Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Belly rings & pregnancy

Natalie- can u let me know when u get the maternity belly rings on ur site.

Natalie - What type are you going to be selling? Just the normal ones with the balls on either end or the fancy dangly ones too? I would love more info and what you will be stocking, can u PM me once they arrive?

I have kept my belly button ring for 3 pregnancies now with out the aid of a maternity bar.
    Looks normal still.

What sort of ring do you have through it - ring or barbell?

I have a barbell through mine atm and there is heaps of room for my tummy to grow, but I will be afraid that the barbell could break through coz not much of my skin was pierced...

Natalie, you'll have to let me know when you get them on your site as well!!

I looked in the mirror the other day when I got dressed and had a singlet top on and cos of my belly ring it looked like my belly button had popped!! It gets a little uncomfy when I knock it...I guess it's just the beach ball bump getting bigger and it sticks out further!

I took my bellyring out last week - the ball at the top of the barbell was constantly pressing into my skin and it was looking red and spongy ... so I took it out before it got infected.

I'm hoping I can just pop it back in after I give birth - I poked some earring back in holes that I hadn't used for a couple of years and they went through really easily.

I usually have a ring but towards the end I swap it for a bar bell or a small ear sleeper. This time I just stuck to the bar bell.

I'll let you all know.

Veronica, there will be the ones with the colourful balls, the gem set ones and the ones with little silver dangly things.

Natalie - awesome!! I will definitely get some off you then. There is a store online but its in America and I would much rather buy something from you Cant wait!

They're up on the site, ladies. They are en route and will be here in 5 days.
    Last edited by hannanat; December 13th, 2006 at 03:36 PM.

I went through my entire last preg with a normal ring in and it was fine! I'm nearly half way through this next preg and still have a regular ring in with no irritations. I guess it just depends on what you're comfortable with....will be checking out your site though Natalie cause a maternity one might be extra comfy

At 22 weeks ai still have a good 2 mm of space with my regular banana bell and I'm hoping to just use that as long as possible and then hope for the best for a month or 2 between taking it out and being able to have it back in. My midwife gave me a good ear bashing about it and said I wasn't able to have it in but it's not a problem so far. I've had it for 14 years and I don't want to give it up yet. At this poin, I just take it out for my prenatal visits and put it back in afterwards.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12