Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Baby's heartbeat vs Baby's sex

Veronica, I think bubs heartrate gets faster as it gets bigger iykwim. They all pretty much start out around there.

my bub at 7w3d was 158

I have also heard that , but I think its a bit of an old wives tale too.

At 12wks bubs heartbeat was 158
    18wks , was 148
    24wks , was 140.

But we still dont know the sex. Will find out when bub is born!
    DH has strong feelings it is a girl though.

Veronica, I asked a midwife at my last appointment about the heartrate, and was told anything between 110 and 170 is usual. So I think your bubs would be just fine. They would have told you if it wasnt though.
    Last edited by Karina; December 5th, 2006 at 08:09 PM.

My OB and the midwives I've seen all say a bubs heartrate should vary btn 110-160 and not remain the same like an adults so I'm not sure how this theory is supposed to work. I've had 3 CTGs in the last week so have seen this variation in action a lot and it's not always related to movement or BHs. Maybe it's like those chinese lunar charts - it works for some but not for others. Fun to speculate though!

tianar Guest

hi i remember googling info on this with my second pregnancy. Believe it or not there has been a scientific study on this (in America of course)After testing hundreds of women it was found to be no correlation between heart rate and gender. The only time heart rate correlates with gender is during labour where girls rate normally is higher

Bob's heartrate has only been told to me once and it was 160bpm. That was at 15 weeks. He's hardly ever still though so if you need a resting heartbeat, I'll never get one! LOL

BTW, he's a boy.

Yeh old wives tale i think.
    Jesse's heart rate was different every time i had my check ups. Most of the time his was up around the 150 bpm mark.. the 3 that were recorded were 144, 155 and 140.. and he, obviously, turned out to be a boy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12