Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bleeding and hospital (again)

Default Bleeding and hospital (again)

Well,

I started bleeding again yesterday, bright red blood around a tsp of it I guess, it was trickling out when i got out of bed.

I have also been vomiting and had diarrhea with bad morning sickness.

So yesterday my OBYN sent me back to the hospital (was there monday for bleeding)

They checked baby, who was doing fine and had grown heaps since monday.

they put me on a saline drip and gave me antivomiting drugs. they wanted me to stay in but thought it would cause me more stress so came home once drip ran out.

this morning I got up to more blood...

They said not to worry unless I Had cramps or enough to bleeding to fill a pad.

yet I am still stressed, I know it can be normal, but there is nothing normal for me about seeing blood.

there was a little streak of red blood this morning, but when I tried to clean out my inner area (tmi)
    so that I could see what was new and what was old.
    there was heaps of dark red, black almost blood.
    enough to coat my finger 3-4 times and then I gave up.
    there was a tiny stringy clotyness size of 1/4 of a pea if that.

There was at-least no new red blood. except what I had in the morning on the paper.

at the hospital the Dr said there was a little blood on the wall of my uterous and said thats normal as the placenta forms.

does that sound right?

even though they say it's normal i cant shake the stress of it.

When I was checking inside I felt a little nob on my cervix, I didnt want to play with it too much but it was slipping under my finger. I am trying to convince myself that this and the bleeding could just be a blood vessel, thats popped.

I go for a OBYN visit on monday...

at what point should i really start stressing..
    is this just going to be normal for me??

what is it so scary?

Oh hun, I wish I had some words of wisdom for you, but I can only offer you my best wishes.

Whoa, I would be stressed too D-D.

It is great news though that bubs had grown since the last time - that is a very good sign.

I'm not sure if the bleeding is being caused by the placenta forming, but if your Obs said it is, I would assume that would be correct, coming from a professional.

Really, there is not much you can do, but if you can I would take it extra easy. I have had no bleeding during my pg, so I can't really relate, although the worrying I can relate to after having 2 m/c b4 this one sticking.

Sounds like the vomitting and diarrhea was more than just related to m/s, more like gastro or something.

I would keep a record of what is happening everytime you go to the toilet and pass this info onto your Obyn on Monday.

Hi DD,
    I am sorry this is happening again. You have really had a rough few weeks.
    That almost black blood is old blood. Your cervix does feel a litle different in pregnancy but I would be keeping away from it at the moment. It's a wonderful sign that your baby has grown.
    REmember so many women experience bleeding in pregnancy and take home beautiful healthy babies at the end. Keep visualising that being the end of this journey for you. It really does sound promising, and I look forward to hearing good news from your doctors appt on Monday.

Bleeding at the implantation site can occur as the placenta forms. It is called a subchorionic haematoma. It is not ideal to insert your finger into the vagine - it is self cleaning and will expel any residual blood without assistance. The cervix does change with pregnancy so it is difficult to know what is normal and what isn't but the main thing is the baby is continuing to grow.

Some women do have bleeding through pregnancy. I have a subchorionic haematoma and had bleeding at 10, 11 and 12 weeks. Mostly a small amunt but still scary. I haven't had bleeding since that time but other women continue to bleed throughout their pregnancies.

What you are looking for is increased bleeding - heavier than a normal period, cramping and clots. If none of those are happening, try to rest and relax until you see you OB.

Good luck.

All the best DD. I agree with Michelle you should leave your cervix alone. It is good to hear your baby had grown that is an excellent sign.

Well I had my OB appointment yesterday and everything seemed fine. I am still vomiting and will more than likely need to go back into hospital and put on a drip.

I can't seem to shake the bleeding though and whilst it may be classed as "normal" it's still terrifying me.

It is very dark red, almost black and even has some tiny clots in it. tiny as in 2-4mm.

it then goes down to brown spotting and then back to deep red/black.

I was told unless there is cramping not to panic. But.. now Iam terrified every ache and pulling is a cramp. I am just not sure whats just pains, back pains hip pains or something sinister.

I would like to think, If I am miscarrying I would be sure of the pain.

afterall Bubs was fine on the scan yesterday..

still finding it really hard to not stress about it, especially when I am so weak and emotionally drained from being so sick.

has anyone else had persistent bleeding...

you poor thing, it must be such a scary and worrisome time for you right now.
    Have you had a look at this about bleeding in pregnancy. It might be re-assuring for to read some of the success stories in it.
    I hope it clears up soon so you can enjoy the rest of your pregnancy.

Hugs Dove. This is such a scary thing. With my son (now 6) I had thick dark red to almost black loss intermittently until about 16 weeks. It was scary so I can really understand how you are feeling. He was born healthy, strong and on his due date. Sometimes hearing stories from people who have been there can really help with your confidence.
    As Dachlostar suggested go to the link she provided and it may help you to feel more confident.

Claire Guest

Hi Delicate_Dove,

We are about the same in gestation and I've had one bleeding episode already. I say already because I bled a lot in both my previous pregnancies.

Everytime is scary I think.

I'm really glad to hear baby is growing well, that's good news. And it's definitely a good sign as there's no accompaning cramping.

Even though I am on pelvic rest this time around (my choice) I still had a bleed I think for me it's just one of those things.

When I was about 10 weeks on I had cramping and bleeding. My doctor said that it was most likely that I had miscarried but I needed an ultrasound to check. The U/s showed everything was fine and that my little one was going to be a strong little bugger. I am now 33 weeks. My bleeding happened directly after I had a freak out about uni and a big cry. It could be related but might not. But the calmer and less stressed you are, the better off you will be.

Hi there,
    sorry to hear you're going through all of this!!
    I had slight bleeding, not as much as u've had, 2 weeks ago.
    I had an u/s to check and everything was ok, the sonographer said that it was becasue I have a low lying placenta... could this be a possibility???
    Good luck with everything!!
    I'm sure you and your little one will be fine!!
    Nicky

Well I got my latest scans back with the report saying.

An active 7 weeks fetus with a small subchorionic bleed.

which of cause freaks me... I am down to brown spotting but it seems plentyful so I don't think its going anywhere.

my mother is staying with me and is taking care of me, my fluids are back up but still unable to do anything and occasionally vomiting but atleast I dont have to go back to hospital this week.

thanks for all the replies...i'll post when i can

Dove,
    That is WONDERFUL. Michelle71 has had a subchorionic bleed with this Alf's pregnancy. I am sure if she sees this thread she will come and offer you some personal experience.

I had a massive subchorionic haematoma with Fergus. I bled really heavily between wks 5 and 19. I know how scary it can be. Fergus is now 19months old ... Best wishes xx

Is the continuous brown spotting a concern ? its been 6 days since my last red red bleed.

Hi Delicate Dove

I completley understand how scary the bleeding is. I had similar bleeding to what you are describing from 9 weeks through to 12 weeks. Sometimes it would be a huge gush of red blood then just the brown discharge for days. I had 3 scans over that time and all of them the baby was fine but they could see bleeding in the uterous. At 12 weeks the bleeding just stopped and I am now 16 weeks with everything looking fine.

I hope that gives you something to hold onto. I know when I was going through it stories of people coming out the other side with everything ok made me feel a little better.

Hey there Dove,

I'm sorry I didn't see your post earlier.

I had a subchroniac hematoma with this pregnancy. The bleeding for me lasted from week 6 - week 14. The red clots were very scary and the in between brown bits. I spotted really all day everyday up until week 10ish, after that it was every couple of days.

My hematoma bled out, that's what all the bits were, but it is still very scary. For you, it's very good news that they can see what's causing the bleed and it's not the baby! Apparently subchronic bleeds are pretty common, but most women don't bleed and don't even know it's there.

The continuous brown spotting for me was a normal thing after the bright red bleeds, but I made sure I got scans and hcg checks to help with my sanity. I had a scan done at 6 weeks, 7 weeks, 10 weeks and 12 weeks (NT scan). It really helped me feel positive enough to grow the baby during that scary time.

Even though there is a reason for the bleeding, it's still very frightening and I really sympathize with you. I can only suggest to take it easy, take one day at a time and really try and keep your hopes up. Go and see your dr whenever you like and ask for reassurance if that's what will help.

Plenty of women have had these bleeds and have gone on to have successful pregnancies. There is a support group on yahoo groups for SCH's, you can find it by googling SCH support group.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast