Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Baby Shower Ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Renee Elizabeth View Post
    What is the chocolate in the nappy? It sounds a little bit gross but I am curious?
    You partially melt (in the microwave) different types of chocolate in separate disposable nappies - they get passed around and you have to guess by look/smell what chocolate it is. Just FYI - caramello koalas look reeeeeally gross! And cherry ripes are kinda scary :eek:

Hello babe
    I had an Le Rev aromatheraphy party at the same time, It was my SIL that was the Le Rev rep and she went through the oils and stuff that you can use while you are pregnant and during the birth... there are not many at all that you can have with a new born baby in the house but as they get older you can

And yep..... there was only me, SIL and Amanda that used to live in SA that came! All the family moaned and said why didnt I have it up there where they live...... they just didnt come when I had it at home ..ggrrrr

You just make sure you enjoy yours no matter how many show up... let me know when it is so i can send something!

XXXXOOOO

This might sound really silly, but where did/are you guys having your shower? The reason I ask is because my mum and one of my BFs have decided i'm having one (fine by me, even though I feel a bit bad). This friend LOVES orgainsing this sort of stuff (she did my cellar tea/hens night), and suggested I have it at her house (she lives behind me). I'm waiting to have mine until my BF comes back from OS so I will be at least 35 weeks, so I appreciate that I'm not going to want to do a lot of work to organised for it. But are people going to think it's weird I didn't have it at my house? Or is that normal? I haven't been to many baby showers, and they were all at the mamas home.

BTW we're having an afternoon tea, we do GREAT afternoon teas, lots of yummy food and fun games of course. Def. will be having goodie bags

Sezjm - In my family it is traditional for someone to host a baby shower for you at their place. But as soon as I found out I was pregnant at 5wks I had my sister and one of my aunts arguing over who would host the baby shower and where. I said I don't care who organises it, but I want it at my place (so I could have gone off and had a nap if it got too much hehe), but do you think you can wait til I tell everyone that I am pregnant before you organise the baby shower? (then they moved on to the christening!)

My sister also had a unisex baby shower years ago, which upset the aunts as well hehe.

The rules are there to be broken, or bent, or whatever you want to suit yourself.

Thanks Belinda, I just don't want anyone to think that I'm a slack-arse for not having my own shower here! I agree the rules are meant to be bent and broken so we'll just do whatever suits us

LMAO at your aunts not liking the unisex shower! Family just get sooo excited, don't they? It will be your turn again soon hun

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12