Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Belly Button ring

Angry Belly Button ring

I got my belly peirced just before I found out I was PG it has had heaps of time to heal, but this last week it has been agonising & it is very red. I have had odd times before where this has happened mainly when I forget to move it, but I've been moving it & rubbing it with the detol wash & nothing is making it better.
    Is it time to take it out? There is hardly any room for it to move up & down anymore.
    I really don't want to loose it (no way would I go through getting it pierced again ouch).
    I know that I can get a maternity one, but they are so daggy! If I take it out now would it heal over I just don't know what to do with it anymore.

Storm, have you tried just sitting in the sun for a little while with your top up to expose it to some fresh air and sunlight? I had to do this with mine cos mine took quite a while to heal properly. I didn't move mine enough though and it is quite tight and I only dare move it in the shower or bath now cos the skin is softer. I do believe that they heal over quite quickly.

Where do you get maternity ones from cos I would also like to keep mine and don't have the guts to go through the whole piercing and healing process again...lol. They're flexible or something aren't they? How do they stay in when you really POP out??

Thanks Cass, I will try sitting in the sun a bit.But the more I think about it the more I realise it just doesn't have enough room anymore.
    You can get the flexi ones off ebay, so I think I'll go & see what I can get. They have little balls on each end & you can cut them to size, but cos I dont know how big I'll get I think I'll just leave it whatever size it comes as.

Let me know what you find! I still don't understand properly how they work How do they not grow out IYKWIM? My email is [email protected]

Cass, they are made of plastic & they just go through the hole like your normal one, then you screw the balls on either end. They do look really off though!

I have the same problem, I had my pirecing done before I fell pregnant and still is healing and gets sore . When it does I use betadine which helps heaps.

try using savlon cream. Put it on the ring and move it up and down so it goes into the hole. I took mine out with DS and it didnt heal up till just recently. And he is 2 next month. I still have the hole on either end but the middle is closed. After i have kids i am getting mine done again, I love them and it isnt that painful... Maybe i have a great pain threshold.
    Jen

Lavender oil! Also paw paw ointment is meant to be great for belly button peircings.

A good surgical steal bar is also a must for them to heal up nice. Sometime Gold or silver can be to irratating.

Storm, how's it going? Getting any better?

Snook Guest

I've had my piercing for a number of years now and only recently has it played up on me...maybe due to pregnancy...I don't know...had to take it out cause it was getting to sore...hope it fixes itself soon...

Yeah CAss, seems better today still a little red & sore though. I have ordered my flexi ring now, so hopefully that will fix it.
    Thanks Ladies for your replies!!

Hi,
    If you go to a tattoo piercing place you can get a proper pregnancy bar it's called a PTFE bar. I had one with my first pregnancy but lost it inbetween, this time i got one of ebay, it is pretty flimsley. Personally I'd get it from the tattoo piercing places. Have you tried the salty water to make it feel better?

Storm, don't expect it to be miracle cure though! I hated the PTFE bar just as much as my regular surgical steel bars once I got bigger. They all just seemed to rub on everything the wrong way & it drove me nutso. I put mine back in after Zander was born but my holes were stretched & it looked dodgy! After a few months I decided it had to go. So now once I'm finished with having all my bubs it will go back in

Oh dear Sarah & Brooke, I'm not too hopeful for mine now! Sadly I don't think I could get it redone down the track. I can only hope it survives this preg!!!!!!!

Snook Guest

Storm...how long ago did you get your naval pierced??? When I got mine done, it took a year to completely heal. All I could really do was keep it clean and make sure it didn't get infected.

There is hope for those with belly rings. I am on my 3rd PG (akmost finished actually!) and mine is doing,looking fine!

Yeah i agree...i didn't even need to change the ring with my preg - and now it's completly the same as before. Storm - perhaps it's because it hasn't had a great deal of time to heal before the big changes of pg???? I've had mine for 10yrs so maybe that's why it took so well to my preg? I really hope it settles down for u - it'd be a shame to lose it I'm with u on being a woos and never getting it done again

woo Hoo thanks Fionajill!! I'll hold on to my little bit of hope then!

Snook, I had it done in April, just seems strange to get red & sore all of a sudden, maybe it still is settling in.

Thanks Rae, you too have me holding on to that slight chance it'll survive! he he.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast