Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baby Shower Ideas

Taia's Mum Guest

Default Baby Shower Ideas

Hi Everyone!

I'm in the process of organizing my baby shower and I was just after some ideas on:

*What food to serve
    *What sort of things to put in a goodie bag
    *Any good games (I like the sound of the choc in the nappy game!)

I know traditionally I'm not ment to organize my own but that's the way things have turned out for me - so any ideas would be appriciated!

xoxo
    nat

Im just serving party like food, nibblies, chips and dip, party pies, cheese and meat skewers etc.

Hmm, havn't even thought of a goodie bag!!!

Games - we're doing one with a string, give it to everyone and they have to cut it to size to fit around my belly~ closest one wins...
    - memory game kinda thing - a group of baby items on the table and u gotta guess what they are...

Otherwise that i don't know... i starting to feel like i dont want mybabby shower, its just ended up in more stress, i've already had to change the date once becuase people couldn't make it, now more people cant make it too the new date, it's ended up in more fights and stress then i anticipated~ Haha and i ain't organising it! lolz!

Hope u have a good day

Taia's Mum Guest

yep i'm having the same thing! only 3 people can make it at the moment! so i'm sending out some invites to work people to try and make up numbers - if that fails i'm going to move it to lunch at a cool restaurant!

I like the idea of the string game! sounds cool!

i hope your day goes well!

Just wanted to add that we did the string (or ribbon in our case) game at a baby shower I organised and it went down really well. The best bit is when people huuuugely overestimate how big mum to be is and take metres and metres of the stuff (you need a few clueless ones to come for that)- it's all good as long as mum to be takes it in good humour!

We played another game where each guest had to send a photo of themselves as a baby to the organiser prior to the party. Then each guest had to match the other guests to their baby photos which were stuck on a wall- some people are great at being able to pick faces from a young age!

We also took bets on the sex of the baby, date and time of arrival, with a prize for the closest.

Another one is to guess the number of jelly "babies" in the jar.

We had a list of famous people's babies names and you had to guess the names of the parents- impossible for me I am hopeless on celebrities!

That's all I can remember at the moment....

I really enjoyed my baby shower...we just had a group of my girlfriends at my house (organised by two of my friends) and had nibblies (slices, hot finger food, chips, dips, fruit platters etc).

We played the string around the tummy game (very funny!) and a word guessing game (ie movies/songs with baby related titles and we had to guess the full name of the title eg: "Three ___ and a Baby").

We didn't have a goodie bag but what a great idea!

Good luck and have fun!!

I bought everyone a little bag of mini bickies you can get from the "Cookie Man" as a little thanks pressie. I don't think anyone expects anything huge.

Tehe we used toilet paper instead of ribbon or string - they seem much nicer though LOL.
    We also played one game where everyone had a paper plate and a pen and we set a timer and they had one minute to put the plate ontop of their heads and draw a baby....funny funny.

Goodie bag sounds lovely.
    We played aother game where you put 10-12 baby related items on a tray let everyone look at them for a minute or so, then take them away and everyone has to write down all the items on a piece of paper. Person with the most correct wins.

My Mum and my sister are organising mine for next Sunday.

- They are doing the baby items on the tray memory game
    - Have filled a babys bottle with M and M's so the closest guess to the correct amount.
    - They have cut out celebrity Baby pictures and you have to say the mum and the babies name
    - When people come in they get a little plastic baby with a number on it and that is a door prize.

They have got blue and pink helium balloons and are doing blue and pink cupcakes with milk bottles and jelly babies on it, and lots of other party food. I have about 20 of my friends coming so can't wait to see them all.

Taia's Mum Guest

Oh I love the idea of chocs in the bottle and they have to guess now many is in there! That's cool!!

So many good ideas! Also making me hungry!

what do you reckon is a good time to hold a baby shower - that is, how far along? 34 weeks was roughly what i was thinking?
    I love the idea of the games, never thought of it before.

What about giving everyone safety pins and then they can't say the word baby or then they get a pin taken off them - whoever has the most pins wins a prize?

I love the idea of thank yous and I am definately doing this as I know a few 'family friends' think that babyshowers are just a way to get presents. I am thinking of a little photo frame that they can put a pic of the baby in when its born.

I am organising my own with Mum and MIL. I am a control freak and love organising things so can't wait. Have already started even though its not till May

Taia's Mum Guest

I think mine is at about 35 weeks - it's a month from my due date - didn't want to do it too early!

We got little cupie dolls & froze them in ice cubes, everyone got one at the same time. Without helping it along the first one who's "water breaks" ie who's melts first (you have to shout out "my water just broke") wins a prize.

Any more ideas? I am organising one for a girlfriend and would love some game ideas. What is the chocolate in the nappy? It sounds a little bit gross but I am curious?
    We did the ring test at my baby shower and everyone wrote down on a piece of paper when they thought I would have the baby and the sex. I put this in the baby book and one of my girlfriends guessed it - she thought she had struck gold!

I just typed into web search engine "baby shower games" i was very dubious of what sort of results i would get, but, comes up with heaps of sites, and some really good ideas. I will certainly be looking at them when it comes arranging mine.

I will be 34 weeks when I have mine.

My sister also bought a from a party shop a pad of nursery rhyme cryptic clues. eg Arachnaphobic girl ( Miss Muffet)

One baby shower I went to you had to wear either blue or pink depending on what ysex you thought the baby would be. Another one I did for one that I organised was I had 5 baby items and you you had to guess the price of the items and the winner was the one who was closest to the total amount. ( like price is right).

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah_H View Post
    We got little cupie dolls & froze them in ice cubes, everyone got one at the same time. Without helping it along the first one who's "water breaks" ie who's melts first (you have to shout out "my water just broke") wins a prize.
    PMSL I love that one...how cool!!

My baby shower is at the start of Feb so being in Brissy and usually fairly hot we're having fruit platter, punch, cheese, crackers, dip, celery, carrot (to go with dip) and a cake (best friend's mums b'day same day). As for games you can give out paper with the alphabet on it and everyone has to write down names. You get a point for every name you have which no one else has, then at the end the person with the most points wins. You can also do baby items etc using the same concept.

Another game we played was paired up and had to put on a nappy and dress a baby doll with one hand wrapped around each others back and using only one hand each. Best time won.
    We also played a variance of the memory game. They put a tray filled with things in the middle, took it away and then asked us to write down what the mum-to-be was wearing.
    You could also play pin the dummy on the baby.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast