Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 12 week Ultrasound photos- is this a boy, or an umbilical cord?!

Hmm, don't know,

I couldn't see the pic very well.

If you go to my site you can see a between the legs shot of a little fella at 19 weeks.

He took a whiz just as the sonographer was getting into position so we didn't miss him.
    If you look at it, at the bottom is a shin and above that you see a little nub like thing with like a thin line (stream of pee) coming from it.

After that she was so certain it was a boy we didn;t even get the standard disclaimers.

kirst74 Guest

Updated photo - hopefully this is much bigger and clearer. As many people commented, the first lot were loading very small and impossible to see - sorry about that. I really am a technical dunce.

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...ltrasound2.jpg

i would say its definately a boy - although im no expert!

we didnt want to find out what we were having but at our 19 week ultrasound we were "flashed" very obviously by some suspected boy bits. there are some wonderful ultrasound galleries at aboutpregnancydotcom and by comparison we are pretty sure our bub will be a boy.

your bits and our bits look the same... (we never had oursconfirmed by the sonographer though)

i would wait for confirmation and your next scan..

kirst74 Guest

Just an update on this thread - it IS a boy!! Confirmed today at the 16 week scan. So whether that's an umbilical cord in the 12 week photo or not, it looks definitely like a boy now. Those sonographers must really know what they're looking for.

Thanks and good luck to all.

Yay for your confirmation Kirsty. Congratulations on having a little boy

lj268 Guest

hi there,
    I agree with Trish, I reckon it is easier to see a scrotum than a penis. Well this is speaking from experience as that is what I saw when I had my U/S with my 4th child, a boy. But, mind you I had that U/S down at 19wks.
    I think I would recheck at a later U/S as the pics may be a little easier to see.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12