Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Being pregnant in winter....

Yeah I havea pair of Supre leggings but I find that my a$$ hangs out because they are sooo low. My Target ones are way more comfy. Tops are pretty easy I find, just anything that I would normally wear in a size bigger plus there are lots of empire style tops out there too. As far as coats go I have a wooly cardy type jacket that I wear clipped near the boobys and the rest hangs free but yeah tummy does get a bit cold. Scarves are great.

I was just whinging to DH tonight that I much preferred being pg in summer, I'm not a winter girl at the best of times and can't stand layers of clothes, which are even more uncomfy when you can't find clothes to fit properly. I too am living in my trackies at home and for the 'outside' have one pair of black and a pair of blue jeans from kmart (I think they're bub2be) but I still wouldn't say they're comfy, I just can't bring myself to wear my trackpants and ugg boots out of the house! I may be pregnant, but I still like to try and look nice! Bring on summer!!!

A little while ago i bought 3 dresses woolen to see me through winter - not maternity but baby doll kinda style so they would do. Thought i'd just get some maternity tights to go with them.
    Only problem is - its so damn hard to find any tights! I found some stockings - two pairs left at myer. Supposed to give you Tummy support.

Well, bullocks to that! By the time i get down the bottom of my street the front is sitting UNDER my belly and the back has ridden half way down my a$$.

I cant wait till it warms up just a bit - long flowey dresses and a pair of mat cargo pants with some normal baby doll tops should see me through! I just HATE that i spent good money on "maternity" tights that cant even support my a$$, let alone my belly!

Gosh...i had 2 pregnancies in winter and one in summer and i HATED the summer pregnancy. 40 deg days and carrying an extra 20kgs - no thanks. I loved being pregnant in winter - throw on a big loose jumper, with some leggings and your done.

I must admit, i did like the fashion aspect of being pregnant in summer. Wearing tight singlets and t-shirts - i think looks gorgeous on a pregnant belly. But sleeping at night, the heat, getting comfortable. No thanks, i would much prefer a winter pregnancy....

mbear - I know what you mean hun, definately more comfortable in winter as far as sleeping and moving about goes, but sometimes a girl has to sacrifice comfort for fashion and feeling pretty and right now I'd have my play-doh swollen feet back for some 28 degree days

Target yoga pants are sooo comfy & don't look too bad with the right top

fashion and feeling pretty and right now I'd have my play-doh swollen feet back for some 28 degree days
    ohhhh your funny. I know, i know, nothing like having a red toe nail painted pedicure and wearing a loose flowly skirt even if you are 36 weeks pregnant.....you might get a few weeks of skirts in during your last few weeks....

I brought so many trackies.. luckily I love trackies. ATM im wearing DH jumpers as all mine (even the bigger ones I brought) dont fit so im have to freeze when i go out next cause im not wearing one of his to the shops.

ooh I'm loving winter PG (but have never had summer PG ). I wear DH's tops on the weekend. Plus I just live in FOUR light stretchy pea in a pod LS coloured tops from the factory outlet that(they keep the draft away from my belly where DH's tops gape a bit), plus a coupla pairs maternity pants (used to fold 'em down) now I leave 'em up over the belly. I have no chance of fitting into previous pants (belly seems waay too low for that).. but most of my trackies are still doable. Jackets (the biggest ones I had) I just wear open with scarves.

Agree that Target stuff is a bit... meh. I went to the Ormond maternity stores and got some good basics there. I've found trying to buy "normal" clothes mostly doesn't work for me, cos if they fit my BB's, they swim everywhere else!! I have two pairs maternity stockings (1 pair opaques) but i tend to boil in 'em. And I haven't found ANY jeans (maternity or otherwise) that I remotely like, so I'm just having a denim-free 6 mths!

I was pg during winter both times and thought it was better physically than summer, but I agree with the fashion side of things! I HATE maternity pants and would have loved to live in a comfy skirt.

Tanstar - Did you know there is a maternity factory outlet in Ormond called Motherhood Maternity? I went there for both of my pregnancies and picked up some great bargains. They have a huge range of jeans and things. They have the brands you find in other maternity stores, but for a fraction of the cost.

I have been pregnant over summer for most of my babies and I hated it. I hate the heat at the best of times but being pregnant in it sucks. The only thing with this pregnancy is that all the jeans and pants are under the belly and they forever roll off I spend so much time hitching the buggers back up that I now refuse to wear them. I have a couple of stretch pants that still kind of fit over the belly so am wearing them alot. Would love to find a pair of jeans that go alllllll the way over the belly.

I loved being preg in winter - i bought some basics and mixed abd matched them - a goodpair of black pants, good denim skirt, good pair of jeans - all of these I spent $$ on but i figured i can wear them next preg as well.. thern i got lots of things from metallicus - which is so perfect for preg (and after you just wash in warm water and they go back to shape and i wear them now - perfect as you get back to 'normal')... I wore heaps of scarves, bpught a few little cardis that didnt do up and went from there... i really feel the cold but felt good last winter!
    i always thought summer would be the worst - but i dont know as i havent been through it (though i can see the fashions would be better ha ha ha!!)

Sorry I have to disagree.

Being pregnant in winter rocked.

I was pregnant though summer and although it was in the early part it nearly killed me. I was soooooo hot and I could not get comfortable no matter what I wore (all clothes made me feel ridiculously hot). Could not imagine how bad it would be to be in the third tri and having to deal with the heat.

Different story for winter. I lived in maternity jeans from Kmart & Big W. I had two pairs - both were comfy as. I had a couple of long sleeved mat T's, two belly bands and a couple of short sleeved mat tops & mixed and matched them with all my stretchy non mat tops. I was able to wear the mat jeans right up until the day before I went into labour. I'm still wearing them even though I don't need to - just so comfy.

My only issue with clothing through winter was when I got into my last tri and my feet got swollen. I had to stop wearing socks as all my socks became too tight and left huge ridges in my legs. Very uncomfortable. I ended up buying thick stretchy socks like you wear to bed but couldn't wear them when I wore shoes. Basically I had to go sockless and ended up with only two pairs of shoes I could wear - one pair of enclosed shoes and one slip on. In the last month I could only wear the slip ons.

One of the great pleasures after giving birth was being able to wear ordinary socks and and being able to wear all my shoes again, but I had to wait a whole two weeks to do this as it took that long for the swelling to go down.

Being preg in summer s&cks It was the most uncomfy thing EVER...

We are planning bub no.2 so that im preg in winter! im not doing that again.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12