Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleeding During Pregnancy - Women's Stories Of Bleeding In Pregnancy #2

Default Bleeding During Pregnancy - Women's Stories Of Bleeding In Pregnancy #2

Quote Originally Posted by BellyBelly View Post
    As some of you will know, bleeding during pregnancy, especially during the first trimester, is quite common, with varying degrees of bleeding. The reasons too can be varied, which are listed in the article on the main site of BellyBelly HERE - well worth the read for all. However for those in our forums, I thought I would start this topic as it's a very common topic of discussion and it does happen to many of us.

I wanted to make a specific place where women can share their experiences of bleeding in pregnancy, with both positive and negative outcomes. I know of so many varying stories, where women have still had a 'period' right through their whole pregnancy, even bleeding and cramping for the whole pregnancy, yet have had healthy babies. There are also those who are unfortunate to have miscarried as a result of bleeding.

If you feel comfortable sharing your story, please do. If you are uncomfortable discussing bleeding in pregnancy, that's totally fine and there is no pressure to contribute whatsoever. Hopefully this thread can bring support to our members who are experiencing bleeding during pregnancy, which of course can be very upsetting not knowing what is happening.

If you have any questions or feedback about this topic, please email me at [email protected]

The previous thread can be found HERE

JoJo Guest

Default New Reader

Hi, I just discovered this site yesterday and I have been fascinated by the number of women who have bleeding during pregnancy and still go on to have healthy babies!

Here's my story so far...and sorry if theres TMI! I am currently 7.5 weeks pg. A week and a half ago I woke up and after a shower discovered I was bleeding a red colour at this stage. Off to the local GP who pretty much assured me I had probably m/c but gave me my Anti D (RH neg injection) and booked me in for an ultrasound. Went to the ultrasound 2 days later to discover I hadn't m/c but was carrying twins (who I will now refer to as B1 and B2). HB for one at the 6 week point was 109 bmp and the other 116bmp. Ecstatic but still scared due to the bleeding.

Two days after the ultrasound I started bleeding again and have every day since - dark brown spotting, not heavy but there every day. Went to OB who was not really confident about the future of pregnancy and booked me in for an u/s for next week. Yesterday I passed a clot, which I hadn't done previously. It was only about one cm long but still I don't know if it can be a good sign. I have had really bad morning sickness up until yesterday and now don't feel bad at all, which again makes me think its not a good sign. But breasts still sore etc etc so I think i may still be pg but wonder now if I have lost one of them. So off to u/s this week and hopefully, fingers and toes crossed, both are still there and healthy.

Has anyone else suffered similar bleeding/spotting daily? I am worried but trying to remain optimistic

thanks

no wonder you're worried. Is it possible to bring your U/S forward so you get some more answers sooner rather than having to wait until later in the week?
    I hope both your precious bubbas are healthy.
    welcome to bellybelly

JoJo Guest

Hi Dachlostar, thanks for the message. We ended up pushing the u/s earlier and went in today instead of later in the week. U/s showed everything was fine, two healthy peanuts with strong HBs which is really reassuring. Still early days but feeling much more optimistic now. Just take it a day at a time. Haven't had a bleed today so hopefully that continues.

cheers

That's wonderful news JoJo!! They say that once you see a heartbeat the chance of losing your bubs goes down heaps.
    I hope you don't have any more bleeding.

4under3 Guest

Red face

I am relieved to have found all of you. We are pregnant with our third pregnancy. I had no complications with our 2 year old but a dime sized brown spotting one day with my 1 year old (which was because my placenta pulled a little, but his pregnancy turned out normal. Now I am 19 weeks pregnant. At 13 weeks I started bleeding HEAVILY one evening. I called my doctor and had to wait to come in the next morning for bloodwork and an Ultrasound. I was a wreck the entire night waking often with cramps and heavy bright red bleeding. I couldn't imagine how the baby would make it with all the bleeding.

The next morning, to our surprise, the US showed our healthy baby....AND our OTHER healthy baby. We are having twins and they were not affected by the bleed. The doctor said my cervix had been bleeding but that the babies had healthy strong heartbeats and were growing great. I stopped bleeding for 3 weeks and started bleeding 12 days ago. First it started with light brown spotting so I called my nurse. She was not very comforting and said there was nothing to do and if it changed to bright red or if I was having any contractions or cramps to call back. So 4 days after it turned to a dark red/dark brown so I called again. She told me I needed to "calm down, it would be the best for us all." Now I have been bleeding for almost 2 weeks and I don't have an US for 6 days. I am so nervous.

The babies are identical girls so the doctor said that usually they will stick together and either both make it or both not. I can for sure feel the one baby move all the time. The other baby I can feel once in awhile. I just wish that my nurse could be more understanding. It's so hard to be bleeding a "medium flow" every day when you are pregnant. Does anyone know if it is more common to bleed when pregnant with twins?
    Thanks.

4under3 Guest

I just read your post after I posted my similar situation. Read my post. I don't really have any answers for you..but know that you are not alone. I have many questions for my doctor Feb 26th. I'll let you know what I find out.

4under3, when something so stressful is happening in your pregnancy you need sympathy and support not *****y nurses.
    It must be awful having to wait another 6 days - maybe if you went to a GP and had a talk about the kind of emotional stress you're feeling at the moment they might refer you for an ultra-sound for peace of mind. If your nurse is always a ***** maybe you could ask to be assigned to a differant one. You could just ring up the clinic/hospital and ask what the procedure is to change your nurse or Dr.
    I hope your bleeding clears up soon so that you can relax.

muski Guest

Hi Everyone,

I thought I would also share my experiences I am now 12 and half weeks pregnant and have experienced bleeding on 3 major occasions. The first was at 5 weeks I panicked and after visiting emergency and having an ultrasound the doctor told me they could see a sack but they wouldnít know if there was anything wrong with the baby for a few more weeks as it was too early. After an agonising 2 weeks I had woke to more bleeding and noticed that I had passed something in the toilet it looked solid and had some blood in it. I was worried that it was the baby and I had miscarried so I arranged another ultrasound where the radiologist said the baby looked fine. So for the next couple of weeks I was over the moon and enjoying being pregnant.

Then on the weekend I was out and had a lot of blood loss again it was bright red its leaked through my jeans, for the rest of the night i had spotting and slight bleeding when i went to the toilet.

I rang my OB this morning and he asked me to come in, he told me that bleeding can happen in the first trimester and especially at 12 weeks when the placenta take over. I have another ultrasound tomorrow but the OB said not to worry, i did not experience any pain or cramps but seeing the blood is so scary and not knowing is even worse. I thought I would share my story with others I know itís scary but it appears a lot of people experience bleeding and it doesn't necessarily mean you will lose the baby. Hope this helps otherís who experience bleeding

muski, its great to see that you can be so positive through such a worryig experience. I hope that your ultrasound went well and your little bubba was doing ok in there.

Hi try not to worry and diffidently change nurses 4under3 your under enough stress worrying about this with out having to cope with an insensitive nurse i don't want to scare you but i would ring your doctor and see if you could bring the scan date forward for your peace of mind ,at this stage it could be the placenta and also bleeding could be caused be a varicose vein in the cervix so take it easy oh and its very common in twins about 3 out of 5 would have bleeding expecting twins and go on to have healthy babies.
    i had bleeding in my first pregnancy it started at 6 weeks and went on for nearly 4 weeks but the baby was fine i had morning sickness was so tired all the normal symptoms , on my second baby i had bleeding at 9 weeks again went for a scan all was fine and it only lasted a day this time, on my third i had none. i did have a miscarriage in between my first and second but the bleeding came with a lot of pains and it was exactly like labour pains it was over in a couple of hours and i passed loads of clots sorry, but i did discover i was 9 weeks pregnant a couple of weeks later it looked like when i was losing one i had one making its way to the womb hope i don't upset any one with that just so you know the difference. but good luck and try not to worry both of you let me know how you get on and take it easy
    niamh

4under3 Guest

It's been a couple of weeks since I posted but wanted to let you all know that I haven't had bleeding for a few weeks now. Now we have a new situation to practice our faith on. Our twins have 1 placenta that they are sharing. Sometimes one baby can "steal" nutrients/blood from the other and get bigger than the other. This is a serious sitation called Twin to Twin Tranfusion. The doctors we have been transferred to are at Mayo Clinic here in Rochester, MN and they are the best of the best. We are being monitored once a week to meausure the doppler (heart) of both. We are believing that God is in control and everythign will be perfect.

Hey all,

Yes I have had bleeding and a horrible doctor he told me I had had a m/c and should book myself straight into hospital for an abortion of "what was left" but I said I wanted an u/s, he said it was a waste of time and money (had to drive over an hour to get there) but I said I wanted it anyway. I had spotting the night before, then the next morning I got a pad full of red blood but no clots that came out over the course of about 2-3hours and then it went to very light spotting till that night. U/s showed that it was bleeding from near the probably implantation site and the u/s lady described it as being the same principle when u get a bruise on your skin but in the uterus the blood doesn't have skin to sit under so it comes out. We couldn't hear a heartbeat but could see a flicker. I have follow up scans when I'm almost 8 wks to try and hear the heartbeat.

My advise from my experience is ALWAYS get a second opinion. I could of just listen to him and had the procedure when theres still a chance of having a healthy baby. A lot of ppl do get bleeding in pregnancy and it can be relatively normal and your baby still fine!

Big hugs to everyone and try and keep positive and strong *hugs*

Luv CelticMoon

Ladies,

Im currenlty 16.5wks pg and I have had one episode of spotting at 7wks and had a large bleed at 14wks. The spotting was very light and an ultrasound showed little blob with hb so went home and had some rest and spotting stopped in two days. At 14wks, I had a small brown smear one evening when I wiped. I didnt worry about it and went to bed. I woke up at 6am the next morning for a wee break and when I looked at the loo paper and in the bowl, there was red blood everywhere (but no clotting). I woke up dh, rang the ob who was going to meet me at the hospital at 9am. Dh and I went for brekky (I was trying to be really positive and I was very proud of myself too) and the ob examined me saying my body is threatening a miscarriage. She used the doppler machine and we got to hear a nice strong hb. The next day we had an u/s and it showed a perfectly healthy and active bub. The bleeding stopped the same day and I had some light spotting for a few days afterwards.

There was no real reason for the bleed and the sonographer explained that it could be a number of things but bub / placenta etc looked nice and healthy. I was sent home for 2 weeks bed rest. And here I am nearly 3 weeks later and (touch wood) no further bleeding or spotting or anything.

Having had two losses previously it was hard not to panic, but bleeding in pg is not as rare was what we think, and I think that trying to stay calm and positive really helped me get through.

Love and belly rubs to all,
    Lisa

Hi everyone
    Im 13 weeks pregnant and I have noticed spotting 3 times. The first time was when I was about 10 weeks and I had a bit at about 2.00 in the afternoon and then later at about 8.30 that night I went to the dr and she said that sometimes it happens and the darker the better and not to worry! Then a few days ago I had more- only a little bit but it was bright red! I havn't had any cramps and I think everything is ok but I wanted to ask you all if you think there is any reason for it? Do you think I need to take it easy for the rest of my pregnancy or is this just something that happens occasionally and I can't do anything to stop it so I should just live my life normal?
    Thanks for your advice
    xox

Hi Nay23,

I am in the same boat. I had some bleeding yesterday. It was only light but was bright red and completely freaked me out. I had a little spotting in the evening but nothing since. I havent had any cramps or anything and the Doctor said everything should be ok. It's pretty scary though I was so upset yesterday. I feel a lot calmer today but just keep second guessing myself. I havent had any m/s or anything so I keep asking myself if eveything is ok. I am constantly tired and hungry though so i think its all good.

Hi Nay,

I been told it can be during the time the placenta takes over and with the expanding of the uterus you can get a little bleeding. I got bad implantation bleeding and am expecting to bleed again sometime after the 10wk mark as well as I bruise and bleed very easily I doubt my uterus is going to be any different!

Always see a dr though just incase they can feel around, get you ultrasounds, bloodtests etc to make sure everything is a-ok :-)

Smile Wishing you all the best

Quote Originally Posted by 4under3 View Post
    It's been a couple of weeks since I posted but wanted to let you all know that I haven't had bleeding for a few weeks now. Now we have a new situation to practice our faith on. Our twins have 1 placenta that they are sharing. Sometimes one baby can "steal" nutrients/blood from the other and get bigger than the other. This is a serious sitation called Twin to Twin Tranfusion. The doctors we have been transferred to are at Mayo Clinic here in Rochester, MN and they are the best of the best. We are being monitored once a week to meausure the doppler (heart) of both. We are believing that God is in control and everythign will be perfect.
    Hi 4under3
    I just read you last post and that's good all the bleeding stopped how far along are you now
    i just wanted to wish you well as it sounds like you have a worring time ahead of you but they have come on leaps and bounds in treating this condition so it will work out fine
    Best of luck Niamh

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast