time around.

I can't believe how big my belly is though, especially after dinner. God knows what I'm going to look like at 12 weeks and I'll have a wedding to go to and nothing to wear, and no one knows yet! AND I won't tell anyone until our 13 week scan, just to be safe!!!:eek:

What to wear, what to wear! LOL

Those demons really just need to shut up dont they.

I have them too.. I am in a real need for confirmation its all in the right spot =, heart beating.. Can you request one on your first antenatal appiontment... whats the likely hood they will listen - its a public hospital ????

Hi Meegm,

I'm also in the public system this time around and see my Dr (GP) as the first appointment I'll have the hospital will be late December when I'm about 16 weeks!:eek:

I've had a scan already at 6.6 weeks (which was great! Blob and heart beat all in the right places) and as I had a miscarriage this year, they bulk billed me (bonus).

I've booked in for my 13 week scan already (the place I go to for that is hard to get in), I have a referral to an Obs that I can use all the way through, instead of relying on the antenatal clinic at the hosp and also have the blood test referral ready for my 9 - 10 week bloods next week.

So, you just have to know what to ask for and in the public system I'd be using your GP as much as possible, and request a u/s ASAP to help with the demons if nothing else.

You can get a referral to an Obs that also delivers at the Public hosp you are booked in at. It costs a bit more out of pocket than just the clinic, and there isn't any guarentee you'll get that obs to deliver, BUT, it's good to use the one person - much better on the demons!!

Take care and let me know how you go...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12