Thread: Alan - can you help?

Default Alan - can you help?

Hi

Sorry, Alan - I have been having a little pain/cramp in my groin and everytime I walk or move my legs when lying down it is uncomfortable, sometimes more then other times.

I have my midwife appt on Tuesday but I wanted to see if you could help me with any suggestions as what could be causing this.

At first I thought it was the sides of my legs, inner and up high but now it feels like in my groin/pubic area.

If you can help out that would be great as I am a little worried!

Thanks.

hey floss,

i had this and it became worse and worse. It was a UTI!! i had no pain except on one side when after i wee'ed. When i wee'ed or anything it was just bad i think it's gone now but everytime i get a pain there i freak out.

i ahd antibiotics but it was scary. Hopefully your is jsut a muscle pain or somthing like that.

HTH

floss does it feel muscular? It sounds like SPD to me...its where the symphasis pubis bone comes away from the muscle.

Thanks girls,

Doesn't hurt when I wee but Danni it does feel muscular. I used to feel it after I went for a walk - now its just there all the time. Is SPD bad???

Sounds like it to me floss!

Mine was really bad around 23ish weeks-- but it has settled down a lot now. I just get the occasional agonising pain if i seperate my legs too quickly gettbing out of the car, or bed etc.

Unfortunately there isnt much you can do for it. Swimming/aqua natal classes helped me a lot. My physio gave me a brace but that made my back hurt so im not sure if that would have helped or not.

Thanks danni - I think that is what it is. I had a little read on the net and it sounds like it. So much for a breezy pg

I have my midwife appt on Tuesday so will tell her.

Sorry for TMI but its only been a few days with the pain there all the time - does it hurt during sex?

P.S Looking forward to reading about your bubba's arrival Danni!!!

thanks floss

It shouldnt hurt during sex. It shouldnt hurt if you're legs are parallel..does that make sense?

Mine only hurts when I open my legs (sorry), or lift one leg up (stairs etc).

Phew! DH is getting a bit toey and I was worried it would hurt LOL

yeah when I get dressed in the mornings it hurts when I stand on one leg. Haven't had to go up many stairs yet but will try it out at my friends tomorrow as she has stairs.
    Its not at that barrier where I am in tears, its just really annoying. I love sitting down, but I don't want to stop excercising. I think swimming and water areobics is the way to go - must look into that and do a couple of classes over easter.

Hi Flossie
    I think Danni is correct. the joint in the middle of your pubic bone has become loose due to a hormone called relaxin and with a little help from progesterone. When you move the ends of the pubic bone rub together and cause the pain. Often it is at its nost painful when turning in bed. There is very little that can be done to stop the pain. Slow smooth gentle movements when turning in bed, getting up, etc may help. Panadol can alo be useful.

Thanks Alan! I am sure this is what it is. Bugger!!!

Its not as bad at the moment, but there was a moment last night when turning when it was really sore. Must remember to move gently.

I am going to do some swimming classes too!

Thanks heaps - I am just glad it does happen and its nothing serious.

Just wanted to add that my pregnancy yoga teacher has mentioned this a few times in class and she has a cute way of telling us what to do - she says to act as though you're the queen!

Apparently the queen gets out of bed by pivoting around both feet together and placing them on the floor to stand up, same thing with getting out of cars! Who knows where she got that from, but it's quite funny to imagine! My only thought was that I'm not sure how the queen goes up and down stairs!

Star
    What a great tip